Author Topic: Cooking Tips -- From 0 to Success  (Read 2417 times)

Martian_A

Cooking Tips -- From 0 to Success
« on: June 27, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »
Notes all over the place, Sorry :)

SWIM had done nothing more than a half oz cookup. Newbie at the start of the year, still not an expert. Although the things one learns with 500ml of Hydriodic Acid in his possession allowing to do over 100g of gear, is phenomenal.
SWIM didnt do anything big until the last cookup, pure fear in me knowing it was the last bit of HI I was ever going to see again + it was free ;) ... Here are some TIPS SWIM is going to share, so many screw ups, and so many dissapointments, the final cookup being the best result ive come to.

- CLEAN THE RP :: I can NOT stress this enough, RP is a KILLER. Without clean RP, expect iodoephedrine, not meth.
- Ephedrine, so many people say cleaning it to a close purity is needed.. Bullshit, simply raise the heat, you can cook gear with wax in it, it will simply leave a hard wax layer ontop of the cooked gear needing you to poke it when you add the water and filter the RP.
- Colemans Fuel users, NOT all the gear will be pulled into the non polar solvent, place the flask into a bucket of "WARM" water, NOT BOILING HOT! something tells me evaporation will play a bad part in you losing quite a bit of gear. :::: Toluene is great for pulling it, can be found in most hardware stores. Does not have to be 100%, but try to go for no less than 95% : It will grab Everything! even the junk! Purification will fix this, so do not fear, otherwise, enjoy your marzipan smellin gear ;)
- As mentioned, Toluene does a great job, pity i only attempted this on the last cookup.
- OK :: Cook Time, Yields, Quality :: What ive learnt so far and please people, contradict me or say im wrong if indeed SWIM is, This is what swim has worked out:
Yield : Is calculated by how much ephedrine there is and how long you leave it cooking for. A simple 1.7 (red hots 30x60) can be cooked for approx 1.5-2 hours and will reach close to a maximum yield with highest quality meth.
Quality : Is caculated simply by how well you clean the RP +- how long you cook the gear for (Ontop of all, how much Gas is produced (get ratios right).
Cook Time : Depends on how much gear you have : 1g anywhere from 1 - 2 hours.

Ratio's Used: 1g Sudo - 0.3-0.5 RP - 3.3mL HI

Cooking Temperature: No Idea, Min on a stove, Sandbath *with LITTLE oil* : Gear cooking, looked like was simple simmering. If using a balloon as a plug and to create gravity, try to keep the size of the balloon to a minimum. More Heat, Bigger Balloon gets.

Always do extractions especially with the dh20 & solvents at room temperature.

====
If there are any more thoughts SWIM has forgotten, he will edit his post later on.. Until then, Im hoping to be proven wrong, if SWIMS wording is wrong, apologies! SWIM has barely any chemistry knowledge whatsoever, SWIM has also relised it does not come down to knowledge, but common sense & logic.

Martian_A
====

geezmeister

Do yourself a favor
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 04:22:00 PM »
Learn to do a long wet reflux. The cook you describe is too short to allow full reduction. You never mention the amount of water you use in the reaction, you do not discuss your startup, and you recommend high temperatures to overcome gakks without acknowledging temperature's role in making tweaker dope. We do not recommend reacting dirty feedstock, let alone at high temperatures from the start, unless, of course, you want to make things other than methamphetamine.

You are new here. I suggest you do a good deal more reading of the material available here about this reaction, in particular the material in the Stim Forum FAQ. I suspect the knowledge base is here is a good deal broader than you think.