Author Topic: rotorary evaporator glassware set-up  (Read 1706 times)

wyndowlicker

rotorary evaporator glassware set-up
« on: April 07, 2003, 12:52:00 AM »
Does anybee know which condenser one would get for distillations the horizontal or vertical? :P

Barium

Both are equally effective but the vertical...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2003, 09:12:00 AM »
Both are equally effective but the vertical saves some space.

wyndowlicker

If you dont mind?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2003, 09:23:00 AM »
Just for the sake of knowledge is there any differences than the mounting here?So either will work for distilling off say DCM?Or maybee distilling sassy?  :P Seeing how my water bath wont get high enough for distilling MdP2P.This is a problem I need to boost my bath temps and trade out for Grape seed oil or silicone. :P

wyndowlicker

differances
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2003, 08:44:00 PM »
Can anyone help out with the pros and cons of each type?Im trying to make an informed decision. ;D  ;)  :P It will mainly bee used in distilling DCM from Ketone and distilling of Oils. :P

RoundBottom

no oil
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2003, 09:53:00 PM »
you won't be distilling any oil with most rotary evaportators.  they are mostly for stripping solvents and other LOW BOILING liquids.  the water bath can't go beyond 100°C, even with a vacuum, that's not enough to distill oil.

wyndowlicker

MY hero.
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2003, 07:32:00 PM »
Really now,what the fuck would we do without MAX? ;D Now thats the in depth info we need around here.Now how many others had valuable info like that?Oh And my pump pulls sassy over at 72C Hows about you?Its all in the vac.Not to mention top quality oil.I didnt believe it at first ,but everbee who uses the yellowjacket gets great results.Accept no immitations.Also how much castor oil is added to your oil?Mines water light.If I leave the jug sitting without shaking.A fine layer of residue is formed on the bottom.Leaving a honeyish color.Ketone at 103C on the money.That temp regulator.Its outa here! :P Also I will completely back up the whole idea of one quick distill of the ketone then a second to clean it up.I get that mess up to 4 or so on the plate.Hit it with the vac and swippppppp.It will seperate very nicely the first few times in minutes.Then you second distill runs smooth as a babys ass.No poly troubles.And my wields have reached 160ml as the high point.Otherwise the average was 120-130ml.Super omega distilling.Thanks VL. :P

Rhodium

"Buffer oil" is superstition
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2003, 10:29:00 PM »
Also how much castor oil is added to your oil?

Playing with "buffer oil", huh? See

Post 384955 (missing)

(Rhodium: "The added safflower oil does not do anything ...", Newbee Forum)
why you shouldn't.

wyndowlicker

Misunderstood!
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2003, 04:49:00 AM »
Ahhh!Not me I was refering to the oil thats out there that contains like %10 actual sassy oil the rest is who knows what. I think I have to contribute most of the success in keeping the BP low to the good yellow jacket pump.Its alot better than a aspirator unless you like them I suppose! :P  :P