Author Topic: Unknown Tryptamine?  (Read 10473 times)

Jaded

Unknown Tryptamine?
« on: May 14, 2003, 01:18:00 PM »
***I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT IS DONE BECAUSE OF THIS POSE.  IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE THEN PLEASE REFRAIN YOURSELF FROM READING THIS POST.***

Uh I've recently found out about a Tryptamine drug found in a certain common species of mushroom that isnt really a good drug to use.  My questions are is there anyway that a test can be done to find out the chemical make up of this drug?  I know the drug is a tryptamine for sure because I've had expierences of both psilocybin and DMT.  And I've exprienced these 'shrooms' and they were much like that of psilocybin but VERY MUCH diffrent in a way.  See, the visuals were alot alike, but there comes with them an auditory effect(s) that are quite disturbing.  The visual diffrences would be noted that u can see these 'things' that are clear and are almost like they are 'holes in ur eye ball'.  You usually only see them at times when its bright or if your outside.  They are extremely odd.  And also there is what i would call not being able to control ones thoughts and u find urself mumbling to yourself in your head at times.  But only sometimes, it seems that you have to take control of yourself to rid that from happening.  I've came to the conclusion that these 'shrooms' mimic that of schizphrenia more than that of ANY drug.  I first took an eigth bought from someone 4 years ago, and I've never been the same since.  Although, at the time when I had consumed them I didn't know I would be like this for years, I thought that it would go away after several weeks.  Also I know of the ver specie(s) of shrooms that contain such drug and they are noted as being edible! and maybe my continued drug use continues these effects(even my antipsychotic medication?![marijuana) I've also found out that these shrooms grow throughout the entire world.  And some don't always cause the same effects as in the wouldnt do anything at all because they were simply look-alike edibles that were noted by mycologists.

Rhodium

Tough task
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 01:21:00 PM »
If you have to ask how, then you are not capable of analyzing the mushrooms yourself. Usual procedures include GC/MS analysis, as well as NMR - both very expensive lab machines.

Blind_Angel

If you would have a description of the ...
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2003, 01:21:00 PM »
If you would have a description of the mushrooms or a name it would help?
I would guess Amanita Muscaria, but the effect are really not like the one you describe but they do grow everywhere in the world...

Jaded

species of Coprinus. If you look those up on...
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2003, 01:26:00 PM »
species of Coprinus.  If you look those up on the net, the species that I know that contains tryptamines, has 3 or 4 other look-alikes which im not sure if they contain anything or not.  I haven't ever been to a cowfield in the summer months but I know for sure they can be found there.  No the shrooms were not AMANITA.

Jaded

I was basically asking if someone would like...
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2003, 01:30:00 PM »
I was basically asking if someone would like to do this for me for my own health?

Rhodium

No, we don't allow the exchange of substances...
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2003, 01:32:00 PM »
No, we don't allow the exchange of substances between members, so that won't happen.

GC_MS

coprinus
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2003, 01:43:00 PM »
Coprinus mushrooms have an Antabuse-like effect. So it only gives an intoxication if you eat the mushrooms in combination with alcohol. And furthermore, not everybody is susceptable to the active components. I doubt that inky caps contain alluring tryptamines. I suggest you recheck your shrooms.

Jaded

What about IF someone were to collect some of...
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2003, 01:44:00 PM »
What about IF someone were to collect some of these 'shrooms' and run tests on them.  Of course thought I would give information on the shroom for identification.  But it would make sense to me if someone didn't want to intrude into a cow field heh.

GC_MS

extractions
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2003, 01:50:00 PM »
You make extractions and run TLCs.

Or if you have the equipment (but I doubt you have), you can check your extracts with HPLC or GC, but preferably GC/MS. NMR should be useful when you think of encountering "unknown" substances. And if you have plenty of time, IR can come in handy as well.

A standard phytochemistry work on how to study plants easily contains 2000+ pages. I suggest you look for a damn good library near you and start reading. The literature is full of procedures on how to extract which plant using a specific technique, usually including spot test and TLCs.

Jaded

Oh I am positive of this.
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2003, 01:52:00 PM »
Oh I am positive of this.  They DEFINETLY contain tryptamines of unknown kind.  See for yourself if you would like.  I'm not telling you to consume them because I'm so sure im RIGHT of this that I am paranoid as to someone consuming them because of this post.  Or why would I have stated a disclaimer.  I'm telling if you would like to know for sure or help me out,  you should run tests on them.  BUT DO NOT CONSUME THEM BECAUSE THEY CAUSE SYMPTOMS LIKE THAT OF SCHIZOPHRENIA WITH VERY DISTURBING AUDITORY EFFECTS.  Oh and be sure to let me know what you find out via-email.  But for some reason what will happen is you wont be able to find out the chemical found in the 'shrooms' because they are of unkown compounds.  But certain large 'yellow' species of this shroom do for sure contain TRYPTAMINE compounds.(red,green,gold color kaleidoscopic patterning.  Though a few other features of these shrooms make them diffrent from psilocybe's)

yellium

I would also like it IF somebody brought me...
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2003, 01:52:00 PM »
I would also like it IF somebody brought me some nice chicks. Of course, I would give them some information on how they could recognize nice chicks. Just for identification purposes, nothing illegal here.

