Author Topic: Oregon Decriminalizes Possession of all Drugs  (Read 4145 times)

Offline Sawdust and Honey

• Founding Wasp
Re: Oregon Decriminalizes Possession of all Drugs
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 11:28:25 PM »
Great news for any American drug enthusiasts! Hopefully the war on drugs is in the eclipse of it's power.
End of the road. Nothing to do, no hope of things getting better.
Sounds like Saturday night at my house.

Offline ketosis

• Just some bee
  • Dominant Wasp
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 02:51:02 AM »
Wow. Wow. Just Wow.   Thank you CJ you are the first to bring this to my attention.

Does anyone remember when Portugal did this a while back, and a whole slew of countries you would not expect to do so, for a short while, announced a similar change?  Russia legalized < 1 gram of heroin and meth, < 25 grams of cannabis, < i think it was 1mg of LSD, haha.  Anyway that didn't last long there.  And then all the classic drug czar countries in south america had something similar going on, Bolivia, Colombia, not sure what happened there.  Not even sure if Portugal still maintains such a policy.

Damn, go Oregon.

Offline StuffedBee

• 🐝
  • Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 05:35:06 PM »
In portugal drug posession is not a criminal offense. They will confiscate drugs they find and they can fine you up to 150€ and withdraw some licenses. Still much better than in most other countries

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
  • circular pastry filled with hazelnut crime
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 07:00:24 PM »
Russia legalized < 1 gram of heroin and meth, < 25 grams of cannabis, < i think it was 1mg of LSD, haha. 
Never in russia, I'm sure you meant the czech republic.
I would suggest that you guys share information like it was the last day on Earth.  This information slowdown is all because of all that dumb unwillingness to share.  That is where the DEA is winning.  There goal is you not talking to each other.  Let the information flow.  I  promise we will always be 2 steps ahead of DEA chemists if we just keep sharing information
Real bees just hear the buzzing and it doesn´t ever stop. Ever.

Offline ketosis

• Just some bee
  • Dominant Wasp
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 06:05:04 AM »
Russia legalized < 1 gram of heroin and meth, < 25 grams of cannabis, < i think it was 1mg of LSD, haha. 

I couldn't have imagined this.  It was elaborated by the following reasoning, courtesy of mr. putin:
All too often our LE arrests simple drug users because they are afraid of. or are bribed by, the commercial scale mafia distributers.  For this reason very small amounts of the following drugs will now be decriminalized(still illegal, but via announcement of authority, not enforced)

It was a very short while before the policy was reversed.  Possibly ~2008.  I'll try to find an article about this.  But you may have heard of how their government is good at doing things like scrubbing smudges out of history.

Such policies seemed at odds with the spirit of the law. ''The will of the legislators was distorted,'' said Lev Levinson, head of New Drug Policy, a nongovernmental organization. Last year Mr. Putin signed a law amending drug-possession charges, allowing possession of up to 10 doses before risking imprisonment. This spring a special commission compiled a table of weights defining 10 doses of heroin as a gram. The threshold for cocaine is a gram and a half. For marijuana, it is 20 grams -- more than half an ounce.
https://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/13/world/russia-seeks-balance-in-drug-use-sentencing.html

https://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle-old/328/russia.shtml

2004 not 2008

Sure = low energy state.  non-reactive
confused/unstable due to contradictions = high energy state, time during which person as most likely to change their mind(or chemical is most likely to change its nature)
=P

BTW the the Czechs I  respect.  They are a bit snobby, I think purely due to a truly unique sound in their language that is a combination of three 'trilling' sounds.  My friend would demonstrate and i could not even come close.  Yes invaded occupied by the Soviets and turned satellite republic, they put up a lot of resistance.  I am of the kin of those that dared to openly protest against this invasion occupation, back in the 1960's

In portugal drug posession is not a criminal offense. They will confiscate drugs they find and they can fine you up to 150€ and withdraw some licenses. Still much better than in most other countries

But possession is defined by certain amounts, yes?   I've read the research studies showing graphs of various metrics of drug related harm, how for a short while it went up, and then steadily diminished falling far below the point it was at during the entirety of the time the drugs were criminal.  Same for Holland.  It's interesting to experience no just decriminalization but actual full on legalization of cannabis in the US.  Though that happened 12 years ago where I live, it's still a complete mess, the transition.  Definitely a lucrative opportunity if one knows any chemistry and is near by

merged your triple post - carl
Sorry! Didn't realize.  - keto   
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 11:59:20 AM by ketosis »

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
  • circular pastry filled with hazelnut crime
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2020, 07:37:07 AM »
You know we have an edit button, and that a higher post count will do nothing for you?
Double posts are usually disliked, but you are now doing it ALWAYS, even three in a row, like here.
Please stop that.
I would suggest that you guys share information like it was the last day on Earth.  This information slowdown is all because of all that dumb unwillingness to share.  That is where the DEA is winning.  There goal is you not talking to each other.  Let the information flow.  I  promise we will always be 2 steps ahead of DEA chemists if we just keep sharing information
Real bees just hear the buzzing and it doesn´t ever stop. Ever.

Offline ketosis

• Just some bee
  • Dominant Wasp
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2020, 11:57:53 AM »
You know we have an edit button, and that a higher post count will do nothing for you?
Double posts are usually disliked, but you are now doing it ALWAYS, even three in a row, like here.
Please stop that.

Indeed.  I well respect this rule.  But indeed, your statement is objectively incorrect:
https://www.thevespiary.org/talk/index.php?topic=13886.msg54198819#msg54198819
Every time stamp was an edit.  But, is it possible that like regular members, you are unable to see this after the edits are done?

It's implicit in your statement about post counts that I might be a member that behaves unethically or has hidden agendas.  Or posts nonsense and is a nuisance to the community. Nowhere do I hold such a reputation.

Lately I have been inspired to put a lot of hard work into raising my own level of scientific discipline as well as inspiring others to as well.  It always seemed like this was one of your highest priorities here as well.  If there's anything at all that's an issue please feel free to PM me.

Please let me know if there are any other rules or conventions I am breaking.  I was sincerely not aware of that one.