Author Topic: What are these mushrooms?  (Read 5916 times)

odin

Blue
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2003, 10:34:00 PM »
big,
Do you maybe know that MANY Boletus spp., Inocibe spp. turn blue when you touch them. Blueing is definetly not reliable test for ident. psilocybes.

Daphuk_up

My test...
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2003, 11:14:00 PM »

This is my simple test, usually performed on purchased fungi, rather than wild gathered variety.  First, does it have a tannish-brown to light orange cap?  Second, does it bruise blue?  Third, check the spore print color.  Should be a nice purple-black.  As far as I know, only fun-poison containing fungi (specifically psylocybe) carry all three of these characteristics.  If someone knows better, please feel free to enlighten me however.

big_cheese

sorry
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2003, 05:12:00 AM »
sorry about spellin but i cant spell /....and yes blue is reliable if they fit the psilo key and to me the fungus is very close to that key and no im sure it isnt a bolote i dont see pores

odin

What can this bee
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2003, 10:36:00 PM »
Boletus was only example, here you can find litle shroom (3-5 cm) that grows in grass, has a ring, is yellow-brown colored, has dark spores and turns blue where you cut it. Only obvious diference from Psilo. is cap form, that is Hygrocybe shaped.
I can not identifye it, not even genus. Any sugestions?