Author Topic: The Hive back online at Erowid  (Read 29787 times)

Offline Macro69

• Anabolic Bee
  • Larvae
Re: The Hive back online at Erowid
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 08:37:17 PM »
as I added them the discussion declined, information was surpressed, rude unhelpful responses were more prevalent than actual helpful responses from many of the mods. 

Some of the mods were straight up elitist assholes.

I did really like no1uno a lot of the time, and Java of course - but it seemed lugh was the leader and often propagated some sort of behavior of posting a canned response that was less helpful than UTFSE. I mean, it wasn't horrible - but it wasn't good.

Site growth: https://www.thevespiary.org/talk/index.php?action=stats
2008: I created it at the end of 2008.
2009: Sedit joins and invites a bunch of people, he really helped get it started.
2010-2011: Its basically at it's prime, everyone is present but moderation is low and openness is high. Naf1 really stands out. I miss him, was a great guy.
2012: Naf1/German and all the Helional controversy begins, I create some hidden subforums for elite people (mistake on my end, for sure as it breeds suppression of information.
2013-2014: site is dying, I start to hate running it because of what it has become and I almost give it away.
2014-2015: I remove all mods, change it to being more open and more indexed - and growth restores back to how it was at its prime. This year is likely to yield 8050 posts from a recent low of 2,876 - the contrast would be even greater if we look the rate it is still growing, and when I made the changes.

Next year we'll probably hit 12,000 or so posts - and it all seems pretty good in quality/discussion and not much drama.

I been on many forums over the years, last few years have been lame until I stumbled on here, besides some private sites this is the only place I visit really anymore.  Thanks for keeping it going bro.

Offline Tungsten.Chromium

• Larvae
  • Before all else, Bee Safe!!!
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2015, 11:43:21 PM »
I been on many forums over the years, last few years have been lame until I stumbled on here, besides some private sites this is the only place I visit really anymore.  Thanks for keeping it going bro.

I want to second this. 

I literally dreamed about being a part of the hive back in the day and when a friend of mine recommended this forum I was ecstatic, even a little unbelieving at first.  An active clan chem forum with many bees who from what I have seen, are very helpful and friendly.  It seems like this site is great for those getting their feet wet as well as some of the more advanced techniques where as the-collective (from what I've heard), is only for those who already have a serious background with experience.  Each site is good for a different purpose.

I hope to see this site grow into the next hive and believe it will over time. 
"According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. It's wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway, because bees don't care what humans think is impossible."

Offline SubliminallyOveranalyzed

• Negative, distrustful, fearful or degrading attitudes towards others always work against the self
  • Subordinate Wasp
  • Death=Your inability2PerceiveEnergy transformation
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 01:30:35 AM »
One definitely thirds that motion, much props and thanks to any proprietors, contributors, and anything synonymous to them......

it's nice to have a home for a change..... particularly when one has been on the road  for a similar number of years like sub has......
being a hobo sucks after a while...........even with a good burn barrell and deserted alley!

Because to have equality, you have to give people the right to take from others.......and what happens is, A and B decide what we shall do for C and D,

Much appreciation Vesp, Elder bees, and everybody that helps make this little dungeon of ours' a home!!

"If a society first aims for equality, rather than liberty, it will end up with neither, and a society that aims first for liberty, will not end up with equality, but it will end up with a closer approach to equality than any other sytem that has ever been developed..........

Because following through the implications of aiming first at equality, it becomes clearer..........One can only aim at equality, when one gives some people the right to take things from others, and what ultimately happens, is that A and B decide what C shall do for D    ..............except that they take a little bit of a commission off on the way " ~~~Milton Friedman
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 02:12:39 AM by SubliminallyOveranalyzed »
You draw to yourself in this existence and in all others those qualities upon which you concentrate your attention. If you vividly concern yourself with the injustices you feel have been done you, then you attract more such experience, and if this goes on, then it will be mirrored in your next existence. It is true that in between lives there is "time" for understanding and contemplation.

Those who do not take advantage of such opportunities in this life often do not do so when it is over. Consciousness will expand. It will create. It will turn itself inside out to do so. But there is nothing outside of yourself that will force you to understand your issues or face them, now or after physical death.

