Author Topic: extrapolations on the evolution of drugs  (Read 6875 times)

PrimoPyro

Re: extrapolations on the evolution of drugs
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2002, 05:41:00 AM »
No, it is not.

His musing on quantum mechanics however, implied such "influence" by thought, as a direct relationship to molecular size. Hence my statement.

PrimoPyro

Vivent Longtemps La Ruche!

Greensnake

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2002, 09:32:00 PM »
Foxy already gave a nice info. More refs can be found on Medline

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?CMD=search&DB=PubMed

using keyword bromantane.

Synthesis - just as Foxy said, Leuckart-Wallach between 2-adamantanone and para bromoaniline.

zibarium

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2002, 10:27:00 PM »
his musings do indeed suggest an ever-growing "side-affect" of the newtonian implications of the thought process itself...

as it is in all nano-technology.

meaning, brace yourself, bees...for the incoming influence of the spirit...

which may have an influence at the micro-gram level of matter.

aw, fuck...beeing too polite...

it is the main influence...

at this, and all other levels thus encountered by the human mind, as a subsidiary of chemistry.com; and its pre-cursor...biology.com.

cellular biology hints at this.

changing fuzzy chems at a moment's notice...to aid in the biological imperatives of the original double helix and its code of effects.

it will eventually trickle up.

the most we have accomplished, arrogance aside, is a lame version of the drugs our brain is capable of producing at a moment's notice.

most of our drugs are , at present, merely inducers, or blockers of that which we have always had in our inventory or arsenal.

let's cut to the chase. :o

yellium

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2002, 12:20:00 AM »
All buzzwords and bollocks.

To get something similar like a good LSD-trip requires an awful lot of meditation, and most likely also a bit of a particular brain chemistry/genetics to make things a bit easier.

The point is that acid, and all other `invented' things make things possible for those *not* willing, or able to invest years in training/meditation. You could even see it as the easy way out. But it also (inherently) means that its effects will be much more difficult to `catch' after your trip.

zibarium

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2002, 04:38:00 AM »
one of the lessons of lsd is that it remained (remains) very inexpensive.
mostly because of its difficulty of synth; combined with the relatively non-capatalist mindset of its dedicated producers.

the same cannot bee said for phenylethlamines.

in as much as (i feel) future buzzes, by their very definition, will need to bee buzzes affordable by all, this points to the tiny dose; the tricky synth, and the dedicated chemist.

good chance i'm off on a tangent...

butt;

how come mdma never quite got "free" like acid?

even street vendors in the bay area would sell a real dose for $1...
and someone was able to re-coup their expenses.

expensive drugs will not turn around the ugliness we want to escape from...
and cheap drugs will be a revolution.

imagine...drugs too cheap to meter!

a buzz less toxic and more rewarding than alcohol, and a positive alternative to the financialy challanged , would bee escapist.

mdma sucks. and getting suckier all the time.
the negative effects of paying for a real dose outweigh the positive effects, in a short long run.
that was nice, but i have to go back to work now, selling anything to anyone for the most i can get...if i ever want to feel empathy again. :P

foxy2

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2002, 06:15:00 AM »
"a buzz less toxic and more rewarding than alcohol, and a positive alternative to the financialy challanged , would bee escapist."

Drugs are tools, they are not an end in themselves!!!
Don't forget that, I know its easy to.

Bee Safe
Foxy

Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

Rhodium

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2002, 07:12:00 AM »
There is a real cost involved even for a single dose of MDMA, the same cannot be said for LSD - and in addition there is a less empathic/altruistic climate today than in the sixties. If someone were to walk around and give away free MDMA today, the recievers would sell it instead of just taking it and give everybody a group hug, sadly enough.

I miss the sixties even if I never were there. If I could spend a few months in any past time in any place - it would be in the bay area during the summer of love...

foxy2

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2002, 10:25:00 AM »
During my undergraduate days, within my group of friends it felt like the 60's.  The music and all. 
I liked it!  Sure miss those days :(
Problem is you only get one chance at innocence.
It was fun while it lasted.

"There is a real cost involved even for a single dose of MDMA, the same cannot be said for LSD"

Well there may not bee measurable "receptor" changes or whatever but there is definately a cost with LSD.  You'll never bee quite the same after that first LSD experience.  I think it has the potential to cause greater mental changes than MDMA.  That is a cost. 

The change illicited by MDMA can bee looked at both ways also.  How can you prove its a negative?  Maybee frying a few neurons will have a benefit.  Who knows?  It all depends on the criteria.

Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

Rhodium

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2002, 10:44:00 AM »
Oh, I was referring to a monetary cost.

foxy2

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2002, 02:43:00 PM »
Ooops
Thinking too deeply over here  :-[

Guess money is rather insignificant to me and not really an issue.

zibarium

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2002, 03:30:00 PM »
rhodium nailed my point...mdma can't bee free...mostly because its worth too much...and the size of a dose...hence, it is unable to break through the structure of the very system that causes us to want such a state.

which is possibly the 'pre-capatalist state'....or, rather, the 'post-capatalist state'

in this sense, the feduciary implications of a drug's useage are part of its effects.

btw, cleaner has moved an update of this thread to general discourse, with a cool link. ;)