Site > News

Don't get distracted:The main thing about P2P meth is that there's so much of it

(1/7) > >>

RhinoJackson:
https://dynomight.net/p2p-meth/
Found this on hackernews today and thought it was worth posting.
Any thoughts or opinions on the article?
Similar to the atlantic article atara posted.

--- Quote ---Takeaways
What to make of all this?

First, I think it’s unlikely that l-meth is causing people to go crazy. Modern P2P meth is nearly pure d-meth, and the percentage of l-meth peaked before 2011, before these reports of schizophrenia.

Second, the evidence we have is against the idea of contaminants in P2P meth. Almost all meth was produced using P2P since 2012, before most reports of schizophrenia. And P2P meth synthesis has changed several times in the interim, resulting in higher purity than ever before.

Third, the major impact of P2P synthesis is that a lot more meth is available. We have many sources of evidence for this: Border seizures, sewage measurements, usage surveys, prices, and overdose data. All these indicate that people are using historically large amounts.

Does this rule out the idea of contaminants? No. Even if it’s 97% pure d-meth, there could be something very nasty lurking in that last 3%. But I don’t see the need for such an explanation. We know there are many more heavy users, so there’s no need to go beyond the idea that quantity has a quality all its own.

--- End quote ---

carl:
One word: "hotrailing" :o

ketosis posted a video after my absolute lack of getting what this is and what its supposed to do.
But it involves imbibing(can't say it else) meth under stupid conditions and actually, I have more questions than ever about this.
I am still utterly confused, but I just don't try to understand this anymore.
Its like groundhog day - american stuff nobody elsewhere understands :D
"hotrailing".... smh rn :o

As I said in the other thread, and was apparently disproven :P
Those people who are "hotrailing" and engage in other wasteful public drug using stunts(because, what else is this than hotboxing for meth users?), could be called "regular" users as in, regularly repeating use.
But not as in functional users who just try to keep on doing whatever, with responsibility, without the intent of getting as much fun out of it as possible.

I don't think there is any ceiling effect in such intentional purely recreational abuse, those people might stop when they hallucinate very strongly or whatever.
But else, they are trying to get as high as possible, thats why a probably not that small number of people ended up with that drug even.

I know its the case quite often, with the myth it being the "worst" and at the same time "strongest" drug, idiots tend to end up there, or at crack/street heroin.
Thats what being edgy causes in real life.
Cringe, bro! :D

thewire:
Not bad.

My notes:
-P2P meth is racemic mixture. Cartels has no skill how to make pure d-meth from p2p. Hopefully they will never have a capability to
achieve that . Not mentioned in the article if it has been attempted.
-97% ain't bad ,if they were pro that would be 99+.
- " Even if it’s 97% pure d-meth, there could be something very nasty lurking in that last 3%" Totally agree with that. I am sure this causing that mystical "go crazy" effect.

Off: I never liked  Trump  but I agree what he  planned  , to designate Mexican drug cartels as te++o+ists.

carl:

--- Quote from: thewire on October 29, 2021, 02:57:49 PM ----P2P meth is racemic mixture. Cartels has no skill how to make pure d-meth from p2p. Hopefully they will never have a capability to
achieve that . Not mentioned in the article if it has been attempted.

--- End quote ---
They have that, and they do that, for quite some time even.

Check the chiral composition of seized meth, its enantiomerically enriched, the least effort with the greatest results.
Those are huge shards, but only around 70-75% dextromethamphetamine.
Because that separation step, fractional crystallisation apparently, is done just once.
As once is enough to get the required looks.
Twice increases the workload and thus price by a huge margin, and it simply is not neccessary-

But believe me, they could make pure dextro.
They just don't need t.
Because this is apparently good enough, for the looks, and if not, then price and effect will convince any customer besides this.
They only do the bare minimum regarding chirality.
And if they can do that, then there are also people who could take this one step further(or 2-3 actually :P), the knowledge is obviously there.

java:
"Cartels has no skill how to make pure d-meth from p2p"......they've known how to do that for at least 15 years...and later,..... since they wanted  to maximise the profit , they just mixed 60 % d-meth and the rest L-meth to get those shards that all the users wanted.........java

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version