Author Topic: My Gak List  (Read 10440 times)

kewlcanuk

My Gak List
« on: September 30, 2004, 08:25:00 AM »
Are any of these the more 'difficult' gaks?

-Microcrystalline cellulose, lactose anhydrous, sodium starch glycolate, corn starch,magnesium stearate, colloidal silicon dioxide

SWIM has been having great success with the tetra trap and/or alchol, water pull. But all of a sudden the product after evaporation of methanol has been a yellow goo that he can crash ...But still the final is a dry yellow powder. He went from 60% yields to 20%. Also what is the apox. burning point for pseudo? He evaporates the alchol and water wia a stove on low, about 80c.

Thanks,

Canuk

Ascension

Did your yields go down to 20% when doing just
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 08:36:00 AM »
Did your yields go down to 20% when doing just alky pulls?
If your doing just alky pulls im surprised you got ANYTHING.

You didnt really make it clear what your doing, explain a bit more please.

By the way pseudoephedrine melting point is like 180 or something, and boiling point... well wayyy higher than that.
You could of found that in TFSE

Your not "Burning" your pseudo so to speak, thats for sure.

But the gaks are taking hold of it and not giving up.

kewlcanuk

pulls
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 04:27:00 PM »
I do a water pull first then the alc pull. This always worked for me lately. But with this new goo, I've been trying tetra, and I got a clean result once. Now I'm getting the same goo.
My yeilds are now 20% (thats with using the crashed goo(yellow powder) in the RxN.

memeep

?
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 10:13:00 PM »
Nothing you have listed should be giving you any trouble. Cold dry MeOH or denatured with crashing should be sufficient. And why the water extraction first? It isn't needed.

kewlcanuk

thanks
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 10:49:00 PM »
I always water extract first. I'm going to try extracting with methanol first this time, I think it will be alot easier any ways. Have been reading that you should let the pill mass soke in the methanol for atleast a few hours. Is this really needed? Shouldn't it disolve regardless or maybe add a little heat to the Heet(carfully)?

Alces_Alces

Hey Kewl
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 04:47:00 AM »
That sounds like they started putting Polysorbate 80 into your pills...

You need a step in the pill cleaning process that will scise the long chain polymer...

I.E. break it and cut it into little fragments that can be washed out easily...

Try the TCE \ JD or Festers Deconstructionist Thoughts

Jacked

heat the alcohol
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2004, 05:46:00 AM »
Heat the alcohol up. It extracts better hot..

Stan_desCline

It might be your methanol...
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2004, 06:45:00 PM »
I ran into the yellow some time back, and after reverse engineering my processes I found the origin to be the same brand of methanol you mentioned. It could be an additive for dream inhibition, or maybe some of the coloring in the plastic dissolved. My "Yeller" appeared almost the same hue as the bottle. My "Yeller" was also easily removed (I was pulling FB, not HCl) by folding crystals into some blank newspaper with a weight on top. I later dried some of the methanol and noticed something oily around the edges of the otherwise clear product. I left approximately 100 ml on that beloved Pyrex in the oven for a couple of hours (oven was never on)and was rewarded with a stain on the glass. I scraped  up  the off- white residue, which then appeared quite "Yeller". Source of gak found. Possible fuel system replacement gag also committed to memory. The next puzzle is: Not all bottles are tainted. I seldom use the product personally, but my encounters with other devotees of the brand name suggest that "Yeller" lives in about 20% of the packages. Has anyone else ever encountered this mystery contaminant?

kewlcanuk

methanol
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2004, 09:00:00 PM »
Hey thanks for the post. I've always used Heet and I theink many others do to, as all the the 'bust' pics I see always have there 'Heet' layed out on the table along with everything  else they use. So maybe this is a ploy for the manufacture to hinder dreamers. It definatly isn't in every bottle like you said, last nights dream was fine.

,Canuk

abominator

Re:Yellow Oil
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2004, 10:23:00 PM »

Has anyone else ever encountered this mystery contaminant?

First off let me say that swim does not think that your gas line dryer is giving you the problem, otherwise all the "gakk free"/high dollar pill cooks wouldn't be churning out some colorless crystals. My point is that yellow bottle of shit is used hundred times a day on pills that have the formulation for it.

Swim thinks all these point toward signs of our latest gakk. Eudragit. One of the first to point it out to swim was Scottydog who started pulling some yellow oil with the 120's then soon it was moved to, well every OTC pill there is, in this bee's experience.

Let it bee known that if one busts the new gakk, the pill fuckers are still rotating the old gakks in with it.  The pharmer's gotta keep those dreamers in the stim forum on their toes.

Possible helpful links for the new gakk:

Post 529156

(evilscripter69: "Best extraction method. well tested", Stimulants)

Post 499089 (missing)

(UncleFester: "deconstructionist thought", Stimulants)
(read the whole thread)

Post 515327

(barkingburro: "first experiment in throwing eudragit a success", Stimulants)

Post 512919

(Prepuce: "Gakinator?", Stimulants)

kewlcanuk

not a gak
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2004, 12:09:00 AM »
I don't think this could be a gak. All the additives are in my firt post in this thread. These pills are 60's none time release. Aslo I only had a problem with that one bottle of methanol.As soon as I opened a new bottle I was getting a clean reactent.

abominator

Inactives list/swim's mistake
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2004, 07:40:00 AM »
Here in the US, our OTC pills inactive list can't bee trusted!  My mistake.  The inactive list reads very similar to a well know BTC pill that is still sold for high dollar, all across the US at truckstops and what not.  To this day cooks in swim's former area depend on this one type of pill swim is talking about to make clean looking street dope that the tweaker love.

