Author Topic: New Mescaline synthesis  (Read 2571 times)

psycosmo

New Mescaline synthesis
« on: August 30, 2001, 04:33:00 AM »
Check out
Inorganica Chimica Acta, Volumes 300-302, 20 April 2000, Pages 693-697
Mescaline synthesis via tricarbonyl (6-1,2,3-trimethoxybenzene)chromium complex,

looks interesting......

obituary

Re: New Mescaline synthesis
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2001, 05:29:00 AM »
is that in english?

formula54

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2001, 10:20:00 PM »
anyone ever read this?

Rhodium

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2001, 11:31:00 PM »
Yes, I have. The above compound is treated with acetonitrile and BuLi to form 3,4,5-trimethoxyphenylacetonitrile, which is reduced to mescaline. It is not especially practical, but it is a very elegant novel synthesis.

formula54

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2001, 01:17:00 AM »
ive been trying to find the most OTC mescaline synthesis. there are many synths floating around here, its a little daunting.
i figured that this one would be not very otc, but im amazed at how many interesting routes there are to this chemical.

foxy2

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2001, 01:47:00 AM »

very elegant novel synthesis

In other words,
difficult and requireing expensive and hard to get reagents

;D

Do Your Part To Win The War

formula54

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2001, 01:50:00 AM »
i know.
im just being a good bee and gathering pollen. plus reminding some bees who might be interested.

Xgoddess

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2001, 07:36:00 AM »
Rho, i know that many people have different opinions, but what is YOUR opinion of the EASIEST synth of (CH3)3-PEA from (CH3)3-Beta nitro styrene.  Please help this struggling little girl. Thank you :)

terbium

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2001, 08:14:00 AM »
synth of (CH3)3-PEA
What in the heck is this? Trimethylphenethylamine??? I think you should be posting this over in the Newbee Forum!

Rhodium

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2001, 08:06:00 PM »
Xgoddess: If you are referring to mescaline, then I'd suggest reduction of the double bond with NaBH4, followed by Al/Hg reduction of the nitro group. The overall yields approach 60% generally. Details can be found on my page.

Chromic

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2001, 12:05:00 AM »
Well, there are some molecules, like 4-Me-3,5-MeO-PEA that have been experimented with..

I wonder if anyone has tried 3,4,5-Me-PEA or if anyone has tried 4-Me-3,5-MeO-A. (sorta like DOM, except with a 3-MeO instead of a 2-MeO) Although I suppose since TMA-2 is more active than TMA, the 2,4,5- subsitutition pattern in alpha methyl PEAs is more active than in PEAs (where the 3,4,5- arrangement seems to give the only really active molecules) and my idea of a 4-Me-3,5-MeO-A would be sort of silly.

Rhodium

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2001, 01:18:00 AM »
4-methyl-3,5-dimethoxyphenetylamine has been explored in humans (DESOXY, Pihkal #52,

http://leda.lycaeum.org/Documents/PIHKAL_052.9621.shtml

). The amphetamine analog has not been made to my knowledge.

In the extensions and commentary part of the above article, the following can be read:

This is not the first time that oxygen atoms have been removed from the mescaline molecule. Both the 3,5-dideoxymescaline (3,5-dimethyl-4-methoxyphenethylamine) and 3,4,5-trideoxymescaline (also called desoxymescaline in the literature, but really tri-desoxymescaline or 3,4,5-trimethylphenethylamine) have been studied in the cat, and have shown extraordinary pharmacological profiles of CNS action. The trimethyl compound showed behavior that was interpreted as being intense mental turmoil, accompanied by a startling rise in body temperature. The significance is hard to determine, in that LSD gave similar responses in the cat, but mescaline was without effects at all. No human studies have been made on these compounds, just animal studies. But they might prove upon trial in man to be most revealing. They would have to be performed with exceptional care.

The 3-carbon chain amphetamines that correspond to these mescaline look-alikes with one or more methoxy groups replaced with methyl groups, are largely untested and would require independent and novel syntheses. The 3,4,5-trimethylamphetamine is known, and is known to be very hard on experimental cats.

A mescaline analogue with a bromo atom in place of the 4-methoxyl group is an analogue of mescaline in exactly the same way that DOB (a very potent amphetamine) is an analog of TMA-2 (the original trisubstituted amphetamine). This analogue, 3,5-dimethoxy-4-bromoamphetamine, has been found to be a most effective serotonin agonist, and it is a possibility that it could be a most potent phenethylamine. But, as of the present time, it has never been assayed in man.

Acme

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2001, 04:04:00 AM »
I have read the paper,

and by using HMPA, and The Harpoon, it makes the methodology laughably sad

foxy2

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2001, 06:14:00 AM »
Those methyl analogs sound SCARY.  So who wants to taste test them??

Who ever tastes them can be the entertainment at the next Hive convention.   ;D

Don't worry we will have a nice padded room set up for you.

Do Your Part To Win The War