Author Topic: the fridge compressor post  (Read 1818 times)

hellman

the fridge compressor post
« on: April 08, 2003, 02:43:00 AM »

hellman

maybee you should! I did, ;-)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2003, 05:09:00 AM »
maybee you should!
I did, ;)

THAT IS WHY I POSTED THE QUESTIONS!
-forget it,

hellman

here's what i have,,.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2003, 05:23:00 AM »
So i found this freezer, funny that,.
My problems are this,..
It has four active open copper tubes coming off,.
Since turning it on, what i can make out is that only two of them play a part in the role of sucking and blowing, the other two worry me,.
Two tubes stem from the upper region of the pot, in parallel, and the other two from the bottom, the larger of the upper ones is the vac, and the larger of the bottom tubes is the blow,
Should I just seal of the inactives, and continue on,.
what if these are the oil delivery lines or something.,

And then, are they're methods that you can use to slowly deliver the oil continuosly, if not is there a safe oil filling limit, (it's like looking into shroedrinders box), so that you can get a certain window for distillations,
And i am guessing a fan is ideal right,.?

I hope these questions are fresh,.

hellmontous

:-[

abolt

Hellman
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2003, 05:39:00 AM »
Just crimp the two copper hoses, that are of no use, closed.

Put an auto fuel filter in line on the Vacuum outlet to supress oil spray.

Chromic

Fives lines
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2003, 07:05:00 AM »
If I remember, there's a process line, a vac line, a pressure line and two oil circulating lines. Crimp the two circulating lines, seal the process line and use the vac line. IIRC, just simply suck oil into the pump until it spits out the air side to freshen it.

No advice on it seizing. I recommend you get a real robust pipe if that's your worry.

Rhodium

Did you read Post 429241 ?
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2003, 07:28:00 PM »
Did you read

Post 429241

(BillyBoy: "Refrigerator vacuum pump links", Chemicals & Equipment)
?

callen

Refrigerator Pump as Vacumn Pump
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2003, 05:21:00 AM »
Again, circa 1964... "The Scientific American book of Projects for the Amateur scientist", has an article that describes the construction of a He-Ne laser that requires the use of a DIY roughing pump utilizing a refrigerator compressor converted into a vacumn pump and also describes a mercury vapor aspirator DIY that is used to produce a vacumn of such a low presseure so as to allow electron flow experiments to be performed.

hellman

thankyou all!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2003, 05:20:00 AM »
Thankyou all very much,
Ever heard of the thin threads theory,?
It's like when you focus your mind on something that you really want, and almost as if from no-where, you find that item in the next week by serendipity,.
It's like your mind has these invisible feelers operating on an unconcious level, attracting these things that you really want,.

I just found on THE SIDE OF THE ROAD a 2 horsepower vac pump, with oil in pristine condition,.
FUCK!!!!
I am sure that this will pull safrole at anywhere from 50C to 100, I don't know alot about VAC MEASUREMENTS, but if it compresses to 100 psi in 3 seconds, i am sure i will get a good -psi( -13psi is roughly 27mm) pull,.
WOW,
I am amazed,.
Anybody want a excellent condition fridge pump,.?

hellman