Site > News

PMK-glycidate the pre-precursor that brought back MDMA

(1/3) > >>

CHEMICALCOWBOY36:
Idk ok article i think this guy is a lil behind us bees we have known   about this for a while now but i like the picture i wish they had more from that lab   8) ::)

http://detect-kit.com/pmk-glycidate-the-pre-precursor-that-brought-back-mdma/

brainchild:
someone found a source that is not located in china rather in europe? So i dont waste time searching for one. ;)

NotGuilty:
There's an ebook called 'Pills Of God' on Amazon about one of the guys involved in the discovery of this process, it happened much earlier than 2012 though.

He was a Dutch cook and flew to Shanghai to a factory where they had dozens of tons of PMK they couldn't sell because it had been recently banned. He put 2mil upfront he borrowed off the author of the book and had the factories entire stock converted into this new precursor and shipped a bit to Australia and the rest to Europe. The author of the book was an Australian cook the Dutch guy met when they were both in jail in the US a decade or so earlier.

Unfortunately the dutch cook had a bad stroke and became basically a vegetable, and the Australian guy got busted running the largest MDMA lab my country had ever seen (He pulled off a single reaction yielding more than 500kg of MDMA) and got 25 years hard time in maximum security. You can write to him in prison and he responds, his name is Steven Spaliviero.

Interesting bit of history.

Moriarty:
Rhodium posted a paper about piperonal to MDA  by creating PMK-Glycidate and making PMK (MDP-2-P) from it about a dozen years ago.  The paper was from 1947 ;).  So the "discovery" of this method predates us all.  Barium was the first to post it's use to make PMK from it.  I do believe he was Dutch.  I have run the reaction to produce PMK-Glycidate.  I had methyl 2-bromopropionate at my disposal, so I produced methyl PMK-Glycidate as opposed to the "ethyl PMK-Glycidate" as they mention in the article.  The reaction is called Darzens Condensaion and several examples of it are to be found in Vogel's 5th in case anyone wants to read some about it.

Moriarty

Lipbalm:

--- Quote from: Moriarty on December 27, 2015, 03:52:56 PM ---The paper was from 1947 ;). 

--- End quote ---

A lot of the best stuff is from the early 20th century. I mean whether you know it or not that is really the chemistry that we are all doing (if not earlier). And there has been so many papers over the last century that I guarantee you there are some real gems buried in academia that no one ever noticed. If you ever read about science and physics history you will know that some of the great discoveries were not even great discoveries but just great digging up of papers decades old that no one gave any notice to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version