Author Topic: DMT from MHRB in 2 hrs  (Read 10694 times)

akata

DMT from MHRB in 2 hrs
« on: May 07, 2001, 06:22:00 PM »
Smokable DMT from Mimosa Hostillis in 1-2 hrs

Most of the extraction procedures the elves had come up with
from their searches involved lengthy procedures of up to 32 days.Now I don't know about you but to me that seems like an awful long wait for what is essentially a very short hit. What follows is a quick run down of how to be blasted into the sky an hour or two after procurement of the magic bark:

Materials:

25g MHRB
Hydrochloric acid
Lye
Methanol
Solvent(Naptha,Toulene,Xylene etc)
Filter papers
A few glass jars
Sep funnel

Okay, basically you grind your bark in a blender - it'll end up as mostly a fine pink dust and a fibrous material, the pink dust is where the goodies are at, but the elves chucked the whole shebang in a glass jar and filled with methanol, which instantly turned burgendy. This
was allowed to settle and decanted into a funnel with doubled up filter papers and repeated several times until the colour had faded to almost clear again. The combined extracts were evaporated down to a very crystalline dark purple/black substance, scraped off and set aside.

About 100-150ml of distilled water is put in a jar and a capful of hydrochloric acid is added.The extract is then also added and stirred vigorously for a few minutes. This is to 'salt out' the dmt and make it water soluble. Next 100ml of solvent is added, the less smelly the better 'cause you've gotta evap that baby down at the end. The next step is to slowly add a lye solution to the jar with stirring,wait a few minutes and then repeat. The bottom layer will turn gradually blacker and thicker with the lye additions and the solvent layer will turn yellow. Now the elves round my way have no pH papers so they just kept going until they were pretty sure they had freebased the goodies. A lttle water may be needed as the bottom layer gets thick as hell and I'm pretty sure it makes the freebase struggle up to the solvent. Make sure you add the lye slowly and sparingly, giving any freebase enough time to get to the top before the pH gets destructive (not sure if this is an issue but better safe than sorry)

Pour jar contents into sep funnel and seperate (and Keep!) the bottom layer. Rinse with distilled water at least three times or until the water is clean. Add another 100ml of solvent to the saved bottom layer and let sit overnight
Pour solvent into pyrex pan and very slowly evap the solvent off. You should be left with a golden tar, leave to dry,sit somewhere comfortable smoke the residue by the  method of your choice - the elves preferred method of
ingestion is straight on the  foil and gentle heat. You get between 4-6 hitsout of 25g. Extra purification by recrystallisation is an avenue the elves have yet to expolore, maybe a rinse in DH2O - something the dmt freebase isn't soluble in preferably :P

Go back to your saved jar and see if any more base has migrated when convenient.

Lilienthal

Re: DMT from MHRB in 2 hrs
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2001, 08:50:00 PM »
Don't forget to shake your water / solvent mixture  :)

akata

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2001, 09:00:00 PM »
Of course Lili, please excuse the omission of the 'shake'

If that is your only critique then i am one chuffed bee!
Prolly nothing new there but couldn't find anything as quick
yielding on the web, although I admit i didn't look that hard

:P  :P

Buster_Hymen

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2001, 06:54:00 PM »
Cool stuff, ay? Yeah, an A/B on MHRB used to give me mind-blowing orange wax every time. And you're right; you really don't need pH paper. You can tell when you've basified enough because the extract turns from burgandy red to clumpy-looking black. Also, good idea to water-wash the solvent as you describe. I found this out the hard way after smoking lye-laden wax the first time I did it, which was very harsh on the lungs.  ;)

Signatures are for weenies. I don't believe in them.

foxy2

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2001, 03:44:00 AM »
Here is a well written FAQ for this extraction

http://spiritplants.yack.org/articles/DMT.htm

and another copy is here

http://cirrus.spaceports.com/~datalink/dmt.htm

Do Your Part To Win The War

akata

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2001, 08:38:00 AM »
Yeah, I saw them but it was the 39 day procedure that in in my opinion sucked. It may yield a slightly cleaner product, but a'n't worth the extrat 38 days attention needed.

Akata - pronounced A-Car-Tar...NOT A-Kay-ta

bioboy

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2001, 12:00:00 AM »
4-6 hits out of 25g?!... hm doesnt sound too pure to me. if you have a bit more patience you can get white crystals easily following the instructions in the above link. There is no need to spend 39 days, that is only for people who are not in a hurry...2 or 3 days is all you need  :)

KrayZeeDiamond

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2001, 02:23:00 AM »
how can something "sit overnight" and yet bee made in 2 hrs?

lifeisbutadream

akata

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2001, 03:29:00 PM »

how can something "sit overnight" and yet bee made in 2 hrs?

Sorry, badly worded - the initial pull will be ready in a couple of hours, but it'd best leave the the jar over night for a second pull of  golden goodies.

4-6 hits out of 25g?!... hm doesnt sound too pure to me.

I didn't mention purity, the end product is a little crude, but when you're fucking around with such a small amount, you don't want too much going dowm the drain with wastage etc - all I'm saying is that the end product is smokable, not too harsh and very very pleasant.

baalchemist

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2001, 10:02:00 AM »
4-6 hits is about 200-300mg's(w/50mg doses), from 25g MHRB is what I think he meant.

Godisnowhere.

TranceMe

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2001, 03:02:00 PM »
What about substituing (SP?) mimosa for phalaris (or any other suitable plant)? just "same procedure, different plant?

Chemically enhanced.

akata

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2001, 08:44:00 PM »

What about substituing (SP?) mimosa for phalaris (or any other suitable plant)? just "same procedure, different plant?

Not too sure, the chlorophyll might be the bitch.

Ghost_Of_BT

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2001, 05:59:00 PM »
This is probably a dumb question but is the HCl form smokable and if so, how does it compare in potency? It seems like it would be better because it's water soluable.

Lilienthal

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2001, 06:31:00 PM »
Not smokable.

foxy2

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2001, 08:45:00 PM »
You shure lili??
5meo hcl sure seemed active when my cat smoked it, he got a little crazy ;) .  The straight up dmt hcl seems like it should vaporize even better than 5meo but then again maybee not.

TranceMe

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2001, 07:12:00 PM »

Referring to:

Trance Me:
What about substituing (SP?) mimosa for phalaris (or any other suitable
plant)? just "same procedure, different plant?

akata:
Not too sure, the chlorophyll might be the bitch.

Could Mr Lilienthal or any other enlightened bee, clarify this chlorophyll thing?

Chemically enhanced.

akata

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2001, 11:21:00 PM »

Could Mr Lilienthal or any other enlightened bee, clarify this chlorophyll thing?

Yes ,the chlorophyll is the green stuff in plants and is (as far as my limited understanding goes) the wall around the individual cells  = it is the reason why cows have two stomachs, it's a bitch  to break dpwn even for stomach acid, and inside the cell is............... :P

A MeOH pull wouldn't release the goodies on green plant matter satisfactorily

Lilienthal

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2001, 11:26:00 PM »
::)

foxy2

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2001, 01:11:00 AM »
"A MeOH pull wouldn't release the goodies on green plant matter satisfactorily"

WRONG, TOTALLY WRONG!!!!!!!

MeOH wil release too much stuff
You will get DMT and a shit load of chlorophyll!!!!!
ie.  thick black/green goop that sucks

For these I think an acid/base extraction is necessary.
Go to DMT world and ask there, this is getting old.
As lili so eloquently put it in his last post
::)

TranceMe

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2001, 03:40:00 PM »
Oh great! Thanx for almost nothing.

Chemically enhanced.