Site > Rules

RULES

<< < (4/5) > >>

SubliminallyOveranalyzed:
I'll admit, I'm probably guilty of doing that from time to time..... but at the same time, I completely agree that it would be beneficial to enforce the uselessness of thread splitting.......

i suppose a little discretion in my numerous years of brain cell slaughtering would have allowed me to help in this endeavor a little more than i am able, or at least not be a conscious contributor to the problem(while advocating to implement policies against it no less!! now that's irony!!)

but simultaneously, i'm scratching my fucking head to try and arrive at even a remotely effective way to approach some (seemingly) futile enforcement such as that (but i honestly do agree with the need for elimination of useless things such as thread splitting)

I also do not believe anyone that does it, (myself included) is consciously and/or intentionally doing so ( i know for a fact that i do not do it intentionally).... but i also realize that intentional or not, does not change the fact that the only purpose it serves is confusion, disarray, and disorganization

And by that same token, mindfullness to one's actions before hand is not an unreasonable expectation, BUT there are degrees of that same reason, when you break it down to expecting people to be SO mindful of their actions before hand, that you begin to approach the complete elimination of spontaneity in the universal transaction of cause, effect, and causality....

Me weighing in on this more than likely only served to unnecessarily complicate the matter, and for that I do apologize, but such was not my intentions in the least, I assure you. I only seek to assist in coming to an effective resolution sooner, actually, but it seems my doing so actually only contributed to the confusing of the matter, so upon that realization, i'll gracefully bow my over-analytic ass out of this esteemed discussion!   :-X

poisoninthestain:
Just one example...

hxxps://www.thevespiary.org/talk/index.php?topic=13659.0
hxxps://www.thevespiary.org/talk/index.php?topic=13659.0

..these both could either

a) be merged with the original thread on the subject
b) be sent to vacuos

SubliminallyOveranalyzed:
suggestion---- possibly incorporate an additional function button above, next to or among the regular quote button, but it will be an  .............."off topic" quote button.......   swim has seen this technique employed at other, non- related boards, and they seem to progress just fine with such things...... just a thought

Tsathoggua:
Not a bad idea having an off topic quote thing for smaller snippets that are never the less relevant and important, such as say, that time someone could have done with safety info on mercury in another thread. Where like bluelight's 'NSFW' tag it collapses the contents unless clicked on, by a reader, so if they are wanted there they are displayed, if not so then they are not.

embezzler:
Reminder: keep posts timeless! Don't post and work it is really poor behavior.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version