The Hive > Stimulants

Curbshot Nano Redeux...

<< < (3/5) > >>

mickyfinn:
SWIM took the goods from the new straight to e and daydreamed that approximately 1.5-2G psuedo - 1G MBRP (good quality) - approximately 2-3G i2 crystals and 2ml DH20 were combined in a 125ml pyrex rb flask (using Osmiums recommendation of 1ml Dh20 per 1G psuedo.) Added the items in the order recommended as well, shook the mix, attached standard balloon and then over that was taped a non-lubricated condom in case of leak or rupture. SWIM dreams he put it in crock pot sand bath for a few(going with 3 as a few)hours. If it should be a bit longer SWIM would love to know...

(no hillbilly trailers were filled with fireworks, smoke or harmed in any way as the result of this dream. This has been a public service announcement on behalf of hillbilly trailers everywhere...stop the madness!)  ;)

geezmeister:
Leave it alone and let it go all day, 24 hours, 36 if you can stand it. At 1:1 with water and pseudo, my suggestion tends toward 36 hours.

mickyfinn:
Leave it alone and let it go all day, 24 hours, 36 if you can stand it. At 1:1 with water and pseudo, my suggestion tends toward 36 hours.
--- End quote ---

hmmm, maybe SWIM doesn't love knowing that after all. ;) JK! Thanks man!

SWIM's thingking it's got that unmistakable semi-sweet something smell down next to the flask...somehow the ballon did not get sealed well enough and has been seeping gas in very small quantities periodically. There it goes again...that smell...

<wander away from the keyboard...30 minutes later>

SWIM just realized this scent was referred to as "Rosebud" over 15 years ago in Northern California...it was noted for a particularly abrubt harsh sting when snorted, distinctive aroma and legs for days. SWIM hasn't had that pleasure in as many years...

<opps, wandered again...15 minutes later>

Well, SWIM pulled it off the sand since he failed to properly address the taping of the baloon this time and the aroma was getting a bit pungent for his liking and the plan was for three. It made most of about 8 hours it appears.

Tonight he wants to fire off two separate nano's with one each rp/i and H3PO3. The next rp/i will go to completion of 36 hours...the h3 probably 24 or so...still figuring.

Now, however it is time to kerplunk...

and once again kudos/thanks to VE for providing such absolutely reliable transportation to dreamland...always charging out at 105 C...

walter:
SWIM has found that even with the double balloon layer that the HI smell is still prevalent on the surface of the balloon. You're better off building a ghetto condensor from a fluoro light bulb (plans are in the SE and it's actually really simple), or even better get yourself the real deal. With a cooled condensor you can really just establish a proper reflux and leave it do its thing for however many hours you want without stressing about smells, balloons breaking etc.

With balloons SWIM also found that, especially with smaller flasks that were closer to the hot plate, the balloon didn't condense the excess gas properly and a lot of it stayed up in the balloon (although that probably could have been solved by cooking at a lower temperature).

LoW_JacK:
jetson used to use a soda bottle(washed out well)  and a cap from a dish detergent bottle.

--- End quote ---

I wonder if Jetson ever left his post-rxn lower layer in said soda bottle for say....a few days?

If so, I wonder what would happen to the integrity of said
soda bottle?

Has jetson ever had a 2 liter soda sep melt on him?

Swim has and would advise against using soda recepticals for sep funnels, unless! (big unless) one plans on using it for yanking out the goods and then transferring it into some other, more stable container.
Losing your 3rd and 4th pull due to laziness and ignorance isnt a fun experience. Especially when it's in the 1/2 to 3/4 oz range.

Buy a sep, skip the soda.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version