Author Topic: Telfast in Australia  (Read 7890 times)

NedKelly

Telfast in Australia
« on: September 29, 2003, 09:53:00 PM »
yes I've used the fucking search engine !

Do Telfast tablets in Australia have any hidden little ingredients one should know about ?
will palacebo's cure work on Telfast and other Aussie tablets like Sudafed 30 mgs and 120mg Sudafed day & nights ?

Chewbacca

Doubt it
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 12:47:00 AM »
They probably have ingredients that make such an old extract method not worthwhile...look for more recent extracts, and dont go naming brands!

placebo

Tell us what's in them, and maybe someone can...
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2003, 02:44:00 AM »
Tell us what's in them, and maybe someone can help. I have not used them, although despite what others think, I haven't seen pills yet that can't be extracted.

walter

Someone posted a link a while ago that had...
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2003, 07:09:00 PM »
Someone posted a link a while ago that had listings of all the inactives in Aussie medicines (including cold meds). I can't remember what the thread was called though, you might be able to find it if you search back a few pages.

beez_neez

telfast
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2003, 07:19:00 PM »
they contain Fexofenadine hcl. Don't think they are worth the trouble. Do some searching on the solubilities of the above active and compare with pseudo.

placebo

Fine, send them all to me, they're useless.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 04:56:00 AM »
Fine, send them all to me, they're useless.

halfkast

heh heh i bet placebo, swip'd destroy them!
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2003, 09:43:00 AM »
heh heh i bet placebo, swip'd destroy them! Probably years ago onwards swip could deal with anything that presented itself on his lap.

Does swip even try the new pill extraction procedures or does he just do it freestyle man?

The turps cure, with the addition of extra solvent soaks and boils is the path to mastery, right?  :)

beez_neez

I'm not saying
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2003, 03:34:00 PM »
that they are useless. There are other pills in this great land of ours that are easy to purchase and to extract without having to deal with the likes of fexofenadine hcl.

halfkast: Jump off the bandwaggon mate!

halfkast

I'm not on any bandwagon, solid-phase ...
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2003, 09:51:00 PM »
I'm not on any bandwagon, solid-phase extraction of gak is this most efficient and safest way to clean.

That anti-histamine is hard but I'm sure gees has talked about cleaning it before. Liquid-liquid extraction at the end might bee the way to go, but I can't find any information on the crystal appearance, and that would bee useful.

Probably choose an easier pill though, unless you find a one solvent solution that doesn't kill the yield.

placebo

The antihistamine is removed by A/B.
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2003, 03:06:00 AM »
The antihistamine is removed by A/B.

halfkast

Is that beecause this antihistamine requires...
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2003, 09:35:00 AM »
Is that beecause this antihistamine requires more base? (duh me)

kris_1108

It will wash off
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2003, 03:57:00 PM »
Hi guys,
sorry to bring up an old post, but heres a bit of helpful info.
The Telfast tabs are half white(antihistamine) and half yellowy-brown(this is the pseudo half).
If the pills are placed in a flour siv and rinsed and agitated in cold tap water, the white antihistamine section washes off looong before the pseudo does (THINK! Put the plug in the sink, they like to fly outta the siv sometimes!). Then the remaing pseudo part of the pills can then be dried, crushed, soaked in metho, evapped, dissolved in water, chilled and filtered for wax, and then evapped again to make nice pseudo hcl crystals. Swik has done and still does this without any problems.

biotechdude

That's handy; Swix thought pseudo in white half!!
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2003, 12:17:00 AM »
For smaller yield-critical batches; could you use a sharp razor blade to split the two sections apart?..

Then perform a decent cleaning method on the yellowy-brown halves.

Swix was given some of these from a friend who has had to disappear; and didn't tell Swix which half to use (doh!).  This info helps as Swix knew fexo would bee a bitch to separate from pseudo.  Swix was going to split and get the pseudo from the white halves; lucky he didn't try it!

Lastly, does the white (fexo) half rinse away before the brown (pseudo) half as it is more water soluble or because the fexo half has less binders etc than the pseudo half.  In other words; does it work because of the actual pseudo/fexo solubility differences OR the ammount/solubility of the different binders in each half (causing one to rinse away quicker).

kris_1108

white water
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2003, 01:17:00 AM »
Hi
Swik doesnt think you could use a blade to split the tabs; the fexo would just break of unevely in pieces. However once you rinse one under water you will see how easy the fexo comes off; you've gotta shake and jiggle the siv to wash them properly. Swik probably would wash 2 boxes max at a time.
Swikdoesnt exactly know why it is that the fexo comes off first, its soughta like chalk, it gets water logged and rinses away. The pseudo it tough as nuts and stays there for you, so you can cook him up.
Also hows this, Swik has extracted these before, like the procedure i mentioned, but without a water evap! It may sound bad and lousy but the pseudo seemed fine and cooked no worries.
One more thing, Swik once done a box of telfast, actefed, and a generic brand and the cloudy metho would not clear up through three coffee filters. Someone suggested several layers of clean unbleached TOILET PAPER as a filter, tried and true, the liquid came out clear as clear.
P.S Hope the pill-lab nerds arent readind this; give it six months and the tabs will be different  :(  Hope not ay.

biotechdude

Just Verifying
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2003, 03:36:00 AM »
..."Then the remaing pseudo part of the pills can then be dried, crushed, soaked in metho, evapped, dissolved in water, chilled and filtered for wax, and then evapped again to make nice pseudo hcl crystals. Swik has done and still does this without any problems..."

Swix is a ephedra-lover; and is a pill-newbee.  This will bee a once off pill adventure for Swix.  Just verifying...

