Author Topic: Just got my pill press can I temp. use asprins...  (Read 6389 times)

GaRtRoN

Re: Here is a PICTURE!!
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2002, 02:23:00 AM »
if i had a logo ingraved on the bar would that make a stamp... or on the bottom?

PoohBear4Ever

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2002, 02:30:00 AM »
What?

PB

Argox

Drug interaction
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2002, 02:46:00 AM »
This is an old thread, but since somebody has dragged it up again, I'll add that I just read in a pharaceutical textbook that lactose should be avoided as an excipient for tabletting amines, because amines will react with sugar.  The exact reaction is not mentioned, maybe somebody knows what it is.  Anyway, I would like to amend my post from last year on how to make tablets and recommend using just micro-crystalline cellulose and 3% magnesium stearate as only excipients when tabletting.  (I don't think stearic acid is necessary if enough mag stearate is used.)  A glidant might be also added, if using a machine and powder is sticking in hopper.  But 72% MCC and 3% mag stearate plus 25% active ingredient should do the trick--NOTE I can't absolutely guarantee this,  because SWIA don't make pills anymore, but I've a strong hunch it will work.

Anyway, heads up on lactose and amines.

Regards

sunlight

Re: Drug interaction
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2002, 03:05:00 AM »
I've mixed MDMA with sugar sometimes as a filler to make capsules, and after one year at roomp temp it seemed to be like the first day. I don't know exatly if there was any degradation, I didn't analyze them, but the biological assay was as it should be.

PoohBear4Ever

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2002, 03:38:00 AM »
Lactose...  Milk sugar?  Guess one should advoid dairy products too after ingestion of said substance...

PB

Chromic

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2002, 04:39:00 AM »
Lactose is easy to get (skim milk powder) and compresses very well (somewhat "sticky"). I doubt there's any reaction with MDMA or anything else someone would want to press. The true problem is getting a good press made out of precision drilled stainless steel. A design like this would be perfect for a single pill press:

Shown is a base, with a cylinder with a hole in it, and two small disks inside. The powder sits between the two disks, the rod comes down to push the pill together. This sort of thing is used all the time in the lab to make disks, but something similar and smaller would be handy for making the occassional pill.

PS. Yes, if you put a logo (in reverse) onto one of the disks or whatever, you'd get the logo stamped onto the pill.

pickler

Re: thanks for the asprin drug interaction warning
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2002, 05:39:00 AM »

http://www.thomaseng.com/tab_index.html

Now that's a pill press!!! Woah

We'll soon FIND OUT if I'm a chemist or not!

fierceness

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2002, 06:16:00 AM »
Go down to the meth lab down the street -- swim bets they have LOTS of filler and binder for you to use :)

Scooby_Doo

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2002, 10:01:00 AM »
Argox mate thank you, your post last year was most definitely much appreciated. It took SWIS form getting all sulky and turing into a footstomping sware bear to someone with a big grin.

Lovin your work!  ;D

Rhodium

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2002, 12:26:00 PM »

...with a capacity of 800,000 tablets per hour. Wow. Now we just need to find out how to synthesize 100kg of MDMA per hour to keep that monster busy.

PoohBear4Ever

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2002, 01:50:00 PM »
The "war" would definitely bee over then...

PB

UKBEE

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2002, 04:55:00 PM »
80Kg/H is enough for 100mg dose tablets... unless you want 125mg Doses 100kg/H...i reckon balls to the walls 140mg doses :-)

I love the smell of Ketone in the morning.

goiterjoe

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2002, 09:00:00 PM »
it might be easier to synth 200g of LSD in an hour. :)

If Pacman had influenced us, we'd run around dark rooms eating pills and listen to repetitive music

Rhodium

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2002, 02:06:00 AM »
I would get a stomach ulcer from synthing 200g LSD per hour 8h a day, 7 days a week...  ;)

goiterjoe

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2002, 04:46:00 AM »
too bad, cause you'd make enough money to send fractal to the best medical schools around and have her take care of you afterwards on your remote island.

You could synth 11.2kg of acid one day a week.  That might require a larger glovebox though.  ;)

If Pacman had influenced us, we'd run around dark rooms eating pills and listen to repetitive music

Rhodium

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2002, 07:14:00 AM »
There is a 10+ kg LSD synthesis (by Hofmann) reproduced in Tihkal somewhere...

William_Omblome

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2002, 08:51:00 AM »
That would really suck if you dropped the flask by accident.

When the elderly try to fuck around I break their hips.

Chromic

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2002, 11:33:00 AM »
I'd simply burn the house down if I dropped a flask like that. I don't think there's any other way to clean up a lab spill like that...

scarface

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2002, 05:12:00 PM »
how much do those little presses cost?

BLAZE-1-FOR-THE-NATION...

GaRtRoN

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2002, 01:21:00 AM »
what else would work as binder ... Use that little word up there: SEARCH. The board is snotfull with pill posts! LT/