The Hive > Tryptamine Chemistry

Psilocybin Production

<< < (4/10) > >>

adroit_synth:
Why not colonise the growth medium at 30 C (86 F) and fruit at a low temperature, such as 25 C (78 F) for maximum psilocybin?
--- End quote ---

and to what evidence do you stake your claims?

Mr_Bronson:
I have have read somewhere that lowering the temperature during fruiting increases alkaloid concentration. It does increase crop size. I thought it was on shroomery but cannot find it now. I got the conditions from this excerpt from Paul Stamet's book:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_cultivation9.shtml

adroit_synth:
I was not clear in that last post. I have read that before as well, and agree. I was just making the comment toward those exact temperatures.

My buddy would like to clarify something as well. His main source of magic alkaloids will be from 1q PDY broth jars colonized with mycelium and then extracted. He wold like this to be noted so that further posts in this thread do not speak of maximizing the fruit yeild or getting to fruit faster, or even alkaloid content of the fruit for he has seen much info on this and feels it is fairly well documented. He does not however feel that alkaloid production within the mycelium itself is well documented and misinformation is widespread. For instance, on the shroomery the other day a poor fellow claimed that mycelia produce no active alkaloids! Maybe his didn't but there is alot of others that beg to differ on the valididty of his statement. He would like more info pertaining strictly to the mycelium at this point for it is a more effecient method and he hopes to optimise it. He also hopes to learn more about it and move onto the hydroponic method to achieve alleged agressive colonization.

So let him know all there is to know about the mycelium bees!

adroit_synth:
Gleened from Psylocybin Production by Adam Gottlieb with additions by me in green
Harvesting and Drying
     The medium of each jar is filtered through a clean funnel cloth. These jars are 1 quart size with PDY broth as medium. The mycelial material is removed from the cloth, placed in a Pyrex baking dish and allowed to dry in the oven at a temperature no greater than 200F. An oven thermometer should be used b/c the temp on the knb may not be accurate. The mycelium should be checked preiodically. When it first appears to be dried, the heat is turned off and it is allowed to cool in the oven. Each jar should yield 50-100g of wet mycelium which is about 90% water, for a dry yield of 5-10g of crumbly material.
Extraction
      The dried mycelial material is crumbled and pulverised, nd each 100mg of this is combined in a flask with 10ml of absolute methanol. The flask is placed in a hot water bath for four hours. The liquids are collected and saved. The slurry (the mush in the filter paper) is heated two more times in methanol as before. The liquids of the three extractions are combined.
     To be certain that all of the alkaloids have been exracted, a small extraction of a portion of the used slury is tested with Kelle's Reagent (glacial acetic acid, ferrous chloride, and concentrated sulfuric acid). If there is a violet indication, alkaloids are still present and more extractoin is in order.
     In an open beaker the liquids are evaporated to total dryness with a hot water bath or applying a hair dryer. All traces of methanol must be removed. The remaining residue is should contain 25-50% psilocybin/psilocin mixtue.
     Greater purification can be ahieved, but it would require other solvents and chromotagraphic equipment and is hardly necessary. Each 100g of dried mycelium should yield about 2g of extracted material. This should contain at least 500mg of a psilocybin/psilocin mixture or about fifty 10mg doses. Now tell me it is not worth it to cultivate mycelium for the magic!

sYnThOmAtIc:
I really hope your young. You need to buy "the mushroom cultivator" book. It will help you a lot. It will explain colonization and fruting temps and how they initialize "pinning" otherwise knows properly as primordia. It covers the entire aspect of growing mushrooms in DEPTH, even on a commercial scale. Incubation should also always be done in undisturbed darkness. I am sorry you are just finding the shroomery recently. However, it is not a very good source of info.. It does contain some useful info in general, but I would not attempt any of their teks and expect much success. Any tek or substrate you see that is by ryche hawk is a good one. I really reccomend the 50/50+ casing and the ryche hawk substrates. You realy need a professional mycology book. "The preservation of living fungi" is another good book you shuld buy. It covers how to keep cultures sterile, or make dirty cultures sterile. It also covers storing and preserving culture stocks. Stamets book doesn't cover preservation in depth like this book, but gives you enough info to effectively store cultures for short periods of time.

Good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version