Author Topic: OTC MDMA is now easy and cheap!!  (Read 27816 times)

Bwiti

Re: OTC MDMA is now easy and cheap!!
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2001, 04:16:00 PM »
"The only types of starting fluid I can find around here have significant amounts of impurites, like heptane and ether-soluble lubricants."

Here's what works for me: Spray into a pipe and dribble the impure ether into a flask. Distill this into a jar that's in ice. Wash the ether with distilled H2O. Bake the H2O out of some epsom salts in the oven and use this to dry the ether. Sure, the ether will probably still have some hydrocarbons left in it, but beggars can't be choosers.
  Would sulfur convert the bromine to HBr? Peace! :P

I'm going to help all of you cleanse this diseased planet.

Agent_Smith

« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2001, 09:52:00 PM »
Check out the text on rhodiums site about HI.. it has some info on making HX with sulfur...  I remember looking at it, but if memory serves, it was for producing the aqeuous acid...?

blah blah blah something clever blah blah blah

Agent_Smith

« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2001, 12:14:00 AM »
What the hell?  Someone's rippin' off my shizatt:

http://www.voy.com/12987/464.html

What is that place?  A Hive for squinty-eyed bees?

AMINATOR

« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2001, 05:13:00 AM »
your famous!!!!has anyone tried the reaction with a surfactant? Agent smith?....squinty eyed beez ha ha!! ;D

halfapint

« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2001, 05:36:00 AM »
More about the amination a la IudeXK, pleez. Bromosaf in a jar full of methanolic ammonia and forget it for a while. More action, the public demands. Let's have a glued PVC pipe bomb wrapped in a wad of duct tape and nuke it in the µwave.

turning science fact into <<science fiction>>

AMINATOR

« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2001, 07:23:00 AM »
Now your talkin'!!... why didn't I think of that?? how about one of those scew in cap ends. Or how about a home made reflux apparatus adapted inside a microwave? made of acrylic plastic tubes and epoxy. I cant wait!! me thinks the war is most definatley over!!! this is getting easier and easier.

Agent_Smith

« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2001, 03:46:00 PM »
PVC isn't a good idea.  It release some nasty ass shit when heated.  I'm not sure if the temperatures in the nuker would be high enough to cause problems, but heating plastic pipe under pressure doesn't sound kosher.  I'd use steel.

The amination ala Iudekx can be found on Rhodium's site, mmda.txt, under the heading "OTC MMDA from Parsely Oil" or something like that.

I don't understand why everyone here has so much trouble with microwave apparati.  If you're gonna do some nuking in your dreams, make a reflux apparatus for your microwave.  Despite popular belief, you don't need to cut holes in your nuker.  Try this instead:

Locate the wave source in your microwave.  Usually, the wave source is a 12" diameter disk seen in the top of the cooking chamber (in here is a big metal propeller than spins and help distribute waves).  Now, there should be some room on either side of the disk (if not, you can use an area underneath it.  Take a peice of metal with no holes larger than a few millimeters, and use to to block off a section of your microwave.  The wave source should not be located inside this new chmaber, the shield must be between the walls of the nuker and the wave source.  Now, grab a bukcet of ice, and stick it in the new chamber.  For your reaction "Flask" get some microwave safe container, and rig it with some hose coming out of the top, and returning to the bottom.  Place the flask in the main microwave chamber, with the hose running into your shielded chamber and through your bowl of ice.  Voila, instant reflux condensor. 

Alternatively, you can go here

http://www.randf.com/matc.html

and buy some nuker shieding instead of the metal shield.  Both will block microwaves, but for the skeptics...

The ice will melt eventually, but the shielding will be sufficient to prevent that for long periods of time.  Nothing says you can't pop open the microwave and put more ice in though, and a good supply of ice should last a while.  Fiberglass insulation can be added to further buffer you ice chamber fomr the nasty nuker.

AMINATOR

« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2001, 04:51:00 PM »
here's another thought get a piece of duct sheeting and cut a hole in it and turn your microwave on it's back. open the door and somehow defeat the safety mechanizm then mount your metal sheet over the opening. now you don't have to cut a hole in the top. I've just decided that refluxing with ammonia will loose all your ammonia I think...sounds to much like the preparation of liquid ammonia page on Rhodium's site. maybe you could use dry ice acetone through the condesor but what a pain in the ass!!! methylamine hcl should be fine wonderwhat hexamine does in the microwave???

Gen_Washington

« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2001, 02:29:00 AM »
Agents_Smith, great post!

~Your ~50 ml of Br2, how much HBr gas did it produce, or how long did it produce gas?

