Author Topic: NaBH4 is just amazing.  (Read 19351 times)

OcoteaCymbarum

Thanks for the input
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2004, 04:47:00 PM »
Thanks cublium, I think I will give your method a try, since it seems to work no problem.
What has always stopped me was the fact that I really wondered about the gas escaping off the Methanol.
Im sure its straigth foward, thanks again!

r2e3

yes
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2004, 08:56:00 PM »
quality experience vs quantity experience (or maybe a concise recount) good shit all the same

cub - you euro? - so tempted to buy the MeNH but been a bit chicken - so cheap too...

Chimitant

Remember
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2004, 09:17:00 PM »
Cooling is important when doing this type of reaction. It will give higher yields compared to reactions done at room temperature. I think this can be ascribed to a decrease in formation of 3,4-MD-propan-2-ol at lower temperatures.

Yields mentioned by Cub are confirmed by other bees...

cublium

cub - you euro? - so tempted to buy the MeNH...
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2004, 09:35:00 PM »
cub - you euro? - so tempted to buy the MeNH but been a bit chicken - so cheap too...

Yes i'm euro and at the moment being charged for MDMA manufacture.MeNH2 is cheap but will sure draw some attention.Cub has used homemade methylamine in NaBH4 reduction too and with same yields as with bought MeNH2.My advice: don't try to buy methylamine
NaBH4 is at least as suspicious as MeNH2 so be careful.

r2e3

thanks
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2004, 12:16:00 AM »
for the advice - i have all NaBH4 i need to sort myself out but guess will have to resort to yea ol ammonium choride/ formaldehyde or hexamine/HCl synth for MeNH2

sounds like you have this whole process down to a T - if there was a drooling emoticon it would be here  :P

armageddon

my full sympathy to cub..
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2004, 01:54:00 AM »
Cub: You got busted for MDMA manufacture? Did you buy MeAm40% and NaBH4 from an official chemical trader (maybe even both from the same one?) Anyway, I really feel with you - hope you won't get too much trouble though. (tell'em your several mole scaleups were all intended for your personal home use - and get a GOOD lawyer! Really, being addictive is a good excuse... ::) )

To r2e3: Already have a look at

Post 488683

(Organikum: "For the vindication of Eleusis - Methylamine", Methods Discourse)
Easy MeAm at home...  ;)

(always be prepared for having answers at hand when you're asked about why you came into posession of this and/or that - and I mean fictional, unsuspicious but nevertheless REASONABLE answers.. And if you can't come up with good excuses - store the suspicious compound elsewhere, not in your lab!! And when asked about its whereabout, tell'em you flushed it down the toilet because of health concerns...)

Greetz A

cublium

Methylamine(salt) and borohydride were bought...
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2004, 09:46:00 AM »
Methylamine(salt) and borohydride were bought by someone cub knows with a false ID.They were both bougth from one company though :o

r2e3

pretense
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2004, 02:14:00 AM »

DoctorFeelgood

cublium you are my nightmare for today !
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2004, 12:49:00 AM »
cublium you are my nightmare for today ! i'm living in europe too, sure not very far from you. did they arrest you just for buying a precursor, or did the find some mdma too? buying things like meam salt/gas/solution in europe is very very hot and this was a big mistake. hopefully the laws in your country are less strict than in mine. more than 10g mdma is called a "big amount" here, a guarantee for a couple of months in jail. >= 100g is called a "super big amount" here, which would result in a very long holliday in jail.
i hope that other bees will recognize, that our game is very very hot and illegal. if this would have happened to me in my country, i would not be in freedom anymore (do they have internet in jail???). i think i should clean my house and buy a big bottle of diazepam tomorrow - shit this is also illegal...
best wishes cublium, let my know how much they gave you for your joke.

psytech

NaBH4 is just amazing
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2004, 03:24:00 AM »
Swim is currently working up a Nabh4 p2p, swim is out of DCM, the only none polar he has is toluene, can he use it as a subsitute?

r2e3

yes
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »
not quite as a powerful solvent as DCM but should get the job done. check rhodium solvent miscibilty chart. It'll give you a good idea of the polarity of each solvent. DCM is 3.1 and toluene 2.8 off the top of my head

armageddon

..d'oh!
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2004, 09:05:00 PM »
So, your buddy "SWIM" is making meth at the moment???? Are you crazy, or why do you post about it in this thread? Just after Cub told us about his bitter fate? (in case you didn't know: it's illegal, in all countries of the world..) :(

Anyway: for extracting insoluble, oily substances from aequous salt solutions - why do you think you couldn't use any other non-polar? Their only differences are different polarity/different solubility in water/different density (i.e. top-puller like toluene or bottom-puller like DCM).
Need I say UTFSE?

EDIT Just realized that r2e3 already replied while I was typing...This post is therefore meant as a reply to the one preceeding r2e3's  :) /EDIT

A

r2e3

hehe
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2004, 10:18:00 PM »

r2e3

apologies
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2004, 09:21:00 PM »
for a couple meaningless posts. cublium has provided good advice. distracted,sidelined call it what you want.

this post may be insignificant but i have made my penance

cublium

did they arrest you just for buying a ...
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2004, 09:52:00 PM »
did they arrest you just for buying a precursor, or did the find some mdma too?
It was bit more complicated but yes they got bit less than 1 kg of high purity MDMA.HCl,not from cub but from some people who rat on him and you know the rest.Some prison time is more than likely to come but may also go totally on probation,they did let cub out before the court with no bail and that is a good sign.Oh well,can't give much details,let's see what happens in court and then may discuss longer on that subject.

r2e3

damned rats
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2004, 08:15:00 PM »
hope it goes well...
always weak links in the chain that save their own butts

as far as i'm concerned - making your own is doing the general population a favour, be nice if all the law makers recognise that.

Clean MDMA is hard come by but it certainly isn't going to do unexpected things and generally cause nasty side effects.

i wish the numb nuts at the top would look at drinking vs MDMA related deaths per year stats.

i read this article where they say if all 'drugs' were reclassified, alcohol would be class A along with smack and crack. Go figure...

Ban alcohol hahahaha - yeah right. :P

OcoteaCymbarum

Should the methanol be stirred?
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2004, 11:00:00 PM »
I've been reading about MeAm gas generation. I saw a post by sunlight where he mentionned that stirring is better when gassing methanol with MeAm.
Is that the case? I was under the impression it would make it fly off more easily.

Second question: has anyone ever tried the NaBh4 reductions as per LAbtop on Rhodium's site using Ammonium acetate???
What are the yields like? I'm sure they cant be as good as for MDMA. And what about water formed in that reaction? Should the solution be dried with silica??