1) Get brown halves from sieve, let dry, then crushed to crude powder
2) crude powder is dissolved in metho (dissolving pseudo, leaving trash insoluble). For how long??  Then metho is poured off insoluble trash and evaped to reveal crude pseudo hcl.
3) crude pseudo hcl dissolved in water, then chilled (in fridge - how long?) until wax appears and then wax is removed via filtration and WATER is then evaped to reveal clean pseudo hcl

Swix might then do a Geez Pseudo Precipitation Technique using methanol, xylene and microwave.  He will then put all the pseudo up the neighbourhood dogs' ass.

kris_1108

Easy as A Bee C
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2003, 12:37:00 PM »
Hi
Sorry, Swiks explanation was a bit sketchy.
* Wash off fexo
* Crush and soak in metho (1hr Swik supposes, he doesnt think its superimportant here)
*Filter till clear, then evap (If you are missing a bit, you can pour metho on you pill mass again and wait another hour, this will get a bit more pseudo out)
* Evap to make crystals (you can actually get away with no water evap! But if you want to "do it properly", then do the water pull.)
* Dissolve the crystals in dH20, heat if you want so they all disolve properly.
* Freeze (dunno how long, you dont want it solid though. You just want to make the wax go hard. Once again, not super critical)
*Filter while cold to remove wax
*Evap this water to make clean pseudo crystals!
Thats it!

suss

kris_1108 you rock!
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2003, 12:36:00 AM »
kris_1108,

You are a legend! What you are saying makes perfect sense! The sudo would obviously be in the less soluble brown matrix because these are 12/24 hour tablets and need to dissolve in the stomach slowly! SWIM tried to dissolve the tablets in water today, and as you said, the white part literally falls off long before the brown bit even begins to dissolve. thanks heaps!!!!

suss

Possible mistake
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2003, 12:51:00 AM »
Actually,

Are you sure the fexo is only in the white part? Swim just noticed that the brown part has 06/0120 stamped on it, which may mean 60mg fexo and 120mg sudo. He's not sure, but he thinks the writing was covered when the white part was intact, which kind of suggests that this is the ingredients for the brown part only. He doesn't have any intact tablets to verify this though. Can you clarify this for him?

kris_1108

Na its cool
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2003, 01:02:00 AM »
Hi suss,
Yep there is a stamp on there which sais 60/120 or something, Swik supposes that means the entire tab contains 60mg FEX and 120mg sudo. Its ok, the pseudo is strictly the brown half, taste the fexo if u want, if it was sudo you would be running to the fridge to get a drink to wash that godawful taste out hehe.
Ok have fun
seeya

suss

OK, but....
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2003, 05:32:00 AM »
kris....

swim totally agrees that the sudo is only in the brown part, but what he wants to know is whether the fexo is only in the white part? If the fexo is in the brown part also, we have a problem. Are you sure the fexo is only in the white part? Sorry to be such a bother, but swim is excited about this development and wants to be sure before he wastes a heap of money on telfast pills. It's cool cause they can be purchased with alot less suspicion than the other brands...

BTW, how have your meth yields been (quantity, purity, potency, etc), and how well did it react? Was the RP ok at the end, etc????

thanks heaps mate.

kris_1108

Yes Swik is sure...
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2003, 12:20:00 PM »
Hi suss
Yes Swik is sure that the brown is pseudo. If youre not sure, do one or two boxes first to check.
As for yields, well swim currently doesnt cook much but someone that he knows uses telfast sometimes, and will get about 70% return. hypo not rp is used so sorry cant answer that one.
ok seeya

LoRE

makesure you grind the brown part up to a fine
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2003, 02:13:00 AM »
makesure you grind the brown part up to a fine powder with a coffee grinder SWIL didnt do this once and the tabs do not dissolve in metho.straight to E works if you grind them up..also one of swils friends got 200 box's and used the white half threw out the rest oh well happens to us all once in a while......

spectralshift

KrS-one: Do you see of any problems with ...
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2003, 03:39:00 AM »
KrS-one: Do you see of any problems with trying to cut or grind off the individual pills? in your experience?

it's just that it might help yields on paper, in theory.

This info is great btw. thanks a lot.

biotechdude

pill-inflicted blade wounds
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2003, 06:53:00 PM »
Yes, cutting with a (clean) sharp razor blade or knife will work as well.....as the Santa that gave Swix his Tel's did it this way.  This would bee good for nano pill masses; however for the sake of arthritic fingers i would do a water/sieve wash on any decent ammount.

The unbleached toilet paper worked a treat; however - as with any filter use - carefully squeeze and rinse your filters with the solvent in use.  Otherwise yields will bee dissapointing.

spectralshift

This would bee good for nano pill masses;...
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2003, 02:40:00 AM »
This would bee good for nano pill masses;

Aren't they all nano in Oz?  ;D

Maybe a careful dip in tone to soften the one half after the glossy plastic has been scraped off would assist.

Anyway I'm sure it's something that could bee done in many different ways with practice.

Thanks bio.

NedKelly

no the ones I brought
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2003, 09:52:00 PM »
I brought 2 different types of telfast and they where both all pink tablets not 2 different color halfs , don't reply in public pm me dude

ned

spectralshift

>>don't reply in public pm me dude stop...
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2003, 01:41:00 AM »
>>don't reply in public pm me dude

stop trying to keep secrets for gangs and groups, some nano goats love a good hard pill to clean and a mystery gak to battle.

How many good brands do you think there are in Oz? The big blue easy brand contains agent orange.

It should never bee the case that our side withholds cleaning information, it's a defensive mechanism and fragments the information and knowledge.

So when there are cells and fragments of know-how, it's fine when there's 1 tough new gak because it's likely to find a another cell with the information...

Then when there are 2 and 3 nasties like orange, it gets real tough.