Author Topic: mdma synth recommendations?  (Read 3430 times)

homeslice

mdma synth recommendations?
« on: November 30, 2002, 05:20:00 PM »
After reading and re-reading the different mdma synth processes swim predominantly chose the dr. drool method to be the main steps in swims synth. heres the basic overview of his synth:
Overview:

1 I distilled sassafras oil to make safrole.
2 I distilled RC model fuel to make nitromethane.
3 I used the Wacker reaction to make MDP-2-P from the safrole.
4 I made MDMA from the MDP-2-P and the nitromethane.

It seemed like the easiest method for swim bc he is a newbee chemist but maybe swims wrong? Also at the beginning of drools synth method it says something about dimethylformamide being hard to get, so swim didnt go with brightstars
what are some recommendations to this?
ANY input or recommendations at ALL would be greatly appreciated by swim

Rhodium

How about using the search engine - there you ...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2002, 05:25:00 PM »
How about using the search engine - there you will find out what methods people actually are using, as well as seeing exactly what problems they experience with each one.

carcrash

yeah that is the easiest least fussy route
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2002, 05:32:00 PM »
Yeah that is the easiest least fussy route as far as precusor quality from what I have read.

You should read thru Osmium and Methyl Mans writeups. I believe Brightstars is older.

Use the search engine and read a ton before you think about doing anything. I would read every post in the newbee forum for starters.

I would also do a dry run from start to finish without any mdp2p 1st so you get experiance with it if your not a chemist.

homeslice

so many different ways
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2002, 05:43:00 PM »
ive been reading so many different ways that people are using and everytime i finally decide this is the method im going to use, i find someone talking about it being harder or there being an easier one  :(
its so hard to discern whats ripped from what
like it seems like everyone just takes bits and pieces from one method and bits and pieces from another one. its really complicated figuring out whats from where when ur just skimming through the search engine
thanks

Rhodium

The correct way to do is to take bits and pieces ...
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2002, 04:01:00 PM »
The correct way to do is to take bits and pieces from different writeups and combine into what suits your skills and supplies best. If you are a newbee, better go for something that is easy, but has lower yields than the experimental high-yield state-of-the-art procedures. Also, everybody's ability to aquire chemicals vary quite a lot (for example, I am unable to aquire ephedrine/pseudoephedrine where I live, but on the other hand I can have 1kg of red Phosphorus and 1 kg of Iodine delivered to my door tomorrow. For most people it is the other way around), and therefore it is hard to piece together a writeup from start to finish that would suit everybody.

PoohBearium

Hey
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2002, 04:37:00 PM »

Also, everybody's ability to aquire chemicals vary quite a lot (for example, I am unable to aquire ephedrine/pseudoephedrine where I live, but on the other hand I can have 1kg of red Phosphorus and 1 kg of Iodine delivered to my door tomorrow.

Hey, Rhodium, I'll trade you w/w if you'll handle the shipping/handling/smuggling...

homeslice, SWIY has chosen one method that is fairly common, but you should also be aware that SWIY could also go the peracid (using performic(perferred) or peracetic) route to acquire MDP2P, though it involes an additional step of isomerizing safrole to isosafrole (see:

Post 253066

(PoohBear4Ever: "Re: Possible Peracetic Revision", Chemistry Discourse) ).

Basically, SWIY will still use the Al/Hg amalgam to get the desired product, but there are several different ways of getting the ketone to plug into that step. Also, pure nitromethane can be found w/o the need for distillation, though this is still a good step to ensure reagent purity.

PB

To achieve, you must.
The answer will hit, like a big orgasm.
If you listen, they never lie.

slick14

it depends on the situation
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2002, 04:21:00 PM »
it depends on the situation you are in and if you have lots of room and no fear of nieghbors or landlords and access to chemicals there is no one great way.

epistemologicide

specially in oz
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2002, 07:10:00 PM »
try getting sass oil australia, swim cannot

if your in australia, chances are(aroma threapy shops cant supply it)

ur fawkd :(

FEAR MY GEAR
i cook to save the planet!!