Lilienthal

Why don't you give us a good description of...
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2003, 02:01:00 PM »
Why don't you give us a good description of those mushrooms so we could identify them. Maybe somebody has already checked that species.

GC_MS

?
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2003, 02:02:00 PM »
How much education (school or self-study) in the mycological field do you have to be sure you are talking about inky caps?

Jaded

Description = Yellow Cap, White stem.
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2003, 02:15:00 PM »
Description = Yellow Cap, White stem.

I have no mycology education although my friend does ;)

:::heres a link:::         

http://www.grzyby.pl/coprinus-site-Kees-Uljee/species/pellucid.htm

Jaded

Put it this way...just pick any yellow shrooms
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2003, 02:18:00 PM »
Put it this way...just pick any yellow shrooms that have a white stem and look similiar to that...and you'll end up with tryptamine containing shrooms.  Do no eat them though, unless you want to be tripping for a LONG time.

Lilienthal

There are probably thousands of mushrooms...
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2003, 02:36:00 PM »
There are probably thousands of mushrooms matching your "description". It looks like the mushroom you linked to grows exclusively in Europe.

So please take the time to inspect the dried specimens, maybe check the spores under a microscope, give us the habitat and the time you collected them... Or ask your friend to help you. There is a free downloadable identification program on the site you gave us.

Otherwise people here might think it's a hoax...

sean1234

Put it this way...just pick any yellow shrooms
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2003, 02:52:00 PM »
Put it this way...just pick any yellow shrooms that have a white stem and look similiar to that...and you'll end up with tryptamine containing shrooms.  Do no eat them though, unless you want to be tripping for a LONG time.

lillienthal is absolutely right... you need to get yourself a good library book on mushroom identification. You should know that id'ing mushrooms is not an easy task, and many species, while very different from one another look almost identical. this is a skill that is learned after lots of experience. never attempt to consume any mushroom without having first taking spore prints and doing several cross references with detailed mushroom id books.

also, due to the fact that psychadelic experiences are heavily influenced by environment and are volitile by nature, i would not assume that you have found a 'new tryptamine' or 'new anything' for that matter.
ask your question here www.shroomery.com.

never ever eat shrooms from the wild unless you are well educated in the business...the complexity is staggering, not simple in the least.

hCiLdOdUeDn

About picking...
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2003, 02:55:00 PM »
Not every mushroom that has a yellow stem is a tryptamine containing mushroom! You could be eating poisonous mushrooms. My suggestion: Dont fucking pick mushrooms from your backyard. If you want to ingest psilocybin then cultivate mushrooms of the P.Cubensis variety by buying REAL spores. You never know what you ate, it might have contained some kind of delerient such as the pyschoactive aminitas mushrooms.

Jaded

ok
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2003, 03:12:00 PM »
Okay...What I say is of true fact and yes barely anyone in this world knows about this infact by the way some poeple have replied to this i would say NO ONE knows.  But anyway, I was right about what I said. Go to a cow field and pick shrooms that are large, and look YELLOW, and have a solid white stem.  Thats all there is to that for you people that are wanting to test this out,  its not like your going to eat them so who gives a fuck if you think that im wrong when im right you have nothing to lose.  Oh and I have expirence with what I have just told you.  The only possible look-alikes and im sure of this is diffrent strains that are pretty much the same shroom with only microscopic diffrences.  The only thing that would happen if you picked a shroom that was microscopically diffrent, is that it MIGHT be edible other than active.  But its that simple...yellow cap, white stem, oh yea and a purple-black spre print THATS IT IM TELLING YOU LOL!  You will see yourself if you went to a field...but chances are why you don't get me is you've never even been in a cow pasture.

moo

Advice
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2003, 06:39:00 PM »
The more you eat different mushrooms of unidentified species, the more likely you are going to die of a poisoning. Are you sure you really know are they different to those you found last time? Or in other words: are you, again, going to find out what their effects are the riskiest way? Or is someone else doing it because of your recommendation? One can't be sure of it the next day either. In some cases the game is already over when you realize that something is terribly wrong, which might well take a week, so please be sensible.

Get a good book on mushrooms and start spotting and collecting them, no matter where. Now, start to pratice identification with them, no matter what kinds of mushrooms they are. That is the only way to learn it properly. Many mushrooms also make a good dinner when you KNOW what they are.  ;)

Edit: also, when you talk about cow pastures... where exactly? America or Europe and which parts of it? Where in the pasture, and where exactly? growing in cow shit or somewhere else? No, it isn't as simple as you may think.