Site > Harm Reduction Resources

new eu regulations

(1/2) > >>

likeiam:
dont know wether this is the appropriate subforum for this, but according to the rules, i still had to make one meaningfull post here, and I guess mentioning this might help a bee or 2 stay out of trouble with the law.

as of this march first, eu regulations make it illegal for any private individual to not only buy and sell, but also to own any annex I chemical in any concentration higher then the mentioned concentration, among these chemicals, most relevant to those not involved long enough in our hobby/line of work long enough to have developed a sense of keeping track of these things themselves as a personal protection mechanism would seem nitromethane and and hydrogen peroxide, but best to check out the whole list for yourself I guess.

as echa.europe.eu currently gives me some connection forbidden error, i can find a proper link to the full list right now, however, the following thread on sciencemadness contains quite some usefull information/:

https://www.sciencemadness.org/whisper/viewthread.php?tid=23212

Lipbalm:
Hydrogen peroxide??? You got to be kidding. Jesus christ, next thing they are going to start banning all solvents starting with water.

b6baddawg:
Suprising what both illegal and whats legal - depending on its 'sold for' purpose and the amount purchased.
Even the 'legal' purchases or possession can incriminate you if intent or conspiracy can be proved.

Tsathoggua:
In the UK, where Tsath is, at least speaking for england, the OTC situation  is now in the direst of straits.

To bee honest, the only result he can envision that would come from even attempting to get such a license, is if your not on the pig radar already then you will be.
Things are SO bad now, that simply ASKING for pool/spa chemicals in
 a local homebase/B&Q (forgot which, the two are so similar, and both have been used by Tsath in the past at some point in time), and in any case, finding out that none were available resulted in him getting his door rammed in at some stupid fucking hour in the morning by the filth. He had bought nothing else just then, bar a fast-food meal, and some innocent stuff, NaOH, NH3 solution (dilute, aq.), methylated spirit, the crap grade purple-dyed, pyridine-stinking garbage that he uses for such things as cleaning gunk off his music/videogame CDs/DVDs and possibly it was the time that he bought some ammonium sulfate from the garden center section.

Neither NaOH, dilute NH3 solution, or ammonium sulfate are in the slightest things that could be considered suspicious, but he had bought nothing online, and nothing aside from those items that was not an item of either food or beverage. But within days he got raided.

These days, Tsath is scared now, to buy ANYTHING at all if its something intended for scientific applications, with the sole exception of rubber tubing, from a great many stores.
He is too afraid to buy even the OTC 3, 6, or 9% H2O2, the only way he can get peroxide now is through a private individual seller who has their own chem supply business.

Both pot perm, and NaClO3 have completely gone now from the shelves. A few years ago they were to be had anywhere, now, not for any price, Neither of those are there to bought now.

To give you US/EU bees an idea of HOW bad things are, he recently had a local pharmacy refuse to sell him acetone. Yes, acetone, they were there on the shelves, in plain view. Tsath however called her on her bullshit, and pointed them out. He at that point wasn't sure if he was dealing with someone who had not seen the 'tone on the shelves, or if he was dealing 
a liar. Then she tried to refuse sale on the grounds that they were (all of them? yeah, right, bollocks they were!) out of date, yes, past their 'best before' date,and would thus be illegal to sell. Again, told them thats utter rubbish. Got the manager over to try and resolve things, at all times, Tsath had been polite, but persistent in refuting claims made that were based on spurious, or outright false grounds.

HE tried to spin toady a bullshite story about being unsafe after the 'best before' date, and could make people sick, be dangerous if a child got hold of it. And kept going with that, despite the fact that Tsath is not a child, he is nearly 30. And there are no children in the house, ever, at any point, there are none in the family, even, at all, and none who ever come

to the house either.  Tsath lost his patience then really, and ended up outright calling them on all that, for the lies they were. And then this idiot switched to 'its a solvent, we can't sell that'

Couldn't get his acetone there, and all this, was over, get this....one, lonely, SINGLE bottle containing a mere 50ml of 'tone.

'best before date', 'children'. Good god, the fucking piece of shit didn't even have the spine to be honest about it. Unbelievably rude, obstructive, utter cocknibbling whore, with her head so firmly implanted where the sun doesn't shine, motherfucking syphilitic faeces-mongering dog spawned twat, that given the lightest of stamps to the back of her worthless neck, she could poke her tongue through her cervix, and have the tip protrude from whatever greasy, foetid, festering environmental trainwreck of a reeking, diseased gash that in said tosspot, passes for genital organs.

And he's had similar treatment elsewhere, places that cannot have had a preformed opinion of Tsat, of his conduct/behaviour, intent, and by definition, ignorant of the uses he has
in mind for pretty much anything a clandestine biochemist could conceivably turn to their use.

Applying for such a license here in the UK? looks like the requirements are onerous enough that nobody is likely to be granted one. Need renewing every 3 years? thats likely IMO to lead to possibility of inspections if it WERE granted, and if refused, raids, on grounds so spurious that if legitimacy were to be viewed as a synonym of 'the moral high ground'
then lobbyists for Big Tobacco would be the most lauded, feted wonderful people upon the planet.

Its just a big flag with a target painted on it, for private scientists in any field to raise, to enable easier persecution of a greater number of targets.
Fuck that, Tsath would NEVER apply for one of these even had he never ever appeared on the radar of the filth. There is nothing good that can POSSIBLY  come of this.

Lipbalm...your not too far off the mark there actually. Tsath is always feeling envious of the way US bees can just walk into a hardware store, and walk out with toluene, xylene, halocarbon solvents....damn. Lucky. Actual decent naptha? lighter fuel is about as good as it gets OTC here, unless one wants really complex mixtures of high-boiling aliphatics and aromatics, often with a trace of alkyl halide (usually chloromethane or/and chloroethane present at between 2-5% or. The OTC sulfuric appears within last few months to have vanished, although now fuming hydrochloric is available, which really surprised Tsath, best he's seen prior to a few months ago was 16% aq, now bottles of really concentrated HCl have become available.

Lithium batteries again have triggered attempts at interrogations from hardware stores when buying more than 3-4 or  so, although these were brushed off as the unforgivable rudeness that they are, basically 'how DARE you treat a customer that way', or words to that effect.

Also, in pharmacies, those small 50ml bottles of 'tone, nobody will sell more than two at a time, some refuse to sell more than a single item. Usually saying some crap like 'because its the law', while of course, in no occasion, ever, has any one of them been able to tell Tsath WHAT law. only try the feeble 'errr.....because it...because it just IS'

Never buy anything like that, using a bank card, pay cash only. Tsath got raided after asking for pool chems at that hardware store, and buying other items on his card. How else could the filth have known who to abuse, or where to find them to do the abusing? nowhere.

Lipbalm:
That's fucking nuts. I can walk into a Home Depot (and I have) and put in my cart 6 gallons of Xylene, 4 gallons of Toluene, 2 gallons of Acetone, 6 gallons of %30 hcl, and then go up to the self-checkout, put a couple hundred dollar bills in the machine and roll out my cart without having ever even talked to an employee or have an employee even so much as look at me. Then it is over to Ace Hardware to grab a few bottles of %100 lye, and then to the liquor store to buy 195 proof vodka. And fuck if we want to talk about the internet then you can times everything by a 1000. I had no idea the Nazis have taken over Europe. So a few million young Muslim men are welcomed with open arms but you can't buy batteries or drain cleaner?? That's so fucked up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version