Author Topic: Spun L Q?  (Read 1571 times)

Vibrating_Lights

Spun L Q?
« on: September 09, 2002, 05:51:00 AM »
This is copied from the DET entry in PHIKAL with obvious substitutions.  Don't flame me too bad.
(fromErgine  ) To a solution of 1.6 g Ergine  base in 20 mL isopropanol, there was added 5.5 mL diisopropylethylamine and 2.3 mL ethyl bromide. After stirring at room temperature for 36 h the volatiles were removed under vacuum on the rotary evaporator and the light brown residue (5.17 g) was treated with 5 mL of acetic anhydride and heated in the steam bath for 5 min. After coming to room temperature, 3.5 mL ammonium hydroxide was added, and the exothermic reaction was allowed to return to room temperature. The reaction mixture was suspended in 150 mL 0.5 N H2SO4, and washed with 3x40 mL CH2Cl2. The pooled washes were again extracted with 150 mL 0.5 N H2SO4 and the aqueous phases again washed with CH2Cl2. The aqueous phases were combined, made basic with 6 N NaOH, and then extracted with 3x40 mL CH2Cl2. The pooled extracts were stripped of solvent under vacuum, and the residue (1.49 g of a dark oil with a sharp smell) was distilled at the KugelRohr. The product, Lsyergig N,N-diethylAmide, distilled xxxxxxxxxxx°C at 0.05 mm/Hg to yield a white oil weighing 1.02 g, which spontaneously crystallized. This product was dissolved in 20 mL boiling hexane,

Does any oner think this could work .  Mabyee even a NaCnBH4 with ther ethyl equivalent  of formaldehyde.
///????????
VL_

So much game I could sell a hooker some pussy
Vl_

Rhodium

Most definitely not. First, ergine is an amide, ...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2002, 05:56:00 AM »
Most definitely not. First, ergine is an amide, not an amine, and will not allow alkylations like that. I told you that in this forum just a week ago. Second, the lysergic molecule is very fragile, and won't be able to stand all the abuse you suggested you wanted to do to it.

Vibrating_Lights

Rhodium
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2002, 06:55:00 AM »
Thanks for putting up with me.
Vl_

So much game I could sell a hooker some pussy
Vl_