The Hive > Novel Discourse

Nitrostyrenes to oximes with sodium dithionite

<< < (6/6)

arseholio:

--- Quote from: b6baddawg on July 24, 2016, 03:49:48 PM ---im really not sure how to explain but how about using sodium sulfite? p2p not the oxime tho

--- End quote ---

Why in the earth one would  want to get rid of the nitrogen which has been placed there in the first hand?

arseholio:

--- Quote from: lullu on July 24, 2016, 04:59:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: Hanswurst on July 24, 2016, 09:55:08 AM ---Does not work, extremely low yield.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for reporting Hans!
can you go a bit into detail I assume you reduced some nitropropene to the alleged oxime followed by Mg reduction?
Did you isolate it in between?

--- End quote ---

Is this just parroting Vitus Verdegast's opinion? AB2 did trials - he noticed color change. So there must be some reaction. What is it? Yellowish flakes were formed at some point. I reckon these could be the nitronate. So is there anyone who could do some trials with pictures?

Zippy:

--- Quote from: arseholio on July 24, 2016, 05:25:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: b6baddawg on July 24, 2016, 03:49:48 PM ---im really not sure how to explain but how about using sodium sulfite? p2p not the oxime tho

--- End quote ---

Why in the earth one would  want to get rid of the nitrogen which has been placed there in the first hand?

--- End quote ---

It would be the goal if you wanted to make MDMA & not MDA.

Hanswurst:
Did it twice, cold and hot and both yields were lower than 10 percent, I did distill and reduce with Na afterwards.
Barium seems to be a dipshit.

arseholio:
I think the end product could be some kind of adduct or Na-salt. It should be tried again and afterwards hydrolyzed perhaps with HCl. It's clear there is a reaction. But without any HPLC or GC-MS verification, this is just guesstimating. Is there anyone willing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version