The Hive > Chemicals & Equipment

Supercritical CO2 extraction

<< < (2/3) > >>

dumbjanitor:
there's a million questions concerning this
1. how are you going to control the gas the you will expell out of the reaction vessle????
The co2 will turn into a gas immedietly
2. how will contain the oil after expelling it
3. are you an experienced welder?
You are making a self contained bomb, better be sure it won't explode
4. What kind of filling station are you going to have to fill your vessle up?
Not knocking or anything, if you know how to do this i would be extremly interested to learn.

aniracetam:
holy necroposting, batman..

Halogen:

--- Quote from: aniracetam on March 17, 2017, 04:03:43 AM ---holy necroposting, batman..

--- End quote ---

daaamn :D

hamsterbob:
I want a mr extractor!

aniracetam:
I assembled that extractor for >$700, not incl. the rolling island. it is an open loop system.
it is primarily Swagelok parts, 1/4" NPT. the sample cylinder is 1L, rated for 1800psi, but can easily handle 3000. the hoses are rated for 3000. needle valves are rated for 6000. The collection vessel is 316 sanitary stainless with a 150psi pressure relief valve. the silicone heating mat is rated for 750W. operating parameters for a typical run have been 1450-1600 psi @ 55C, temp monitored by thermocouple.

some notes about SC-CO2: it is primarily effective on nonpolar compounds, with m.w. up to 400. polar entrainers such as ethanol may be used to increase the effectiveness of pulling more polar compounds. It is advantageous to soxhlet for pulling nonpolar to somewhat polar compounds, as run times are typically 1-3 hrs, and it can extract thermolabile compounds to good effect. SC-CO2 has similar polarity to hexanes. all material should be dry as possible, as residual water freezes in the needle valves when they are opened, causing backpressure. this is caused by the joule-thompson effect.

I have used it to extract a variety of oils and extracts from star jasmine, lavender, pecans, 75 dried ghost peppers, cinnamon, cocoa, blueberries, vanilla, strawberries, apricots, guava, dill, lemon peel, mint, honeydew, coconut, banana, honeysuckle, and peach.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version