The Hive > Methods Discourse

o2 is the shit

(1/36) > >>

frost:
fellow bees,
swinf would like to encourare the benzo loving bees to give the o2 wacker another look, swinf has had a few good o2 runs in the past but some that sucked and contained alot of iso. swinf with help finally has it down ands not looking back.
got a 40lb welding o2 cylinder with a 150psi self adjusting regulator = 170
used a 4ltr heavy walled filter flask this is awesome for adding the o2 with the clamp on hose
prestirred pdcl2 in denatured for 8 hours with a 3in eggbar
added cucl let stir for 1 hour, added olefin, put on rubber stopper strapped it down with plastic pullties, the strong kind, while friend put all his weight on the stopper then wrapped it up thouroughly with hose wrapping tape. 
added o2 up to 50 psi set the regulater, ran at room temp for 9-10 hours with high speed stirring.
the pressure dropped 12 times over this time frame the flask got very warm so obviously the exothermic reaction was doing its groove thing.
recommended ratios 1g pdcl2 to 5g of cucl to 100g olefin to 200ml of solvent. this one was scaled up, keep these ratios the same with the scale up.
ends up looking blackish with strong ketone smell,with no more pdcl2 being reabsorbed into the solution. hit with dh2o/hcl in sep, red ketone falls to the bottom, then wash water level with dcm to get what u missed, buchner through celite add to dcm/ketone, buchner again, looks greenish red now, strong ketone taste if ur brave enough to sample, when distilling little fore run then it comes over at pretty much the same temp, clear with a green tint,
very high yielding reaction, aminated some and boom u know what it did.
additionally,
using 2x solvent to safrole really helps to oxidise it much better with the hardstirring,was using too much before. no h2o was added.
thank you bees that have helped swinf work the bugs out of this. f-man, semetex, etc
frost over and out

PVnRT_NC8:
??//

A010

FarQ:
He wants to know what I want to know?
That is, what did you learn from him?

Stonium is a bitch, and yes, I love her.

scram:
See man, told you this 02 tank shit is the bomb. For all of you cheap bee's flying with broken wings, you need to break down and put out the measly $70 for a 22cu ft 02 tank and $40 for a new regulator at Home Depot. All OTC, no names, no prescriptions needed for refills.
Frost,
How much actual ketone did you get from this reaction, how much actually aminated? I want to know because I have no glassware and have to guess/assume at my yields before the al/hg. Right now, got 250ml oil running in a reaction. Will let you know results soon.

KrZ:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version