Author Topic: New Straight to E -- a novel extraction tech.  (Read 68611 times)

spark

STE utter failure
« Reply #240 on: April 20, 2004, 08:11:00 AM »
SWIM was daydreaming bout this and the following kept invading his mind...

1) In making the extraction solution w/oven dried epsom salts, the mixture stayed cloudy, even after an hour of waiting.

2) Even through all three boils, the pills he thought would be used (generic 96x30s) never fully disintegrated. The red never even washed off of some.

Would this be because the extraction solution wasn't good?

perplexing.... I mean SWIM expected that this wouldn't be a complete nightmare.... but live and learn, and hopefully someone could provide some insight I could pass on to him....

DrLucifer

Paracetamol.
« Reply #241 on: April 20, 2004, 11:18:00 AM »
Since the SE is out of commission, this seems like an appropriate place to post swims new dilemma.
Unfortunately for swim, his sister has let him down whilst pill collecting, despite an extensive *crash course*.
So now swim regretfully has...
40 x 30mg Pfed HCl, Paracetamol 500mg
28 x 30mg Pfed, 500mg paracetamol, 1.25mg tripolidine HCl.
These are in the form of aqua *caplets*. Pharmaceutical slang for capsule shaped tablets i imagine!  :)
Swim also has 24x 30mg Pfed HCl, 200mg Ibuprofen.
Now the 21yo pretty (dumb) blonde sister has received a thorough spray and she now sees where she went wrong  ::)
Swim is worried about the aqua caplets because they give that gaak impression. Swim hasnt looked up inactives yet, but they are the old faithful red brand, just the wrong formulation.
Now swim generally uses the procedure outlined in the "waterless a/b" with a few solvent variations.
Lets say swim has his freebase saturated xylene and is preparing to wash with water.
If he did a few ICE COLD water washes, on top of the regular washes, do you think that would remove most of the paracetamol from the np?
If not then swim would like to know if anybody has had success removing paracetamol using a variation of the *published* extractions in circulation.
Now swim thinks he will try and return the ibuprofen pills, but just in case, he will look into its solubility info.
Apart from that, swim hasnt had the pleasure of meeting Orange gaak yet, but he thinks that it may be present in these tablet forumlations. I dunno, i guess i'll soon see!!

alkadelic

i was wondering if you could use the denatured
« Reply #242 on: April 30, 2004, 09:09:00 PM »
i was wondering if you could use the denatured alcohol, for amination? ive heard its the same as methanol, is this true?just want to make sure...

ChemoSabe

Usually it's ethanol w/methanol as denaturant
« Reply #243 on: May 01, 2004, 12:52:00 AM »
But wait for a few more responses to be sure

auntyjack

denaturants
« Reply #244 on: May 01, 2004, 06:00:00 AM »
amongst other things they put this crap in methylated spirits....

Denatonium Benzoate
BENZENEMETHANAMIUM,
N -(2-((2,6-DIMETHYLPHENYL)AMINO) -2-OXOETHYL)-N,
N, - DIETHYL-, BENZOATE; AMMONIUM,
BENZYLDIETHYL ((2,6-XYLYCARBAMOYL) METHYL),
BENZYLDIETHYL ((2,6-XYLYLCARBAMOYL) METHYL) AMMONIUM BENZOATE;
N- (2- ((2,6-DIMETHYLPHENYL) AMINO)-2-OXOETHYL-N,N, -DIETHYL- BENZENEMETHANAMINIUM BENZOATE;
LIGNOCAINE BENZYL BENZOATE;
C28H34N2O3; OHS71072; RTECS BO6650000

Chemical
family Carboxylic acids

Physical & chemical properties

Physical state
Solid
Color  White
Physical form Crystalline powder
Odour  Odourless
Tase Bitter taste
Molecular weight 446.57
Molecular formula C21-H29-N2-0.C7-H5-02
Boiling point Not applicable
Melting point 331-338 F(166-170 C)
Vapour pressure Not applicable
Vapour density(air=1) Not applicable 
Specific gravity (water = 1)  *

Stability & reactivity

Reactivity
Stable at normal temperature and pressure.
Conditions to avoid Avoid heat, flames, sparks and other sources of ignition.
Avoid contact with incompatible material

Incompatibilities Oxidizing materials
DENATONIUM BENZOATE:
OXIDIZERS (STRONG): Fire and explosion hazard.
Harzardous decompositions Thermal decomposition products: oxides of carbon
Polymerization Will not polymerize

ChemoSabe

That Whacked Smell
« Reply #245 on: May 01, 2004, 06:56:00 AM »
What the hell is that whacked smell that most denatured alc has to it?