Hey KewlKanuk, didn't realize that you are working with relatively clean Canadian pills then?  Never has swim ran into the problem with the particular gas line dryer you mention, but early on a generic was used with the same listings as the yellow bottle and totally oiled up the pfed.  I am on an anti-eudragit tangent, sorry.

Stonium

READ
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2004, 06:26:00 PM »

…or maybe add a little heat to the Heet(carfully)?

pics I see always have there 'Heet' layed out on the table along with everything else they use.

I only had a problem with that one bottle of Heet.

The hive
Discussing the Chemistry of Mind-Altering Compounds
our rules

No trading or discussion of commercial suppliers.

Rule #2, if you can be bothered to read them:  :( :

https://www.the-hive.ws/

Postings violating these rules will be deleted, locked, or moved and the originator will be banned or removed without further discussion and notification.

SQUIDIPPY

make a note
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2004, 09:55:00 PM »
Don't use the stuff in the yellow bottle.

kewlcanuk

otc pills
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2004, 10:46:00 PM »
I'm not sure if Canadian pills are any cleaner...But I guess from what I'm hearing they are. I do know that anything ingested in Canada must have all of its contents on the box.

geezmeister

Are you sure?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2004, 12:11:00 AM »
List all of the contents? Are you sure? Or do you simply assume the list of ingredients cover everything in the pill?

In the United States, the ingredients added to the pills that are considered part of the medicine's delivery system are not considered inactive ingredients, and are therefore not listed with the inactive ingredients. They also are not active ingredients, in that they do not supposedly produce a therapeutic effect, so they are not listed in that list either. I will assure you that Eudragit is not a listed ingredient, and I will assure you it is in the pills I have seen.

This is likely your problem.

kewlcanuk

I am sure
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2004, 12:34:00 AM »
In Canada all ingredients must be accounted for on lable of anything ingested. I am going to try and find the exact bill for you. Personally I can't believe that there would be such a liability out there like having a 'secret' additive in a product. Canada and the US are very different even thougn many people might think its an extension of the States. Alot of the drugs approved in the States never hit the shelves in Canada. Even everyday used drugs like Alieve.

But thanks for your input anyways. I enjoy pulling your postes and reading them. :)

kewlcanuk

heres the act
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2004, 12:59:00 AM »
30. (1) The Governor in Council may make regulations for carrying the purposes and provisions of this Act into effect, and, in particular, but without restricting the generality of the foregoing, may make regulations

(a) declaring that any food or drug or class of food or drugs is adulterated if any prescribed substance or class of substances is present therein or has been added thereto or extracted or omitted therefrom;

(b) respecting

(i) the labelling and packaging and the offering, exposing and advertising for sale of food, drugs, cosmetics and devices,

(ii) the size, dimensions, fill and other specifications of packages of food, drugs, cosmetics and devices,

(iii) the sale or the conditions of sale of any food, drug, cosmetic or device, and

(iv) the use of any substance as an ingredient in any food, drug, cosmetic or device,

to prevent the purchaser or consumer thereof from being deceived or misled in respect of the design, construction, performance, intended use, quantity, character, value, composition, merit or safety thereof, or to prevent injury to the health of the purchaser or consumer;

Scottydog

Eudragit test?
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2004, 01:08:00 AM »
Take a box of pills (works with 60's, 120's and 240's) and grind them up. Mix with equal weight of sodium carbonate and saturate with tetra until the consistency of latex paint. Add a half tablespoon of water and stir up really good. (As one normally would when preparing for the tetra trap extraction) Just don't add any NP solvent on top! Allow this to set for an hour. Eventually, you will bee able to watch the yellow oil "ooze" from the mix before any heat has even been applied!  :o

I recommend that you simply trust Swim's test and not try to replicate at home because it MAY bee a waste of $3-$7! Unless of course you plan to take it all of the way through and finish with the short path distillation.

Swim has learned the hard way and no longer performs this test. This test became rather costly! This test used to bee called an extraction but (unless the yellow oil is removed first) then it is nothing more then a test to confirm what we already know.  ::)

I believe that 240's are the only pills that straightup list eudragit on the inactive list? They should just go ahead and list it on all of them because afterall, what difference would it make?

Swim is referring to US pills but not to discriminate (eudragit doesn't) I'm sure the test would work in other countries as well.

abominator

Scotty offers great advice.
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2004, 04:39:00 AM »
Scotty offers great advice.  A simple test would worth it, aside from Squid metioning it, this bee has never known of any probs with the yeller bottle stuff, but maybee it hasn't hit swim's area yet?  Squid has always been on the money in this bee's experience.

Is the oily residue for the reason not to use that popular brand of gas line dryer Squid?