The opportunity for development and knowledge is as present at this moment, in this life, as it will ever be. If you ignore day-by-day opportunities for development now, no one can force you to accept and utilize greater abilities after death, or between lives. The teachers are there in after-death experience, but there are also teachers here in your existence now.

If man paid more attention to his own subjective behavior, to those feelings of identification with nature that persistently arise, then half of the dictates of both the evolutionists and the creationists would automatically fall away, for they would appear nonsensical. It is not a matter of outlining a whole new series of methods that will allow you to increase your psychic abilities, or to remember your dreams, or to perform out-of-body gymnastics. It is rather a question or a matter of completely altering your approach to life, so that you no longer block out such natural spontaneous activity.

~Seth in TES9 (The Early Sessions Book9) by Jane Roberts - Session 510 - January 19 1970 (Seth is an energy personality essence no longer focused in physical reality for existence, as trance-channeled by author & medium Jane Roberts & her husband Robert Butts from Dec 1964 - Sep 1984 [Jane's Death])

Offline Lipbalm

• Donated!
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 01:37:54 AM »

I did really like no1uno a lot of the time, and Java of course - but it seemed lugh was the leader and often propagated some sort of behavior of posting a canned response that was less helpful than UTFSE. I mean, it wasn't horrible - but it wasn't good.

Site growth: https://www.thevespiary.org/talk/index.php?action=stats
2009: Sedit joins and invites a bunch of people, he really helped get it started.
2010-2011: Its basically at it's prime, everyone is present but moderation is low and openness is high. Naf1 really stands out. I miss him, was a great guy.
2012: Naf1/German and all the Helional controversy begins, I create some hidden subforums for elite people (mistake on my end, for sure as it breeds suppression of information.

This is all 2009. Those two had left the forum by 2011.
Any book you want for free:
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/

Any research paper you want for free:
sci-hub.cc

Offline Vesp

• Administrator
  • Founding Wasp
    • The Vespiary
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2015, 02:32:01 AM »
Jesus really? Okay got that backwards. Hard to remember. I need to look over it all again.
Vespiary Archive: https://anonfiles.com/LcP9E4Y9u6/backup-2021-12-01_zip

Bitcoin: 1VespJ7dUtwMmvz6oDsMFDzs18kML58UV

Monero: 423c1FAdzQKPQRZEnsK84vSff7M8hCZoR16dvBkzFev3PwEDpLhgneHYyscUgmyVtyXyjMgLjhpGiePKZks16iN95UwXUKk

Offline Lipbalm

• Donated!
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2015, 02:50:01 AM »
Jesus really? Okay got that backwards. Hard to remember. I need to look over it all again.

Sedit invited German from WD in early 2009. German came over bringing Naf1 with him as they were working on phenylalanine to meth together at the time. Shortly after joining German started with helional and Naf1 shortly followed. Naf1 then took helional into the public section and then shortly after he disappeared in late 2009 (most likely arrested). German then left a few short months later a month into 2010. So they both came and went in 2009. Then in beginning of 2010 the forum started to go downhill until it almost died circa 2012.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 02:55:40 AM by Lipbalm »

sci-hub.cc

Offline Moolybdenum

• gazing and grazing
  • Larvae
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2015, 03:09:38 AM »
I also think the hive should stay as read only.

If a response for these posts is coming, then one should just quote/new topic.

Glad to see this appear!

Offline Vesp

• Administrator
  • Founding Wasp
    • The Vespiary
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2015, 04:14:55 AM »
Not at all opposed to "freezing it".

Monero: 423c1FAdzQKPQRZEnsK84vSff7M8hCZoR16dvBkzFev3PwEDpLhgneHYyscUgmyVtyXyjMgLjhpGiePKZks16iN95UwXUKk

Offline Vesp

• Administrator
  • Founding Wasp
    • The Vespiary
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2015, 04:17:17 AM »

Sedit invited German from WD in early 2009. German came over bringing Naf1 with him as they were working on phenylalanine to meth together at the time. Shortly after joining German started with helional and Naf1 shortly followed. Naf1 then took helional into the public section and then shortly after he disappeared in late 2009 (most likely arrested). German then left a few short months later a month into 2010. So they both came and went in 2009. Then in beginning of 2010 the forum started to go downhill until it almost died circa 2012.

