Author Topic: Push-Pull Reaction Vessel?  (Read 2604 times)

BritneySpears

Push-Pull Reaction Vessel?
« on: March 01, 2004, 07:28:00 PM »

Stonium

YO!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 08:36:00 PM »

Post 309268

(Rhodium: "Meth related posts go in the STIMULANTS forum!", Newbee Forum)

livid

re: getto-ware
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 01:48:00 AM »
test your whole set-up w/h2o, and see if it can handle the heat. not just your reaction vessel, all your hoses, push-pull tanks, whatever you use. there is no feeling in the world like sourcing and extracting your ass off, getting ready for that special event, and have your set-up fail. all you bees know what i'm talking about.

ChemoSabe

Safety & expected results
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 03:21:00 AM »
The fact that a wine bottle has no outlet nipple might actually be an advantage considering potential leaks but the fact that it's a wine bottle in the first place is not an advantage in my opinion.

I'm still not sure why all these early guys liked to use filter flasks for reaction flasks as I don't think filter flasks are designed for that purpose.

Swims druthers would be freestanding FB Rounds or erlenmeyers with 24/40 necks. After swims fire he fully swore off use of any ghetto gear due to a wish to continue living.

And if you really expect some results be sure to read up on the long wet reflux reactions.

morpheus

Problems with wine bottle
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 12:27:00 PM »
Usually if you look at the bottom of it,it curves up(concave).Preferably you would like a round bottom like a flask has.Precursers get stuck on the high point and all the reducing is going on in the edges.Doing a dry cook
may not bee that bad.A long wet reflux would be a bitch.