Author Topic: The Secret behind Potency of Meth  (Read 60821 times)

LoW_JacK

????
« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2003, 02:32:00 PM »

That's what happened to the A/B at the end of the reaction which once used to be standard procedure

What happened to the A/B Os ? I dont get what your saying about the A/B getting fucked up by idiots or sumfin?

Please explain just this. The rest of the write up needs no explanation.

Osmium

> What happened to the A/B Os ?
« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2003, 03:30:00 PM »
> What happened to the A/B Os ?

A few years ago some people stopped doing the A/B after a reaction. Either the concept was way over their heads, or they thought that it reduces their yields, or whatever. Maybe they liked peanut butter meth. Or maybe they thought that meth without an odor isn't meth.

simonsays7

What are your thoughts
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2003, 07:43:00 PM »
on after the red has been filtered and solvent washes to base with sodium carbonate?  Add your fav non polar and then
put this on the side, holding the psudo in it. 

Then using lye to base out the meth and process as usual.

Produce suda free meth?

Your opinions welcome.

SHORTY

I have often wondered....
« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2003, 08:10:00 PM »
Is it possible to have meth and psuedo in the post rxn solution?  I mean if the rxn has progressed far enough to actually start producing meth then wouldn't the unreduced portion bee iodio something?  Anybee know what ph is required to base iodio??????. 

My guess is that iodio????? is quite similar to meth.  This is because i have never had any success steam distilling pseudo but I always get something when i steam distill the post rxn solution.  However, I have definetly gotten some shitty product from this process in the past and although it didn't smell like or burn like pseudo, it wasn't meth either.  Hope this makes sense.

adnagi

What is the best Condenser for reflux RP/I ?
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2003, 09:59:00 PM »
What is the best Condenser for reflux RP/I ??
Simple condenser !
balls condenser!
or serpentine condenser !

simonsays7

I agree Shorty
« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2003, 10:02:00 PM »
A past cook yielded a street like product, so determined to make it as good as it can be recrystalizations commensed.  After cleaning the heck out of it it smelled like psudo instead of nothing like it should.  The stuff did have a kick but not what SWIS is looking for.

geezmeister

meth/pseudo
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2003, 11:15:00 PM »
You can have both meth and pseudo in the same batch. Never assume that the reaction proceeds in a formal, precise manner of reducing all the pseudoephedrine to an intermediate before reducing any of the intermediate to meth, then to methamphetamine. A good deal of pseudo will be reduced to an intermediate right at the start of the reaction. Part of that intermediate will be reduced to methamphetamine very early on, as early as fifteen to twenty minutes into the actual reaction. You may encounter the product of reactions that ran for as little as twenty minutes which contain appreciable levels of methamphetamine, and  which will keep you awake for a considerable time if you do enough. These will usually include a little bit of pseudo, and a good portion of intermediates. I find these batches, regardless of how clean the pseudo, to be prone to cause jaw clenching.

In my experience the pseudo is most often found in reactions that were insufficient from the start in HI. This usually will be the case where the red phosphorous was inadequate to produce enough HI to reduce all of the pseudo to an intermediate. It also happens with insufficient I2. This is common with lower quality red phosphorous, or "tired" mbrp that is more glass and trash than phosphorous. It can happen with recycled I2 that is not resublimed, or with too-wet I2 from tinc whose weight is not adjusted to compensate for the moisture content.  Loss of HI in gas form at the start would have much the same result. These reactions may have some  reduction to methamphetamine, but will have a good portion of unreduced pseudoephedrine, and more intermediates. If the shortage of either of Iodine or phosphorous is pronounced, you may have nothing but pseudo and a little intermediate. In reactions which commenced with sufficient precursors to complete, but which failed because of leaks, or gakks coating the phosphorous preventing recycling, it is more common to find intermediates and little if any pseudoepehdrine, as the the HI was present for a sufficient time to at least complete the first reduction. It did not complete because the HI fell too low during the reaction itself as the red got dirty and was ineffective to cause the I2 to be recycled.  The HI level falls too low to drive the second reduction, although the first reduction is very close to complete.

