Author Topic: Synthesis confusion  (Read 2364 times)

place

Synthesis confusion
« on: February 24, 2004, 07:34:00 AM »
Many of you probably see this as a fools questions, but still I would be happy if some could help me  :)

Why is Placebo's (

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/meth.rp.html

) and Pebbles (

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/hypotale.html

) method diffent, is it only because of the use of RP insted of HI?

SWIM planing try out Placebo's synths., but are confused about the use of the condenser? SWIM planing on using a Liebig condenser. Why does Placebo's synths. requried a 2 neck flask? Does there only have to be one, to the condenser? And whats the meaning of the ballon in

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/hypotale.html

, the top of the condenser, what would be best to connect there? A hose leding in to a bucket to pick or just 2 ballons (the one inside the other one)?

Newbie questions, I know  :-[

I have tried to UTFE, but without luck  :-[

I be happy for any advises!

rgs, Place

place

After looking at some pic.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 07:43:00 AM »
After looking at some pic. of clandestine labs, I can see that the second neck is to a thermometer ofcourse.

If using a oilebath, would't it be posseble for just take the temp. on the olie?

rgs, place

kris_1108

Differences
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »
The psuedo extraction in placebos synth may not work for some of the newer pills.
Yeah the rxns seem pretty much the same apart from the hypo/rp. Many would say that 2 - 3hrs is too short for a RP rxn, and would opt for atleast 24hrs with a bit of h20 in the mix, to fully reduce the pfed to meth.
I would advise that if you have hypo, then follow the hypo synth. If you have RP, do a 24hr synth.
The synths are different at the end too - placebo steam distills the meth out while the hypo synth extracts it with an a/b.

geezmeister

different synths
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 03:15:00 PM »
Don't confuse red phosphorous and hypophosphorus acid. They are not the same creature at all, and the reaction is not the same. Placebo's synth works fine, makes meth, and done properly gives good dope. I learned it, did it, succeed with it, and no longer do rP/I2 synths that way because I had better success and higher yields with the long wet reflux method. That is not a knock at Placebo at all. I just finally figured out there was an easier, if longer, route to the intended goal.

Hypophosphorous acid is more for the impatient among us. It is the fastest completing HI synth I have done, has the most consistent results and best yields of purest product of any of the standard HI synths. But do not follow Pebble's synth. Do follow monkeyboy's suggestions in hypotale, or study the contributions to the field that Shorty has made over the last year or so. The hypo cook done correctly yields very good product. And it can be done with a good deal more safety than I did it when I was fooling around boiling down hypo to concentrate it a few years back.

Giving consideration to the ability to obtain phosphorous acid legally I suggest you also consider that method as it works quite well as posted and the meth you make that way works just like the meth you make either of the other two ways.

kris_1108

Some questions that I didnt answer the first time
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 10:33:00 PM »
are about the flask.
Placebo uses a twin neck because after the rxn, he steam distills the meth out and uses and external steam source (then external steam enters through the 2nd neck.)

>>Why does Placebo's synths. requried a 2 neck flask? Does there only have to be one, to the condenser?
The condenser is attatched to one neck. If you've got a twin neck, IMO thats a bonus (for adding things while the other neck is in use.)

>>And whats the meaning of the ballon in hypotale, the top of the condenser, what would be best to connect there?
A baloon atop of the condender will contain fumes and HI gas if it gets up that high.

place

@geezmeister: When SWIM read Placebos synth.
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004, 05:33:00 AM »
@geezmeister: When SWIM read Placebos synth. it looks like it max take 2-3 hours. Would you recommend a longer run? With a E/RP/I2 reaction?

geezmeister

LWR for E/I/P
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2004, 07:50:00 AM »
I seriously recommend the long wet reflux method for anyone doing the rP/I2 synth for meth. The learning curve is shorter, the risk of failure lower, and the yield of high quality product is better than with the dryer, quicker methods.

Placebo's method works, and makes good meth. The LWR does the same, Without the learning curve. Some of us have the opinion that the LWR has better yields and better dope, but then all of us have an opinion....  :)

biotechdude

Hypo, PhosA, RP
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2004, 02:41:00 AM »
@Place

It needs clarification that all these aforementioned reactions reduce pseudo to meth through the activity of HI. 

That is Hypo, Phos Acid and RP ALL react with I2 to produce HI.  The difference is in the rate at which they produce and REGENERATE the HI (to complete the reaction). 

As a rule of thumb -

Hypo + I2 = 3hrs
Phos Acid + I2 = 5-10hrs
RP + I2 = 5-24hrs (depends on if ran 'hot and dry' or LWR)

Always use the one you can get with the highest purity.  That is, dont use cheapy hypo (for faster cook times) when some primo lg RP is available...

place

Still it confuse SWIM that you say 5 hours in...
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2004, 02:59:00 AM »
Still it confuse SWIM that you say 5 hours in a "hot and dry" (Placebo synth.). It seems like in Placebo's synth., the reaction take 2-3 hours?

biotechdude

Nitty Picky
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2004, 04:32:00 AM »
Ok ok  :o , the times wasn't the main point of my post....

Yes, a hot and dry RP/I rxn could be done in an hour, or 2-3 like Placebo, or longer, or shorter...

The time it takes depends on the reaction parameters and ratio of ingredients used. 

My main point is that hypo, phos, and RP are essentially the same reaction; in that they all act in the P-based generation and recycling of a HI-mediated reduction of pseudo.