Author Topic: The Hive back online at Erowid  (Read 29869 times)

Offline twoswords

• Larvae
Re: The Hive back online at Erowid
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2015, 07:54:45 AM »
What happened to rhodium.ws?
I have read in different forums that the original rhodium site was bigger than what is available here and at erowid etc.
Can anybody say if this is so?

Offline taz007

• Pupae
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2015, 12:31:56 PM »
After spending a year obsessed with the idea of making molly reading every related hive post etc over and over, i found this place and it was real!!!!! couldn't believe it there arent many people who you can talk to about chemistry when your not a 'chemist', this place is like home.

Offline Impossible

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2015, 09:10:49 PM »
Does anyone have a link to the jan1983 large scale 2-phenylpropanal rearrangement document?  I've not been able to find it on any of the assorted HIVE archives.

Offline twoswords

• Larvae
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2015, 08:23:33 AM »
Does anyone have a link to the jan1983 large scale 2-phenylpropanal rearrangement document?  I've not been able to find it on any of the assorted HIVE archives.

This one?
http://tinyurl.com/qc2ehpp
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:27:24 AM by twoswords »

Offline Impossible

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2015, 03:57:50 PM »
No, I've only ever seen it as a .DOC file copy/paste of the actual hive thread.

It details the construction of apparatus and active heat transfer circuit using peltiers, and subsequent use in a writeup on a multi kilogram scale.

Online java

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2015, 08:28:19 PM »
.....this is what you want..it was here all the time at the Arc of the Hive......java
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:30:27 PM by java »
"If you like yourself....then take care of yourself"

Offline The Lone Stranger

• Dominant Wasp
  • THE SITE HERETIC and DEVILS ADVOCATE
    • YouTopia
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2015, 05:30:12 PM »
Lilienthal ...... Read the download instructions and have tryed to do it  several times but i only get one file and then the downlaod breaks off ? So questions ---- >

How can it be done ...... please ?
How big is it ?
How many files are in it ?

And the pregnant questions that noone is asking  ------ >

What problems caused the hive to close and as there is a backup from the day it went down why didnt it go back online again somewhere else within a few days ?

“Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.” Albert Einstein

• Dominant Wasp
    • YouTopia
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2015, 12:48:19 PM »
At thread ---- >

As the methane is getting thick ---- >

I'm sure that i had a lot to do with the changes for the better that were made here . I openly protested about the ' eliteism ' and ' Hitler youth ' atmosphere here in those days that was stifiling the forum .

I felt that a small group of people were trying to bully and dominate Vesp and take the forum over wich in my opinion would have turned it into just another meth forum and killed it .

I am sure that a large part of the reason that the hive was so popular was because members were allowed to talk and express themselves and their personalitys as they wanted within sensible limits . The moderation was good and because of that it still makes good reading and is very popular .

The ' reasoning ' of a few people that the hive should stay dead because then there would be different competeing versions is flawed ...... are there competeing versions that people can post in ?

If there are is / would that be a bad thing or good because then each one would be competeing to be the better one = a good thing because that would encourage quality and eventualy people would vote with their feet and the best one would win and the good chemists would move to it .

I think open it again with at least some of the administrators , moderators and members which would then inspire new thoughts and inovations ...... and through their experience help to train a new generation of chemists . I'm sure it would attract very many good people old and new to it . Of cource there would have to be some quality control ...... but not faschistoid ......

That isnt grave robbing or necrophilia .

Alpha wolves get old and have to face that and deal with it positively and sensibly by giveing way while passing their knowledge on ........ if they dont and they get bitter and try to kling to power and dominate they fuck their reputations and that doesnt do them or anyone else any good . It means that their experience , help and guidance would be missing ...... to grow up to be good chemists kids need good parents and not bitter vain old men with a grudge .

Anyone want to buy a vacume cleaner ?
“Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.” Albert Einstein

• Dominant Wasp
    • YouTopia
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2015, 03:54:16 PM »
What i would do about the situation now and because the whole scene is in diaspora and that isnt good ---- >

Vesp .

1 - Looking back now the move with the mods leaving wasnt optimal . IF i were you i would say that publicly and invite them back as mods / advisors . To balance things out also appoint more mods BUT you stay ...... queen bee ..... wasp ...... and have the final decision .

2 - Get rid of the gray hive copy on the front page . I can understand some people not likeing it . Part of the hives identity is the colour and layout .

3 - Sort the archives section out . Each archive needs a seperate entry from the main forum with its own picture / icon instead of one with multiple identity pictures as it is now . The page that that leads to doesnt do those archives a service .

4 - Get in touch with Llillienthal ask him if he will help with the new full hive copy here . Erowid is cool but its not a hang out for chemists and people cant talk chemistry there like they can here . Hes also a good bet for programing things and as a moderator / advisor .

He and others would also be a good bet for getting all the Rhodium copys and joining them into one big one as is being done with the Hive .

5 - Do the same with Org and Warami . So that they'r also mods / advisors and  the Synthetikal and WetDreams and co . archives have their own site picture and entry point on the front page .

6 - Another mod / advisor invitation should / could go out to Java as he has done very very much for the scene and he has a wealth of knowledge and earns it  .

They all have their fans and posse's and are part of the backbone of the scene . Doing it publicly gives the scene a chance to get back together , heal old wounds and also ...... the whole scene will see it and can talk about it and decide what they want to do ...... and will also see if anyone trys to fuck the idea and if anyone secretly wears womens underclothes .

The reason is to get as much as possible / all of the information available in one place and make it searchable . Those archives dont have to be open to new posts ...... people can read them and post on this forum as they can now .
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 03:56:06 PM by The Lone Stranger »