The Hive > Methods Discourse

DMF Wacker --> Problem

<< < (3/3)

scram:
I did this too 2 weeks ago w/12 hours running time. Aminated to nothing, smelled just the same comming out as it did going in.

DiethylEtherMan:
Scram: Yes, that rings bells....ketone had that safrole smell for sure....until I re-distilled and got a small fraction of supposed ketone...then that tone still animated like shit...I did get some yields...but like 50% (not molar)...

Hey, LT....can you help us out on this one man?

peace.

DEM

This sucks. --> Yours truly.

If some of us were not so far ahead, the rest of you would not be so far behind!

LaBTop:
NOBODY seems to have any READING capabilities here.
QUOTE:
4) At this point I cannot say how much pressure dropped in total becuase of the fact that half way through I found a small leak. But I was checking it every 20 min and the pressure seemed to drop dramitically every time, until the end. Within one hour the flask was certainly warm...and within 2 hours was hot. Here's where I may created a problem...at the 220min mark...I fell asleep...stupid me...and when I awoke 7 hours later...all the pressure was gone from the flask. Could this have been a problem?

YES, that was your problem, this reaction, specially the pressurised part of it runs for FUCKIN THREE hours, NO longer, and not 10.
You created a bunch of gunk. LT/

WISDOMwillWIN

DiethylEtherMan:
Well, finally....thanx for the tip, it will surely help...and thanx for the fuckin name too asshole.

peace.

DEM

Yea...I'm a fucking pig...who tried this last year...and hey, last year I used to end all my posts with a quotes like I do now just so you all could remember me. --> DEAman

If some of us were not so far ahead, the rest of you would not be so far behind!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version