Author Topic: Is this a practical way to make MMDA? -jazz9  (Read 2763 times)

dormouse

Is this a practical way to make MMDA? -jazz9
« on: April 23, 2000, 04:57:00 AM »

the Hive BB
  Novel Discourse
  Is this a practical way to make MMDA?

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic 
Author  Topic:   Is this a practical way to make MMDA? 
jazz9
Member   posted 07-09-99 06:51 PM          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Both Rhodium and Osmium said that the modified performic will work with most propenylbenzenes except asarone, so how
about this route to MMDA:
1.extract mysristicin from Parsley seed oil.
2. Isomerize myristicin with 1-2% KOH.
3. Use modified performic with iso-m.
4. Then do the Al-Hg.

Rhodium
Administrator   posted 07-09-99 07:16 PM          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, it should work.

jazz9
Member   posted 07-09-99 07:18 PM          
Anyone who wants can e-mail info to me:
jazz9@hotbot.com

jazz9
Member   posted 07-09-99 07:21 PM          
Also if anyone has easy access to a chem library which I don't, maybe there's some
literature on MMDA via the performic.
It sounds very easy, but has it been done
in print?

CHEM GUY
Member   posted 07-10-99 06:37 PM          
It's been done plenty of times trust me. Probably a couple of times a day somewhere in the US.
Why bother yourself with the preformic method? Use the HBr method, described in the Chemistry Forum in the post " 'Grab your seats' (HBr + safrole)" All that you might have a hard time finding for this receipe is patience.  (It takes about 1.5 weeks and it really works)

jazz9
Member   posted 07-10-99 07:15 PM          
CHEM GUY:
You're probably right. I believe it works,
but obviously the HBr can only react with the myristicin component of nutmeg oil. If you've read SOURCES by Strike, she says that nutmeg oil doesn't have as much myristicin as Parsley oil.
according to Sources, parsnip oil has a very high myristicin content, but I haven't found a place that sells it.
If you know of one e-mail me
jazz9@hotbot.com

Semtex Enigma
Member   posted 07-10-99 08:56 PM          
You can't find someone to sell you parsnip oil? You should be able to figure it out, especially with that lovely book at your side. That's why it's called SOURCES, it does tell you how to come up with sources other than the ones listed. Read between the lines...

CHEM GUY
Member   posted 07-11-99 03:22 PM          
Nutmeg doesn't have just Mystricin in it,...
Nutmeg contains mystricin, elemicin, and safrole, in decreasing amounts. (Sources vary widely but all types of nutmeg have those compounds)

And nutmeg doesn't have a whole lot of useful oil in in but it is very easily obtained. Parsley SEED oil contains much more but is increasingly hard to get.

sunlight
Member   posted 07-12-99 03:14 AM          
if the Al/Hg with ammonia yields like MDA this step is not interesting, yield will be very low. May be am. acetate and NaBH4 would be better.

All times are CT (US)
 next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
    Hop to: Select a Forum or ArchiveList of Forums:General DiscussionAcquisition DiscourseChemistry DiscourseMethods DiscourseNovel DiscourseCrystal MethSerious Chemistry ForumThe Hive CouchSerious Tryptamine DiscourseAdmin Chill-out TentList of Archives:Couch ArchivesClassics!Law and OrderThe litter box.misc. PEAs  

Contact Us | the Hive