When one finds pseudo in large percentages in the final product, the reaction was doomed from the start, as it never had sufficient HI to complete. Most incomplete reactions that contain intermediates but no noticeable pseudo suggest a mid-reaction failure from an otherwise sufficient inital soup. 

Or that is how I have it figured, for what its worth.

SHORTY

I agree
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2003, 11:39:00 PM »
I have also found that jaw clenching meth is produced when cooking a hypo rxn too hot.  I now just add the iodine to the hypo while constantly swirling the flask stopping only to add the iodine which is divided into 4-8 portions depending on the size of the rxn.  No ice bath is used and no HI escapes except for sometimes a little escapes after adding the last of the iodine.  But if swirling is not constant it will defenitly escape and i mean it will fill the entire room with smoke.  The temp will get up to 60C at most.  After all the iodine is dissolved i then add the psuedo and heat gently until the bubbling just barely starts.  The heat is then very gently increased whenever activity slows with the final temp after 2 hours cooking time being 125-130C.  I have found this to bee the most consistent method for me.  Before this it was always a hit and miss situation with the jaw clenching meth randomly being the result. 

Hey geez, did ya check out that pdf on rp.  It answered alot of those little questions i used to have about rp.

java

Re: Secret behind potency of Meth
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2003, 11:53:00 PM »
Smooth, has been the yield of  meth via chloroephedrine  through Catalytic hydrogenation. The solvent and product after hydrogenation is clear as water.....and the yield is pure snow rocks....and TLC is 95%  most of the time Meth ,with occasional unreacted chloroephedrine which can be corrected with an additional hydrogenation and fresh Pd/C....java

Jacked

Swim has reported an increase in yield over a...
« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2003, 12:08:00 PM »
Swim has reported an increase in yield over a period of 6 months doing a long reflux to be in the area of 240 grams that he would not have seen doing a quick reaction... Shit, His ass needs to settle down.

geezmeister

better yields
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2003, 03:33:00 PM »
Ahh! The man comments on yields from the reflux! I agree with your observations, across the board, yields have been better. I also noticed that recrystalizing resulted in less loss of weight than before, which I assumed was a matter of the initial yield being purer than I was otherwise accustomed to obtaining.

I have accepted the long reflux times as a matter of the philosophy of the cook itself and no longer have any qualms about the time at all. I am still amazed that one can pretty much set it and forget it for a couple of days and return to great yeilds and fine quality. Something in the back of the mind nags and says it shouldn't be that easy...but it is.

wareami

Howl-A-Mutha-Fuckin-Loo-Yaaaaa!!!!!! :•þ
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2003, 12:29:00 AM »

Swim has reported an increase in yield

The 2nd happiest of daze in Ibeeware's life as a bee!

IWare

Peace of the reaction

Have FUN-Bee SAFE

ChemoSabe

Fluxtimes
« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2003, 02:30:00 AM »
How long iz youz beez fluxin' theeze daze?

While snoozing, 24 hours has become swimz buddiez standard flux dreamtime as it has proved to bee higher yeilding than his previous 12hr sessions.

Are you doing 3 day fluxers Geeze?

Also, does anyone know if a hot plate sucks down a lot of electrical power?

wareami

Temp is crucial to speed-E-delivery
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2003, 03:58:00 AM »
Ibee still has the coffee maker that was notorious for the 3 dayers!
Temp was never measured inside rxn but it keeps h2o at a constant 90°C.

