Author Topic: Routes to 5-MeO-DIPT  (Read 4747 times)

Hierophant

Routes to 5-MeO-DIPT
« on: April 22, 2000, 05:31:00 AM »
My lab monkeys have grown restless and are looking for more interesting syntheses to experiment with. The are familiar with Sasha's method to this particular tryptamine, and are curious as to if the are alternate routes (maintaining 5-MeO-T as the starting product). They would be very interested in any reaction that allowed for the use of solvents with lower boiling points, since the grant hasn't come in for that new vacuum pump, and I cannot risk cutting into their wages to purchase one. They have all the materials and equipment on hand to perform BrightStar's synth, and have successfully performed it numerous times with excellent yields (a thanks is in order for you BrightStar, you have saved me many bananas in overtime). So, what is the current best (most OTC and efficient) method for diisopropylation of this tryptamine?

Rhodium

Re: Routes to 5-MeO-DIPT
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2000, 06:28:00 PM »
From 5-MeO-tryptamine:

Diisopropylation with isopropyl iodide or perhaps reductive amination with acetone.

See the synths for making DMT from tryptamine on my page using either MeI or HCHO and modify them to use the above reagents.

------------------

http://rhodium.lycaeum.org

psyloxy

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2000, 10:15:00 PM »
Reductive amination with acetone....

What could one expect, if one reductively aminated acetone with tryptammonium-acetate with the help of Mg like in P2P-->MDA #8 ?

Are those rxns even compareable ?

--psyloxy--

Rhodium

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2000, 11:32:00 PM »
I think it would be best to use a more reliable reducing agent first (i.e. NaBH3CN), to find out if it is possible to add two isopropyl groups that way, or if the molecule is too crowded for more than one group to attach.

MethGn0me

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2000, 12:16:00 AM »
on one of the head shop links on your site rhod
i noticed a certain company claims to sell 5meodipt

is that shit legal?

psyloxy

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2000, 01:10:00 AM »
Uhhm, what about indol-3-acetaldehyde and diisopropylamine[OAc]. (Sorry if stupid Q)

--psyloxy--

Candidus

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2000, 03:47:00 AM »
yes it is .. along with DIPT DPT 5meoDPT blah blah blah

Rhodium

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2000, 07:13:00 PM »
Psyloxy: That may be possible, but I've heard that IAA is tough to work with, as it polymerizes easily.

Zen

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2002, 06:35:00 AM »
DMT > 5-MeO-DIPT

DMT:

Oxidize at the 5 position and pull the CH3 from the N?

5-MeO-DIPT:

Any ideas on the reduction of N-dimethyltryptamine to N-diisopropyltryptamine?

5-MeO-DMT > 5-MeO-DIPT

5-MeO-DMT:

-Zen

foxy2

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2002, 07:59:00 AM »
Zen
None of those transformations are possible.
Check TiHKAL and Rhodiums for synthesis procedures for your desired compounds.

The best route to 5meo-DIPT is thru your wallet.  Just buy it.

I hate my government, does this mean I'm a terrorist??

Zen

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2002, 09:49:00 AM »
I remember Shulgin claiming modification of the N group to be difficult. Why?  :(

Melatonin:

In Tikhal #37 he seems to do it with ease with melatonin. It seems adaptable, unless CH3 has an amazingly strong bond to the nitrogen versus melatonin's N group.

Now I'm sure the magic molecule fairy swapping around meth groups while tagging an O to the 5th position in one step is a stretch. But what's the inherent difficulty of binding something to different positions in this molecule?

Buy it? Where's the adventure in that?
Besides I spent all my current funding on a super cool soxhlet app.  ;)

Actually I'm interest in the conversion of N-dimethyltryptamine to N-diisopropyltryptamine to be applied to conversion of 4-HO-DMT to 4-HO-DIPT.  :)

-Zen

foxy2

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2002, 05:43:00 PM »
"But what's the inherent difficulty of binding something to different positions in this molecule?"

Depends on the position, depends on what you want to bind ect ect ect.
I would suggest immersing yourself in some of the online texts linked to in the Sticky Thread in the methods forum.

"Actually I'm interest in the conversion of N-dimethyltryptamine to N-diisopropyltryptamine to be applied to conversion of 4-HO-DMT to 4-HO-DIPT."

