Author Topic: Riddle me this.....  (Read 6411 times)

placebo

To get an immediate definative answer, it...
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2004, 07:57:00 AM »
To get an immediate definative answer, it would also help if you stated relevant concentrations of chemicals as well as their amounts in metric.

Jacked

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2004, 05:16:00 PM »
All you are doing is unreduced gear. You need to detail out your whole process before anyone can pin point your problems... Your rushing the most important part of fixing your problem.. And that is in the way it is presented....

wareami

Listen UP
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2004, 05:31:00 PM »
Start over. Squash this batch and chalk it up to a learning experience! We all have them!
Jacked is absolutely right about unreduced.
If you can eat immediately after bioassay...you don't have meth in a percentage worth wasting your time with!
If you want...collect the remainder of the unreduced and re-react.

And as placebo says....be considerate and post metric equivalents for the international bees here when seeking help!
All things chemistry related are in metric and clandestine chemistry is no different.
Aztec posted a link to this excellent peace of software.
It should be mandatory for all chemhacks like me!

http://www.joshmadison.com/software/convert/

tina_craig

Ok
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2004, 02:18:00 AM »
That is the answer I was looking for, will begin work soon, this is getting easier though, first 3 steps are beginning to be cakewalk, steps 4 and 5 are coming though.  Will post again soon with new stuff.  Thx everyone for not ribbing me to badly and for all the good pointers.  Other than yield KOH does kick ass!!

Patience is the key.

geezmeister

60%
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2004, 04:29:00 AM »
I've had 60% yields from the method without much difficulty.  Accept that as a good yield with the current gakks, be happy about how clean the pseudo is, and enjoy good meth. Try much harder to up this yield and you will be gathering something besides pseudo. You might get a little more pseudo if you extract the water layer with the trash. Let it sit with some nonpolar over it for a day. This is more important if you are doing the hydrolysis with an alcohol soup of K and OH from KCl and NaOH. After you use this alcohol layer soup to do the hydrolysis, and pour off the alcohol layer to evap, leaving the nasty stuff in the beaker, just cover that with some xylene and let it sit.  Wash and titrate it the next day. Some of your yield will be there.

tina_craig

Yield
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2004, 04:30:00 PM »
Put in 2.88 and got back 1.5, happy with that though because it is the first clean I have seen. KOH came from drain cleaner smelling of bleach that was air evaporated for about a week to return crunchy white KOH crystals, sound right to you?  Heller bleach smell for a week though!!

geezmeister

Get some KOH
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2004, 04:58:00 PM »
Do get some KOH. It works much better than KOH you make, or KOH you have after evaporating drain cleaner. Like the difference between lye and NaOH, only more so.

I had some success making a workable alcohol solution with lots of K and OH's in it. I dissolved KCl and NaOH in a minimum amount of water-- not enough for all of it to dissolve completely-- heated that up and added a larger volume of ISO alcohol to it, then left it on heat with stirring for about thirty minutes. I added the alcohol layer to the pseudo/ISO/H2O solution from extracting the pill mass, brought this to a boil and refluxed it for thirty minutes, then separated the water layer out. I evapped off the alcohol, added water, and extracted with xylene. I also extracted the trashy water layer with xylene and picked up a lot of pseudo from it as well.

The process worked; it was cumbersome, and most of it was guess work. Far better to just obtain and use KOH. The pseudo obtained was very clean of polymers, however, and reacted very well.

tina_craig

Waiting...
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2004, 05:04:00 PM »
Waiting for KOH to arrive, tried the KCl and NaOH, 10g NaOH to 20g KCl for 100 pills in 200mL of ISO (91%) worked really well.  The evapped KOH from drain cleaner seemed to work better, however swim is new to this so who is swim to make a call like that.  Have 100g of potash on the way.