Author Topic: Should there bee more??  (Read 1604 times)

lilbumper

Should there bee more??
« on: February 13, 2004, 04:46:00 PM »
Ok, after tons of searching and reading and searching...I am finally going to post a question here.  Please be gentle  ::) .

I'm not kidding, I've been lurking around here for over a year.  I've done a couple of very, very small NANOs.  So, finally got the nerve up to go a little bigger (not much, but still).  Anyway, on to my  question.

SWIM was going to try the P/P.  Got everything together.  Cleaned and cleaned the E, mbrp, and i2.  Turned out had way too much E for the amount of rp, so batch was going to be smaller than hoped for.  Started out with 6e/7i/3.5rp.  Everything went as expected.  Reaction looked like what SWIM had read about...smoke and all.  pH looked good...everything.
End product smoked clean with no residue...VERY effective (Swim's been up almost 24hrs  ;) ).  Problem is, only came out with 1g go-go. Seems like there should've been more...right?

If so, what was done wrong?  Everything was saved...is it possible to 'push' more out?

Don't get me wrong--this bee is EXZTREMELY estatic that there WAS and end product.  She was just hoping for a little more.. ;)

wareami

Yes theres more....
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 06:41:00 PM »
This is a good chance that the goodz are locked UP....
Several reasons for this, but briefly:
•There could be Gaaks present that are locking up the goodz.
•The pH may not be High enough to allow the amine migration UP(pH 13+)
•The post-rxn solution may not be dilute enough

If the problem is gaak related, then waiting it out works...24hour+
Or another way is to use dual NP, kerplunking, salting out!

If the problem is pH related, Base more until migration into the NP is seen.

If the problem is over-concenteration than add more dh2o to the post-rxn solution and ribbons will be seen moving into the NP.

foxy2

Probably an incomplete post reaction ...
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 09:44:00 PM »
Probably an incomplete post reaction extraction.  You should bee able to get 3g easy, assumeing your feed was clean clean.  I hope you didn't discard anything yet!