Sorry Zen, Those transformations are practically impossible and even if you did, the yeild would bee miniscule.  Your best bet is to start looking at different routes to 4-HO-DIPT.

foxy

sunlight

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2002, 01:01:00 AM »
I don't understand why you want to convert psilocin in 4 OH DIPT. Why ?

Zen

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2002, 10:59:00 AM »
The N-group of tryptamines often governs the disposition of the drugs effects. The N-IsoPropyl group causes CNS stimulation, while the N-Methyl group yields hallucinogenic effects. Accordingly N-DiIsoPropyl yields potent CNS stimulation meanwhile N-DiMethyl produces potent psychedelics. These effects can also be seen in 5-MeO-DIPT and 5-MeO-DMT.

The effects of 4-HO-DIPT, as claimed by Shulgin, reveals an extremely stimulating trip with soul moving yet not overwhelming psychedelic properties. It has a come on time similar to LSD except produces an “orgasmic” peak about an hour in that gradually rolls off into the 2-hour mark. At 3 hours subject is completely back to normal, typically without side effects or mental fatigue.

4-HO-DIPT may be one of the only substances that Shulgin proclaimed to be a possible Plus 4 on his rating scale.  

“If a drug (or technique or process) were ever to be discovered which would consistently produce a plus four experience in all human beings, it is conceivable that it would signal the ultimate evolution, and perhaps the end of, the human experiment. “ -Shulgin

Given, psilocybin is a powerful and wonderful drug to be appreciated in it’s own right, I think I’d prefer the profound thought invoking, orgasmic trip laced in rainbow halos over the unnerving, potentially vomitous, psychedelic worm fest that the magic fungus can produce.

I believe 4-HO-DIPT to be similar to a tryptamine version of MDA or MDMA at least in effect but not necessarily design. Since the trip has such a unique end state, I find the short time frame of effects to actually be beneficial. It gives you the chance to completely let go then manage to completely recollect yourself without the worry of not being able to deal with possibly stressful unexpected events.

I always ended up being the one who had to drive everyone home after mentally blaring nights of techno induced excess. It was in these times of aftermath that the possible benefits of short acting intoxicants, that could still pack enough wallop to get you thru a night of psychonautic exploration, became most appealing.

-Zen

foxy2

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2002, 11:24:00 AM »
Well 5meo-dipt is definately psychedelic!!
Maybee not to hallucinogenic.

Try mixing it with DPT, now thats what I call interesting!!!

Zen

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2002, 02:03:00 PM »
5-MeO-DIPT is considered to be an impressive aphrodisiac. Anyone care to relate parallels or significant differences in the comparison of effects between 5-MeO-DIPT to MDMA?

Perhaps if 4-HO-DIPT were thought of as a tryptamine equivalent to MDA, 5-MeO-DIPT would be a logical tryptamine equivalent to MDMA?

-Zen

Zen

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2002, 04:13:00 PM »
Yesterday one of the first reports I've seen of 5-MeO-DIPT
being past off as MDMA was posted to ecstasydata.org

Its a 256 mg pill 9 x 4 mm coming out of Oakland, CA.
The pill is pinkish white with an alien head on it.

-Zen

foxy2

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2002, 08:59:00 PM »
5meo-DIPT is nothing like MDMA.

And 4HO-DIPT the indole analog of MDA, LOL thats hilarious.

moo

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2002, 02:32:00 AM »
Zen, see the 4-AcO-DIPT reports on Erowid. I understood it the way that a ++++ trip had more to do with the one tripping than the substance itself. Please, don't get too excited.  :)

Tits

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2002, 03:38:00 AM »
RE:
Its a 256 mg pill 9 x 4 mm coming out of Oakland, CA.
The pill is pinkish white with an alien head on it.

Do you know what the active amount of DIPT was in it???

ANd YES, it is legal.. It is still considered a EXPERIMENTAL chemical of sorts and does not appear to have a potential for abuse according to the FDA..

I have purcased some a while back and to be honest.. it wasn't worth the $$  I will say it was interesting.. but a 6 pack of lagger and some dank beats that shit any day.. NOTHING LIKE MDMA.

Would you like to touch it?