Yeah that sounds right.  I've talked to German a few times since, maybe that confused me and/or I'm just really pretty butthurt about the whole Naf1 situation. Used to talk to him a lot via Pm just about things.  Really smart really nice guy. Damn shame as to what happened, which I can only kinda figure out it was a raid and a pretty serious jail sentence. 

Offline Lilienthal

• Larvae
Please wait with crawling
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2015, 09:37:41 AM »
Please wait with crawling, we are thinking about a complete download package plus we are currently making the board easier to crawl, e.g. by implementing static links and non-redundant links for crawlers. Please check https://archive.erowid.org for announcements.

Offline ijontichy

• mascóns …
  • Pupae
Re: Please wait with crawling
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2015, 12:23:06 PM »
Please wait with crawling, we are thinking about a complete download package plus we are currently making the board easier to crawl, e.g. by implementing static links and non-redundant links for crawlers. Please check https://archive.erowid.org for announcements.

why should someone download a probably spiked huge database when he can access it and comment right on the spot here? Man, don't try to slip us a Mickey Finn. All of a sudden this archive is back online, and that's great, but in my opinion Vesp should continue what he's doing with the up-to-date implementation. I think is far more knowledgeable with encryption / PGP / security / VPN and all this shit than the-hive ever was.
if but for a single instant you could see this world of ours the way it really is—undoctored, unadulterated, uncensored—you would drop in your tracks!

Offline myhero

• The Tropaneologist
  • Dominant Wasp
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2015, 02:36:17 PM »
I believe the Hive archive should be kept as an archive and it should not be possible to register, post new things , add on to existing threads. If we do so there will be many versions of the hive archives sooner or later, while all the community wanted was just a single unified and complete version of the archive.

That's my opinion BTW.

Offline Vesp

• Administrator
  • Founding Wasp
    • The Vespiary
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2015, 04:20:41 PM »
Yeah I'm going to make this archive so it can't be commented on anymore, but still have it be easily quoted and posted in a new thread and searchable like it is currently.

Offline myhero

• The Tropaneologist
  • Dominant Wasp
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2015, 12:17:37 PM »
I believe if you close registrations and delete all new users and stop people from loggin in it should be fine

Offline Lipbalm

• Donated!
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2015, 05:45:55 PM »
I believe if you close registrations and delete all new users and stop people from loggin in it should be fine

Just delete everyone with less than 409 posts.

sci-hub.cc

Offline twoswords

• Larvae
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2015, 08:21:08 AM »
Thank you to all who made this possible.  :)
All the missing posts appear to bee there.
Aurelius p2p compilation for example.
It would be nice if the Rhodium and download links worked too.

Offline sophie7

• Tiktaktiktaktiktak
  • Dominant Wasp
  • Love been eating
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2015, 04:24:16 PM »
I have tried once put they ask for  cookies
some strange issue maybe?
str? prst skrz krk

Offline Tryptamine

• Larvae
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2015, 03:27:17 AM »
I've been robbed 2 times online.  Overgrow and thehive/synthetihkal. 

Offline twoswords

• Larvae
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2015, 04:06:30 AM »
I've been robbed 2 times online.  Overgrow and thehive/synthetihkal.

What did they rob from you?

Offline The Lone Stranger

• Dominant Wasp
  • THE SITE HERETIC and DEVILS ADVOCATE
    • YouTopia
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2015, 11:33:06 AM »
" I've been robbed 2 times online.  Overgrow and thehive/synthetihkal.   "

I'm not sure if i understand that ? What do you mean ? Are you the owner of the hive , synthetikal and overgrow ?

( I edited the humor out of the post because others dont share my sense of humor and i dont want to ofend anyone  . Sorry if anyone missunderstood my humor and felt / feels ofended )

« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 08:55:30 PM by The Lone Stranger »
“Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.” Albert Einstein