Author Topic: Dr Drool  (Read 3601 times)

think4yourself

Dr Drool
« on: May 09, 2004, 03:07:00 PM »
Would Dr drool's synth of mdma work without the pool pump but with an aspirator?

homeslice

pump is much more convenient
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 06:45:00 PM »
Swim found an aspirator to be more trouble than its worth with the vacuum fluctuating alot bc of water temp. Look into a ritchie yellow jacket pump. I think thats the most common and pretty cheap. But to answer your questions, yeah it would but the distillation of the ketone would be a lil more work.
I think ya might get more responses in the newbee forum with questions like this.

ApprenticeCook

hey homeslice, swim uses an aspirator and...
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 05:01:00 PM »
hey homeslice,
swim uses an aspirator and external pump (spa pump) and the water is in a 25L plastic container with ice to cool it heaps, pumps through the aspirator no problems.

With pool or spa pumps you have to make sure they hold a constant rate... some do change a bit and with aspirators thats a big problem...

homeslice

See when swim was using an aspirator a while...
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 06:42:00 PM »
See when swim was using an aspirator a while ago he was using a sump pump in the water to recirculate and it would heat the water really fast. Swim woulda spent 500 bucks on bags of ice by now.
Swim couldn't understand why the sassy would boil one second and the next second not boil at the same bath temp. It was just fluctuating vacuums because of fluctuating water temps. Of course that was a long time ago and since then swims performed numerous vac distills with his ritchie  :)

I guess its pretty much a preference.