Author Topic: First LWR  (Read 7652 times)

UncleFester

acrylic shit
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2004, 01:02:00 AM »
I've been playing with the acrylic amide polymer I use at my slaving dayjob. It's very similar to this Eudradgit crap(I hope I spelled the gak name right) that is added to pills. In water solution, Ferric chloride makes it just coagulate into little pieces. The volume of brown precipitated crap I mentioned earlier was using an amount of this polymer which is well beyond that found in pills. Seems that this general method works on that shit too. I'll have to try this on those new gas station ephedrine pills in a water extraction to see if it tames that swelling...free base sucking...won't extract crap...I saw using a waterless a/b. I tested the water left over from the ferric chloride whacking. I added enough plus about 20% to leave a yellow colored water after the polymer fell out. The remaining water had none of it's previous properties, which was to coagulate metal particles in water.
As to the greater gak resistance of the LWR method, if I had been forced to guess I would have said that they would be about equal since they both work by the same mechanism. Maybe the greater concentration of ingredients of the push pull is what makes it puke out first.
I've never tried a push pull because since I raise a couple of kids now, I have to make my felonies count. I thought there was little I could add to that area, and I would only consider sticking my neck out for novel methods with possible clandestine application, and of course checking out new pill formulations.

ChemoSabe

Good exploratory testing and general clue
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2004, 04:07:00 AM »
Thanks for that hot little news flash Fester. If I had even the basics of a real chem education I'm sure I'd immediately have a decent recognition of ferric chloride.

But as it really stands I'm now off to start my initial ferric chloride 101 overview and general studies.

It's also cool that you've got a job where making a little test of that nature might look to be a bonafide work related chore.  8)

popi

Lwr or???
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2004, 06:19:00 AM »

ChemoSabe

Brown Syrupy Aftermath?
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2004, 11:59:00 PM »
Popi did you mean that you ended up with a browninsh syrup at the end?

Swim's buddy does not know how to process that into completely clean gear. He claims that it seems to take 8 to 12 hours of decent heat to dry it well enough to scape up with razor and that it still seems to not quite be certain if it's an HCl or a mutated freebase with a chemical identity crisis.

Bad results so far in recryst attempts but swim heard of others with some limited success with it.

Smoking/vaporising this end product leans towards bronchoconstriction or what would be an asthmatic effect as opposed to clean gear which has the revese effect from this and instead has a physiological effect of bronchodilation. Therefore don't be huffing vapor or smoke from this unclean and not well understood mutated molecularization. You'll bee huffing an acrylic plastic. Not in any way good for ones health.

Oral ingestion should not be a problem 'cause it's source is from an orally ingested OTC product. Irritation seems higher than usual to nasal mucosa so a caution warning would remain on that route of administration. As usual oral ingestion ranks at #1 as all around recommendations would go.

Stuff has strong kick but gets tweaky over the long haul and no way near top notch in quality. But, as usual, remains superior to much of the garbage sold in the idiotic street trade.

Initial yeild - 7g from a 18.5g of precursor.
That's a full quarter oz. but it's still not even a 50% final yeild. So no prize won here on yeilds.

There's a silent but huge and growing epidemic that has now hit to the heart of US chef land. And it's hit hardest among those who don't have a clue about the Hive.

Not a better thing could have been done to help the Mexican Mafie to gain a near stranglehold on the US market. Almost as if NAFTA is behind this. I have no doudt that the MM is in some form of celebratory mode.

PS. the hard-to-dry titration fluid can take up to 48 hours to fully dry (on a quite hot heat too)

PS2- Geoculturual symptoms to watch for - Both cooks and their customers are both sleepier and grouchier (maybe even crankier) than usual - high school aged mexicans driving mercedes benz through the bad parts of town