The Hive > Stimulants

Curbshot Nano Redeux...

<< < (4/5) > >>

geezmeister:
Ghetto sep funnel: three liter soda bottle with a quarter turn twist cap from a small Gatorade bottle (now available in two tone blue on Propel bottles). You can use this size bottle without a vent as it collapses sufficiently that no air is drawn back in through the cap when pouring out fluid.

The bottles stand up well enough to common solvents, but NaOH makes them brittle, and if you have the based reaction fluid in one, use it this time, and throw it away. You can buy generic soda in these bottles for as little as 89 cents in my area; the Gatorade costs more than that. I keep three or four around, even though I have a glass sep funnel. I have the hang of using them and the size is convenient for the way I tend to work. Never store based reaction fluid in a soda bottle, unless you just want to make a big mess.

mickyfinn:
*BUMP*

Jetson:
"I wonder if Jetson ever left his post-rxn lower layer in said soda bottle for say....a few days? "

well wonder no longer my friend.  believe it or not yes jetson has let it set for days.  and he means days.  with no problems with structural integrity of the bottle what so ever.  just the bottles in his area maybe?  perhaps.  perhaps he's just crazy and none of that really happened at all anyway...  who knows?  he sure doesn't anymore...

Scottydog:
These bottles work great! Swim has dreamed of leaving them (with caustic post rxn fluid) for up to two weeks.

The only problem is that eventually the plastic threads will corrode and become stripped. The cap will no longer bee air tight and will leak if turned upside down.

But if one chooses to use a turkey baster with a piece of plastic tubing for an extension and syphons his/her NP to canning jars for titration steps, after a couple of weeks most if not all of the theoretical gear should have fully migrated within this time frame anyway.

mickyfinn:
That twist top from the Gatorade, of course! That is going to work nicely till the real thing...then medicine drop fine tuning removal of any overage.

Well, SWIM sucking pond water. Probably should have listened to geezer (ya think? To be fair though it was a smell issue with the baloon at that locale) but nooooooooooo. See the problem SWIM faces is that SWIM not sure what a rabbit looks like till SWIM sees the rabbit.

CASE IN POINT:

SWIM looks at rxn vessel and surmises that rxn has taken place based on SWIM best guess. So assuming for now that there was psuedo properly transformed SWIM decides to ker plunk and creates new nomencalture "ker-flunk, or how SWIM learned to suck pond water"

SWIM may have added a bit too much lye too quickly as almost immidiately (within 10 minutes) there was a rather white layer on the bottom half. There was also a very clearly identifiable mirror layer. Directly on the surface of the mirror there where bubbles surfacing, straining, bursting but not "like all get out". Shortly thereafter, there is a white substance that resembled honey wadding together directly on the surface of the mirror...eventually as SWIM was wondering at his new friend and adding little bits of lye and H202 his friend just withered away down below.

SWIM is freaking thinking he blew it, as now the surface is fading and pretty much nearly returnded to the original state it started - yellow. SWIM didn't have the ph tester and continued anyway hoping for the best.

There was no best to be found upon titrating...so SWIM went for the cabbage and now has a bottle for testing purposes. SWIM finds that both layers are about 8-9 today...is it possible to continue this dream?

In order to dream again SWIM's gotta run for supplies immediately since SWIM FUBAR'd the unFUBARable.

So be sure to join us next time sports fans when SWIM shows us how to FUBAR chewing bubble gum and walking

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version