Author Topic: best route for 60's with triplodine  (Read 2517 times)

bigblue

best route for 60's with triplodine
« on: June 03, 2004, 06:10:00 AM »

mr_pyrex

UTFSE
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 07:49:00 AM »
Boy ohh boy, newcomers never cease to amaze me. ;-)  All I'm gonna say is- try using the search engine.  Plain and simple as this subject has been covered in all ways, shapes and forms.  I don't intend any disrespect mind you, but asking this type of question is bound to ruffle a few wings of other elder bees.  Good Luck.  Pyrex out of suggestions

Phlegm

Acetone
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 08:18:00 AM »
If you're processing your pills using an alcohol extraction, you will at some point need to evaporate off the alcohol. When enough alcohol has evaporated to cause the surface to "skin over", then crash out (precipitate) your pseudo by adding a large volume of acetone (watch out for boil over of the actone and the attending fire hazard!). Put a lid on your dish and allow the acetone to boil for 5-10 min. Decant the acetone. Add fresh acetone and repeat the boiling and decanting. Then maybe do a good rince with acetone w/o boiling. This should get rid of your blues.

P.S. When decanting the acetone, the more thorough you are the better your results will be. You might be suprised how much fluid pseudoephedrine can hold. Using a tiny bore turkey baster (i.e. melt the opening of the baster shut, then poke a hole in it) to suck up the remaining acetone trapped in the pseudo mass.

bigblue

T.y
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 10:02:00 PM »
thanks for the reply,  It was swims fault, he misspelled the antihistamine name and found 4 posts that didn't help him any. After the required scolding he spelled it right and voila an acetone boil was suggested.  Swim boiled three times in fresh dry acetone, filtered and sqeezed and set to dry.  Thats where he stopped.

Chewbacca

EGULL
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 06:01:00 AM »
SWIC had several positive extraction experiences processing pills that match your description.

TCE (tetrachloroethylene, automotive brake cleaner) wash, 2x ethanol extraction (use liberally) filter x3, remove solvent, recrystalise.

Check Rhodium for a more comprehensive writeup, of course.