For eyetype hot plates that are ajustable, Ibee finds a setting of between 5-6 on a scale of ten suitable for a 30hr cook in an oilbath! The KIDZ don't use them anymore because of the exposed element and the fire risk.
Ibee also woks around some on an old farberware stainless steel jobbie that he uses for oilbath because it has a temp range between 100°F and 500°F. Warm, Cook, and Fry settings!
The 24hr cooks get set on 195°F in the oil bath wok!
All others GO for 30-36hrs on the directheat 90°C coffeemaker.
The water to reactant ratio plays a large role as well.
But bees all know this.
Don't they??? :•þ
Peace of the reaction

Have FUN-Bee SAFE

geezmeister

Afraid to ask....
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2003, 04:18:00 PM »
I'm AFRAID to ask what Ware's HAPPIEST day was!

I have gotten in the habit of doing the reaction during the week, like starting it on Tuesday and just letting it run for a couple of days. I like to run at least 36 hours, but 48 doesn't bother me at all. I will start the reaction, check it the next evening, then go begin the post-reaction workup on the next evening. That way everyone has fresh diamonds on Friday night...and Geez is not working weekends anymore....which he likes. Its not like the reaction is not checked in on more often than that... I have a fellow who changes the water in the ice chest when it get warm, although its never really been critical. I don't have to do it. I've had one reaction where the water pump quite working for a time, and the balloon swelled up considerably, but the apprentice caught the situation and the reaction completed without any problem.

Jacked...that's a nice improvement in profit margin, is it not?

wareami

Wound Crisp!
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2003, 05:34:00 PM »
Anxiety and Anticipation have long been an obstacle for Ibee! Ego and Humility seldom float in the same boat, harmoaniously, on the same voyage. One or the other is destined to bee forced to walk the plank.
Humility, being the most timid, usually gives in to Ego much like Impatience usually caves in to the constant whining of Anxiety and Anticipation.
The third happiest day in Ibee's life as a bee, was actually  15 separate daze! "Failure Daze" as The Kidz affectionately refer to them!
Without them, he'd have never had the pleasure of learning what "Patience" IS! The School of hardknocks way! And he'd have taken the words "Tighten UP" Completely out of context!
Tenacity and a willingness to adjust is a must in this ever mind expanding field!
Ibee still strives to "Tighten UP at every quarter turn. But there really isn't much more to tighten as he's wound tighter than an E-String tooned two octaves HIGH! :P
The entertainer in Ibee revels in others delight.
That's Why He's Hear!
It's that simple!
Okay Okay...I know the suspence is Killin ya...for those that don't know what Ibee's happiest day was!
Ibee and The KIDZ are confident that many more consecutive Happ-E-ist daze will follow weather they're around to witness them or not!

Post 437583 (missing)

(wareami: "Rates, times and heat of rxn", Stimulants)

It's been written....
"~Just Wing It~"
Tighten UP!
Peace of the reaction

Have FUN-Bee SAFE

geezmeister

Glad to have been a part
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2003, 05:41:00 PM »
I'm glad to have been a part of your best day!

simonsays7

Out of curiosity
« Reply #157 on: July 26, 2003, 09:47:00 PM »
Swis had about 3 grams of good saleable but not quite the (horney) meth that swis had been making.  So this clean product was based with washing soda.  The Xylene from the sodium carbonate base was set aside.  The lower layer received lye a slight milky cloud was noticed (easily could have been the lye).  The usual work up
produced 2.25 grams from the sodium carbonate Xylene.  .40 from the lye Xylene.
The lye Xylene was the clear thinking non tired (horney) meth that is desired.  The sodium Carbonate meth improved slightly as well....

Swis will do this base procedure the next cook and report the results.

newworldorder

christ on a cross
« Reply #158 on: August 09, 2003, 12:51:00 PM »

Phlegm

I still can't believe you people are doing...
« Reply #159 on: August 20, 2003, 09:02:00 AM »
I still can't believe you people are doing these insanely long incubations that serve no purpose whatever except to maybe burn the the place down because of the extended nontended periods or to get you sent to prison because you've got your ass hanging out there exposed way longer than it needs to be.