Author Topic: Help!!!! ASAP!!!  (Read 4095 times)

rlltide

Help!!!! ASAP!!!
« on: April 11, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »

wareami

Distill...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 05:52:00 PM »

Osmium

Do an a/b, wash your product with an ...
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 06:46:00 PM »
Do an a/b, wash your product with an appropriate solvent, and also try to recrystallize it.

wareami

How Nice!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 08:27:00 PM »
If this bee is dealing with what is suspected, I'd love to see your approach in action!
An A/B is what put this bee in the situation he is in so please Inform me how an A/B will get him out of it?
I don't mind ratings at all...but you had better have your facts straight and backed up by personal experience before you ever classify any suggestions I make as misinforming!
Hence....I know what I'm talking about, having experienced it and the workarounds!
Have YOU?
Rextalization won't work if there are still anti-xtalling agents present!
Plain and simple.
Distilling will leave some nasties in solution allowing the M base to bee obtained by adding NP to the distillate, then either gassing or titrating will result in a product worthy of further refinement through rextalling.

SHORTY

Misinforming??
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 07:41:00 AM »
Considering Wareamis experience on this subject i don't see how he is misinforming anything.  Obviously an a/b had already been done and it obviously didn't work.  Ware just provided a possible cause and solution which will most likely work and i agree with his suggestion.

Osmium

> Obviously an a/b had already been done...
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 01:18:00 PM »
>  Obviously an a/b had already been done and it obviously didn't work.

That wasn't very obvious to me. Can you point out where rlltide said so?

Can someone also explain to me how you can distill oily meth hydrochloride without performing an A/B first? Or did ware tried to say STEAM DISTILLATION? It might be helpful to actually say so and use universally understandable words instead of this tweeker verbiage.

wareami

Got your "Tweeker Verbiage" right here.
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 05:46:00 PM »
:)
My understanding of STEAM distillation has always been that an external STEAM source was needed in STEAM distillation.
That being the case, I intentionally left the STEAM part out of the scenario!
Not because I'm adept in the art of "Tweeker Verbiage". ;)
I try to leave all the sophisticated ChemSpeak terminology up to you chemists!
Suggestioned solutions and guidance coming from this corner shouldn't be misjudged or ridiculed simply because, followed correctly, they can be successfully carried out by any fifth grader :o .
And least of all should they be misjudged as misinforming until proof is provided to discredit what was offered as a viable solution to the problem at hand.
My aim is to put that sophisticated terminology into working practices and laymans terms for the less fortunate, under-educated..."TWEEKERS"...as they are affectionately referred to as around here. :P
I can offer a separate "Verbiage" course next semester if you'd like to enroll(onthefloorlaughingyerfuckinassoff) ;D
But at the moment my attention is geared more toward those attempting to "Make The Grade"!
If I'd meant STEAM distillation, I'd have included that as a descriptive part of the setup needed.

Now I reference:
Distillation
Basic setup to distill at atmospheric pressure or under vacuum. This is often referred to as "simple distillation." If "fractional distillation" is required, air condenser 265318 is packed with stainless steel wool and inserted between the flask and connecting adapter.

http://www.wheatonsci.com/html/Distillation.html

Steam Distillation
An external source of steam is directed to the base of the flask. This can be from an additional boiling flask or a steam line at the bench. Apparatus is useful in isolating essential oils from natural products and can be an alternative to extraction procedures.

http://www.wheatonsci.com/html/SteamDistillation.html%5B/quote

]

A/B = hcl salt
Distillation = FB

That's the way I understand it.
Unless somehow, someware, I'd been misinformed by the chemists...

Now if you'd bee so kind as to strike that "misinforming rating" from my record, we can all carry on.
No hard feelings!

aztec

thanks for informing, wareami
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2004, 05:20:00 AM »
honestly! that distillation stuff always confuses me.

you're a peach. as for the kidz...well, you know that i love them too.  ;)

Omego_xx

surely a nonpolar boil and soak would be your...
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2004, 02:50:00 PM »
surely a nonpolar boil and soak would be your first step anyway

ChemoSabe

Acryligakk Whack
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2004, 06:30:00 PM »
If you got whacked by the latest acryligakk what you've got will posess characteristics of both the freebase and the salt and any solvent you use on it will steal from your yeild. Smell it and see if you can get a bit of that fishy freebase fragrance.

The stuff will eventually dry out from 12 to 48 hrs at about 85c but it won't be topnotch even when reXed.. it might dissolve fully in far less acetone than usual even before alcohol is added to a 2 solvent recryst.