Author Topic: DMSO for O2 Wacker  (Read 3227 times)

Snakebyte

DMSO for O2 Wacker
« on: December 01, 2003, 08:23:00 PM »
Swim's preparing for his first O2 Wacker and has read every post on the subject he found.  Swim has everything but DMF so he is wondering about using DMSO as the solvent instead.  It seems other bees are insterested in that substitution as well but swim hasn't found any post of anybee actually dreaming about it.  Has VB, Rohdium, Krz, or any other bee dreamt of it with results to share?.....unless ofcourse, some bee could point swim in the direction of OTC DMF.

Antibody2

there used to be a proceedure for it on ...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 02:39:00 AM »
there used to be a proceedure for it on Rhodiums site - then it disappeared. i think

Snakebyte

Is that true Rhodium?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 08:22:00 PM »
Is that true Rhodium?  Was it a bullshit post or something?  I'd like your opinion on this anyway, pls.

Rhodium

DMSO wacker
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 09:27:00 PM »
I don't remember anything about that - didn't you find anything on this topic using "DMSO wacker" as TFSE keywords?

Snakebyte

I've read ALL posts
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2003, 09:26:00 PM »
I've read every post on the subject and only KrZ said that it will work but there wasn't any details.  If someone who wasn't you tried this procedure I believe they would have 2 questions...
1. Would they use the same ratio of DMSO as they would DMF by volume?

2.In both DMF O2 wackers posted on Rhodiums site the procedures use NA2SO4 as the drying agent.  Is there a particular reason for this or will MgSO4 work fine?

....any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Rhodium

use either sulfate
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2003, 11:04:00 PM »
MgSO4 is all right to use as a substitute. I don't know if any solvent volumes has to be adjusted though.

Terminator

Look at the Wacker patents.
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2003, 03:08:00 AM »
Look at the Wacker patents.