Author Topic: why this happen  (Read 4765 times)

CharlieBigpotato

this is not about dogs:
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2004, 11:02:00 AM »
seeing that typo up there (HCI) reminded me of a question that i may as well try to ask here, as evidently the mods aren't on patrol for insignificance violations, and i wouldn't know where else to put it.

(there's no way i'm using the search engine for this, so don't even bother scolding me with that one.)

i was wondering if there wasn't a means of adding Hcl (50%) and iodine into a flask, plus a missing element, that would permit HI to bee formed pre-rxn; and the cl would bee coaxed away by the missing element; in a double displacement rxn that left an irrelevant salt, to bee removed later.

what might a sliver of Na do in such a scenario, if the Hcl was introduced anhydrously, as gas?

and how might i ask other questions without starting a thread, if they don't fit anywhere?

like this one;
could this rxn take place with gaseous precursor and HI?
assuming a rig that could bee maintained with inert gas fill and a slow introduction of H2?
might it bee possible for Hcl to do the job of HI, if it was a gas? fairly hot one? (it would need to bee as hot as the vapor point of the precursor, i'd assume)

12cheman12

You said you boiled the pill mass in ISO.
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2004, 01:25:00 PM »
You said you boiled the pill mass in ISO.
I hope you didnt throw the ISO alky out because the ISO alky dissolves the pseudo.
You should of evaped the ISO for your pseudo.
I know this is obvious stuff but i know how your a newbee here and need alot of guidance

BlackBmw1

yeah my friend befoe i msg u earlier today , i
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2004, 04:31:00 PM »
yeah my friend befoe i msg u earlier today , i pooored acetone and boiled  trying to some how get the black shit what stuck to the bottom , and to see if it cleard up, but no luck. I will do what you say mate , i only put 2 little caps full in ,  but the smell is still strong...
it is so strange it  went like that cause i did exacltly the same with half the pillmass and 1 cap full and that went yellow and made 2 seperate layers like it surpose to ..i still havethe other pillmass, but waiting for the out come of this black thing...

p2e3r4f5e6c7t8

Maybee you should try a steam distilation like
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2004, 06:36:00 PM »
Maybee you should try a steam distilation like this one

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/worlock/steam.html#Steam%20Distillation

Maybee swim might recover some of his psuedo ::)

Or maybee even try this method from the man who has done heaps for the OZ bees

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/worlock/placeb.html