~In SOMM5, the Univ of Alabama (??) had a tank of HBr gas and/or somehow used 70% HBR acid, "a quite uncommon reagent"

How long did they gas for, and what were their yields?

Agent_Smith

« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2001, 04:32:00 AM »
50mls of Br2 will gas for a looooong time. The amount of time can be changed by the amount of naphthalene and more importantly the amount of catalyst.

I hadn't looked into that Alabama ref.  Whenever I read things about people with HBr cylinders, I get jealous and angry and break things...

I've been getting a few PMs about people with tar problems.  The tar is because while the HBr brominates the safrole, it also fucks some of it up (I think the MD bridge is cleaved or something).  In my experience, tar is exponentially less of a problem if the sassafras is in chloroform...

amalgum

« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2001, 09:07:00 PM »
Dude, I have been writing synths like this for about a year now.
Exceot mine were using NaI or KI (liberated from salt licks)
with sulfuric acid to produce HI, wich is bubbled slowly through a DCM/safrole solution. 
The solution is then washed a few times with dilute NaOH, and the DCM stripped.
The resulting iodosaf can be aminated in the way yo suggest.

Oh yeah, and ammonium sulfate can be made from those dilute household ammonical solutions, and then reacted with NaOH the free NH33 gas.
That is so OTC that I'll smack myself.

TheCuriousOne

« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2001, 10:00:00 PM »
Hello! Im new here! (can't ya tell?):)
This thread is really quite interesting...
Im curious - would subbing myrsiticin for safrole in this process yield MMDA?  If not, why wouldnt it?
Thanks for listening - I never knew chemistry could be so fascinating.

TCO

Rhodium

« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2001, 10:57:00 PM »

terbium

« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2001, 04:14:00 AM »

Dude, I have been writing synths like this for about a year now.
Exceot mine were using NaI or KI (liberated from salt licks)
with sulfuric acid to produce HI,

I am guessing that you have never actually tried this.

TheCuriousOne

« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2001, 07:14:00 AM »
Thanks for the link, Rhodium!  So much to learn...So subbing elemicin would yield TMA with this process, then?
If the proper reactions were followed using myristicin, but mythalamine or elemicin was used in the amination step, what compound would be the result?  Its going to be a bit before I can answer that one myself:)

TCO

Agent_Smith

« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2001, 08:08:00 AM »
amalgum, those synths you've been writing will not work, sorry

such things have been posted all over the hive

amalgum

« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2001, 05:44:00 AM »
Why not?  The whole thing is to creat HX gas, and introduce it to the safrole.  If this is done, why wont the halogenated product work?

Agent_Smith

« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2001, 06:59:00 AM »
you putz, do u think I wrote this long synth for HX gas for my health?  You can't use H2SO4 to make HX, the H2SO4 will oxidize any HX to X2.  ALso, you won't get much, if any NaI or KI from a salt lick.  Finally, DCM is a shitty solvent for the gassing, only DMF and CHCl3 have referrences showing that they inhibit cleavage. 

So, yeah, basically, evenything you've been writing is wrong.

improv_chem

« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2001, 09:14:00 PM »
The Source for 10.5% Iodine does indeed produce Iodine in this way but like you pointed out Acid and H2O2 are needed to convert the solution of NaI back to elemental Iodine.  The amounts don't have to be exact, as two shot glasses one of HCl and the other of 3% H2O2 will convert several grams of Iodine. 
I realized after i posted that I hadn't really read over Agent_Smith's method very well and didn't see the obvious benifits over the phosphorous method to make HI. 
Sorry about the delay since my last posting, I've been the wilderness searching for botanical sources of certain substances!
I should be around more now that i'm back in civilization once again. ;)
-improv :)

Let's play with nature a little, I'm sure we can make her a little higher....

Gen_Washington

« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2001, 04:31:00 AM »
#1  Ratios of NH4SO3 (?) to make NH3 w/ lye:  are the amounts based on some scientific equation, or actually fertilizer since Mr Clean points out, and looks like to me, the fertilzer is about 15% sulfate?

#2  THE GOO:  Might bee form heat, look at Festers book.

#3  Speaking of:  Saw book other night, sez use ice bath, not even stirplate heat alllowed, and used 200ml glacial acetic/200 ml sassy oil (undistilled, I presume).  What do various experts (and sexperts) think around here?:  given little resources/time, better of with choloroform, DMF, or glacial acetic?  ({Please rate in order, send check/money order, phone, zip, SS#, checking acct#, & all PIN #'s too)NOW)