Author Topic: 2C-B Clean-up ideas  (Read 2315 times)

k0dog

2C-B Clean-up ideas
« on: February 18, 2004, 10:17:00 PM »
To the serious Bees around,

Does anyone know of a good clean up for 2C-B?  I mean there was been some talk of ethyl ether but that is more dangerous than normal clean-ups.  I was thinking that 2 solvent clean up would be possible.  I am think that it could be dissolved in ethanol then place in a non-polar with a higher BP (such as Xylene).  Then the ethanol can be boiled off.

Any thoughts or should I look to another clean up.  I would of course do a re-crystalization after this because nice crystal are nice..lol.. anyways please let me know what you think..

GC_MS

Ether is OK though. Just swirl your HBr ...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 11:20:00 PM »
Ether is OK though.

Just swirl your HBr crystals through some boiling ether for 15 min, filter and dry the crystals. Make HCl salt and your product should be fine enough for a OK experience.

psyx7

EtOAc
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 06:11:00 AM »
EtOAc works brilliantly

cilliersb

Good ol Acid Base Extraction.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 02:44:00 AM »
Swim has cleaned up my 2C-b with acid base extraction on more than one occation.

Sure solvent volumes had to be quite high due to low solubility of the hcl in water, but I laways end up with beautiful white powder. Jast A/B and gas in toluene.

Works great.

Rhodium

other acids
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 08:35:00 AM »
Then don't use hydrochloric acid in the acid/base extraction, but rather hydrobromic or maybe acetic acid. The aqueous solubility of 2C-B·HCl cannot be more than a fraction of one percent.