Author Topic: MDP2P storage in solvent  (Read 2006 times)

Earendel

MDP2P storage in solvent
« on: October 11, 2003, 02:32:00 PM »
Dear bees, I need your advice!
I've distilled my ketone after MM wacker, but my condenser suddenly cracked  :(
I don't know what to do???
May I storage my notdistilled ketone for 2-3 days in freezer or it will decompose???
Pliase help, it's real sad for me!!!

pickler

Your undistilled ketone will be fine in the...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 07:45:00 PM »
Your undistilled ketone will be fine in the freezer for a few days.. Seal up the container though. Swim has stored  undistilled ketone from mm wacker for up to two weeks with no problems.

NeoSynthesis

short storage of K = no prob
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2003, 09:08:00 PM »
I concur w/Pickler, just seal the container, making it airtight. You should be fine for at least 2 weeks, maybe longer.

good luck & peace

Earendel

tanx
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2003, 09:55:00 PM »
Thanx.
You are calmed me down.

Thanx one more   :)

fogged

Stable ketone...?
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2003, 04:13:00 PM »
SWIM left a beaker with a bit of post-H2SO4 hydrolyzed ketone (or at least he hoped it was 'tone!!) from a peracetic in a beaker wraped in al foil for 2 months, no freezer, but the room was kinda coldish - temp wouldnt have gone above 15C in that time.  Everything was in the beaker - no purification at all.  Just neutralized the H2SO4 w/ NaOH soltn., wrapped in foil and left it.  Came back and for the hell of it did a bisulfite - big lump of chicken fatty stuff came out.  He did an IR on it, and despite all the crap there was defnately a ketone peak.  so maybe ketone's not all that unstable... I mean, if it had been summer, probably a different story, but at least winter's good for something  ;D  (and to think he thought the peracetic failed! course, it could have been some other fucked up thing, but who knows)