Author Topic: Morphine to Di-acetyl Morphine via Acetyl Chloride  (Read 2114 times)

hellman

Morphine to Di-acetyl Morphine via Acetyl Chloride
« on: October 31, 2003, 02:04:00 AM »
there is a lot of vague talk about acetyl chloride being used in relacement of AA,

Is this True,?
If so, what determental affects might this have on yield and purity,l and method,.

cheers
hm

hellman

Thanx for the response, You know there is, as...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 02:15:00 AM »
Thanx for the response,

You know there is, as far as I can find, fuck all on the internet regarding the homebake proceedure,.

I mean sure i bet you can just dump some Morphine Sulfate into a spoon, add 3X the amount of AA, or AC, heat for 3 hours, boil off the AA, then enjoy
but the info is so fucking sparse,
And addmittidly This is some what frustrating,
God,
Are there not any chemists, willing to come forward, and share some knowledge, about this transformation,.

Maybee it doesn't work,.
I don;t want to have the experiment, fuk it up, post it here, then finally some bee, will realize that sharing is good, and will give up the goods,.

This is for chemistry, not me,

Even if the answer for this post eventually comes out, it might take a milion more years for them then to tell us, can the AA be added straight to the sulfate, or do you have to basify it,

God, for a place that apparently has so many upper echelon chemists, who haven't got pract, experience, i would of thought that a chemistry degree, would have taught enough to answer mundane questions like this,.

If it's a case of that nobody knows, then let get it solved,.
If it's a case of this info is too hot to give,
Well then, maybee i should just leave,.

That all translate to:

Let's see if someone can help?.

sorry, i don't want to be offending,.
>:(

Rhodium

The conspiracy against Hellman
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 10:36:00 AM »
Even if the answer for this post eventually comes out, it might take a milion more years for them then to tell us, can the AA be added straight to the sulfate, or do you have to basify it

It will work, unless the sulfate salt is insoluble in the reaction solution. But without any recrystallization or A/B purification of the product, I doubt that it is pure enough for human consumption.

If it's a case of this info is too hot to give, Well then, maybee i should just leave.

Aren't you a little bit paranoid now?