Author Topic: AET microwave synhtesis  (Read 4151 times)

onlynikud

AET microwave synhtesis
« on: September 21, 2004, 10:00:00 PM »
I found this in this forum:

I have a question regarding a possibly easy synth for AET. Here's Hest's microwave synth for AMT:

500mg indole-3-carboxaldehyde was mixed with 1g nitroethane and 50mg amm.acetate. The mixture was nuked with 150W for 2min, and then rextalised from methanol.
Yeald: >90%

Do you think using the same process but using nitropropane instead of nitroethane might result in AET rather than AMT? What would you come up with if you used nitrobutane or nitromethane?

answer:

...he reaction with nitropropane will work, yielding AET..

... AET would have a yield around 40%, and much less for APT, etc....

my (newbie) questions are:

1. Could I put three chemicals togheter, 500mg indole-3-carboxaldehyde, 1g nitropropane, 50mg amm.acetate, in a common glass then I nuke it with 150w in a common microwave and i get 40% AET

2. if i would get 40% AET, what could i do to make it ingestible, it is not necessary to get crystal or pure only it should not be poissonous and make me high

Lestat

I found a possible useful synthesis forĀ ...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 01:32:00 AM »
I found a possible useful synthesis for indole-3-carboxaldehyde via skatole (4-methylindole) using an enzyme from pseudomonas bacteria.

hest

Re: 1. Could I put three chemicals togheter,...
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 08:39:00 AM »

1. Could I put three chemicals togheter, 500mg indole-3-carboxaldehyde, 1g nitropropane, 50mg amm.acetate, in a common glass then I nuke it with 150w in a common microwave and i get 40% AET

I'm sure it will work
But you have to do som workup after, A/B ect.

Lestat

Starting from indole, methylation via MeI does
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 09:08:00 AM »
Starting from indole, methylation via MeI does its thing at the 3 position, then resulting 3-methylindole (skatole) is further attacked to produce 3,3-dimethylindolenine.

Is there any practical way to protect the skatole, ensuring attack ceased once that stage had been reached?

What about using either DMF or dimethyl sulfate, or bis(2-chloromethyl)sulfide (a methyl analogue of sulfur mustard) as the methylating agent?

SWIM has beecome really interested in this synthesis as of late you see :)

onlynikud

Extraction
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 10:19:00 PM »
3-idolaldehyde is to heavy for me to synthesize, but very interesting when i got more knowledge. but i do not believe that this Chem is watched?

does sombody have a exact and sure way, how to get the stuff, as powder or something else consumeble

hest

A-mt
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 10:21:00 AM »

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal48.shtml

Iff this is to hard to doo, just by the chemical from Aldric ect.

Trenchcoat

LAH and THF
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 11:14:00 AM »
Aren't LAH and THF difficult to obtain and even more difficult to work with for people with less-than-stellar labratory skills? Is such a one-pot-shot microwave synthesis of aMT possible or was that just speculation? I couldn't tell by the style of his writing.

hest

red
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2004, 11:18:00 AM »
You will produce the nitrostyrene, and yes you have to reduce this one with LAH.
I just asumed that he knew that, but your right, after reading the post again I'm in doubht.

starlight

AET is not easy
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2004, 11:25:00 AM »
The nitrobutene is hard to make in good yield, and the nitrobutane is pretty unstable to heat.

Post 514779

(starlight: "Satisfactory condensation method", Tryptamine Chemistry)

Post 515154

(starlight: "Sensitive molecule - beware", Tryptamine Chemistry)

if you are a beginner, I recommend you start with something else (most things here are easier than this).

onlynikud

i am not sure,
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

i got only the precursor "1-(3-indolyl)-2-nitrobutene-1"
but i need "3-(2-AMINOBUTYL)INDOLE"

hest

Yes
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2004, 02:28:00 PM »
Yes and this nice speciem you rextalise, and reduce with one of the manye wayes describet at the hive (LAH/NaBH4+PTC/NaBH4+Al/Zn AcOH) ect.