Author Topic: Preliminary DON writeup  (Read 9546 times)

Prometheuz

Further DON bioassays and more
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2003, 10:39:00 AM »
The last couple of weeks, a good handful of experienced, wellinformed people have tasted the compound at different levels. It seems like 4,5 mg is about as high as most people like to go. In the area 4-4,5 mg, everyone have had a satisfying and fulfilling psychedelic experience.
I tasted 4,5 mg myself this weekend. It comes on much faster than DOB; a definate ~+1,5 after an hour. I would say the peak is about 3,5 hours after ingestion (when ingested in solution). I think the level of stimulation will prevent us from taking much higher doses than 4,5 mg. Not that it felt uncomfortable or dangerous at all, but a slight hypertension was noticed. Mentally, the trip is quite easy to manage. No real confusion, and if you feel like it, you can bring yourself "back to reality" without much effort.
The visuals are not really that impressive. As expected, much more like 2C-B or mescaline than acid. Beautiful and fun, but not overwhelming. The mind is racing in entertaining directions, and the experience is quite humorous to most test-pilots.
No adverse effects have been noticed the day after the trip. During the trip, some people get a slight bit of nausea, but the it seems like it is rarer (and less uncomfortable) on this compound than on 2C-B.
BTW, the yield from the 2,3 g of DMA was about 1,5 g. We don't know for sure yet, since only half of it has been purified.

Rhodium

DON Duration
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2003, 03:20:00 PM »
What's the approximate duration of the material at that level?

Prometheuz

Duration
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2003, 03:30:00 PM »
Well... Sorry for being unscientific again... But this weekend we ended up terminating the trip prematurely with diazepam, to get some sleep before a busy saturday. We downed ourselves after about 7 hours, but there were still quite some effects left. Dreaming was spectacularly lucid and weird!
The other people who tried it at this level, had almost reached baseline at 10 hours. At least sleeping doesn't seem to be a problem after 10 hours.
However, it does induce some severe resistance towards psychedelics. 2 weeks ago, after the first test (with 2,75 mg), I tried 22,5 mg 2C-B the day after. I would have had more effects from drinking a large mug of coffee. Nothing at all!

yellium

Hint: then you better be careful with mdma/mda
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2003, 07:37:00 PM »
Hint: then you better be careful with mdma/mda the day after. There is a reasonable chance that you suddenly notice that this mdma is _very_ trippy.

Prometheuz

MDMA the day after psychedelics
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2003, 10:43:00 AM »
Yellium> Thank you for sharing, at the upcoming festivals that might very well have been done, without us expecting the effects of the MDxx to be altered in any way.
Is it empirical knowledge, or do you have a pharmacological explanation? Will the MDxx be potentiated/have altered effects in a good/nice/exciting way? Are there any physiological dangers in doing this?
Thank you in advance.

yellium

I've done some mdma on the tail end of a 2ct7...
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2003, 08:01:00 PM »
I've done some mdma on the tail end of a 2ct7 trip and was tripping my balls off an hour later. Ditto when I took some 5htp half a week after doing 2C-D.  So, I guess that if you want to be safe, don't take anything which ups serotonin levels.

(I don't recommend taking mdma after psychedelics, simply because you don't know where you might end up. You have absolutely no idea how strong your trip is going to be, and what will happen.)

Rhodium

Odd DON study, with bold electrochemical claims
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2004, 11:23:00 PM »
Electrochemical Study of the Hallucinogen (±)-1-(2,5-Dimethoxy-4-nitrophenyl)-2-aminopropane
Pablo Richter, Alfonso Morales and J. Sebastián Gómez-Jeria, Demián Morales-Lagos

The Analyst, 113, 859-863 (1988)

(https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/pdf/don.electrostudy.pdf)

Abstract
An electrochemical study of the hallucinogen (±)-1-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-nitrophenyl)-2-aminopropane, which differs from similar compounds in that a hydrophilic nitro group replaces hydrophobic substituents on the 4-position of the benzene ring, was carried out using a solvent - buffer system containing pyridine - formic acid and tetramethylammonium chloride solution. Polarographically and voltammetrically the drug behaves as other, structurally related aromatic nitro derivatives, the nitro group being reduced to the hydroxylamine in a single, well defined irreversible, diffusion-controlled and pH-dependent wave. The E1/2 versus pH and versus pH relationships were examined and cyclic voltammograms were recorded at different pH values and at different scan rates in order to elucidate the reduction mechanism and to identify relatively unstable intermediate species. The results of this study suggest that a significant relationship can be established between the electrochemical behaviour of any compound and its molecular - electronic structure, and between molecular structure and pharmaceutical or biological activity, as confirmed recently by quantitative structure - activity relationship studies.

7is

DON study with human trials
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2004, 06:07:00 PM »
A quantum-chemical and experimental study of the hallucinogen (±)-1-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-nitrophenyl)-2-aminopropane (DON)
Juan Sebastián Gomez-Jeria, Bruce K. Cassels and Juan Carlos Saavedra-Aguilar
Eur. J. Med. Chem. 22 (1987) 433-437

Abstract
The electronic structure of 1-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-nitrophenyl)-2-aminopropane (DON) was calculated at the CNDO/2 level, and the racemic compound was synthesized and found to be hallucinogenic at doses of 4 mg. DON differs from its similarly active congeners in that a hydrophilic nitro group replaces lipophilic substituents at C-4 of the benzene ring. The implications for the mechanism of serotonin receptor binding of these drugs are discussed.