The Hive > Tryptamine Chemistry

Yoda's instructions wrong ?

<< < (3/3)

Dick_Fitzbetter:
About a year ago I did that Yoda extraction on an oz. of Mimosa Hostilis rootbark from BPC. It worked out pretty good, yeilding an orange, oily, wax-like product that was highly fucking active. I didn't do the defatting step at all. Just a straight a/b extraction using DCM. The only surprise (to me) was that it took between 24 to 48 hours for the DCM to fully settle out of the basified solution. I'm thinking maybe you didn't didn't wait long enough, because for me, at first that DCM layer was so muddy-looking you really couldn't see any dividing line between it and the aqueous, and I thought I had this terrible cluster-fuck of an emulsion that would never separate. But after 24 hours or so the DCM layer began to resolve and turn clear. At 48 hours it was completely clear, with only a slight yellow tint.

I'll never forget that plastic, burnt-rubbery smell. DMT is a serious mind bender. At the height of one trip I came pretty close to losing all concept of humanity, which scared the shit out of me. Thank god the trip is short. I might try it again sometime, but not real soon.  ;)

ô¿ô

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version