The sickly perfumy one. That can't just bee methanol or the supposedly odorless substance mentioned above.

auntyjack

smell
« Reply #246 on: May 01, 2004, 06:41:00 PM »
there's also some ethyl ketone thingo they use....would that be the smelly one?....hang on...i'll try and find it...

got it..... that was methyl isobutyl ketone....what the heck is that?

Red_Crown

denaturant
« Reply #247 on: May 02, 2004, 12:31:00 AM »
it's the denaturant -as in, one of the things that makes it undrinkable.   otherwise it would be taxed to shit and cost $30 for a 1 L can of it.     to be proper, it's not really "denatured"..

dirtybird

Swim can only get a temp of 100c is this ok?
« Reply #248 on: June 12, 2004, 04:26:00 PM »
Swim can only get a temp of 100c is this ok? If so, must Swim add an additional minute or two?

barkingburro

in swibbs experience
« Reply #249 on: June 12, 2004, 05:21:00 PM »
it is very neccesary to reach 105C. swibb even takes the temp to almost 110C. 105C seems to be the breaking point of the gaak as well as the point at which all the alcohol and most of the residual water are gone. swibb has seen a marked diference in yield and quality going any amount lower than 105. swibb goes to ~110 to compensate for temp differential top to bottom and to keep the temp 105 or higher once it is removed from the heat and hits the funnel. quality has suffered when the temp starts dropping while filtering.

dirtybird

Is the 105c temp suppose to be the temp inside
« Reply #250 on: June 12, 2004, 05:42:00 PM »
Is the 105c temp suppose to be the temp inside the flask or the temp outside the flask for the oil bath?
And if Swim has no other option to the 105c temp needed; is it recommended to try it at 100c anyway because it can work, it will just take a little longer or go for a different method to make this happen?

barkingburro

oil bath? flask?
« Reply #251 on: June 12, 2004, 05:52:00 PM »
no offense dude, but what the hell do you mean?? there is no flask nor an oil bath for a straight to e pill clean. did you post in the right thread? and even if it was an rxn you were spekaing of then the answer is stil no 100C is not high enough.

the temp is measured from inside the BEAKER that is being heated from your HOTPLATE. and the temp needs to be 105-110C measured from the INSIDE. got it?

dirtybird

Sorry, meant beaker not flask and the bath was
« Reply #252 on: June 12, 2004, 07:44:00 PM »
Sorry, meant beaker not flask and the oil bath was a question for a diffrent part of the dream. Swim can see where you would be like what the hell.

dirtybird

Can the beaker for the STE be Stainless Steel?
« Reply #253 on: June 13, 2004, 12:06:00 AM »
Can the beaker that is used for the extraction liquid be a Stainless steel beaker? And If not, can Swim use a pyrex dish that is placed directly on a cast iron hot plate?

spinhead69

please?
« Reply #254 on: June 20, 2004, 04:14:00 AM »
geez geez no faith! want me to mail you some? if you wash the crushed pills with solvent first it works. any way lets get down to the real shit here. good ol meth is easy to make when can we start on the ergotamine or however the fuck you spell it. yer smart eh? watcha think of festers practical lsd book? would you use it?

Drug_Phreak

Fuck!
« Reply #255 on: July 30, 2004, 09:44:00 PM »
SWINM is down in the dumps because they just wasted a decent amount of feed trying this.  :(  SWINM obtained nice crystals of P-Fed, but a little bit after basing the honey oil three layers formed in the funnel. The top was a very thin yellow oil with whitish precipitate in it, the middle looked like pink water, and the bottom layer looked like dark yellow cloudy water. After a few good shakes of the funnel the middle layer turned clear as water and had white precipitate in it... the top and bottom layers still looked the same. Have any other bees experienced this when going this route? What kind of gakk is this? SWINM is tired of the whole pill game and is probably gonna start extracting E from Ma Huang.

The pills that where used are non-generic and had 4 mg of Chlorpheniramine maleate and 60 mg of Pseudoephedrine HCl per pill. The pills also contain lactose, magnesium stearate, potato starch, and povidone. And obviously a shitload of gakk not listed on the box of course.  :(

evilscripter69

Povidone + gakk for sure
« Reply #256 on: July 31, 2004, 04:45:00 AM »
STE was great for a while, SWIM uses it to recrystallize as a final step nowdays.
Follow this thread

Post 499089 (missing)

(UncleFester: "deconstructionist thought", Stimulants)
SWIM's area has been overrun with major GAKK, and he has recently started to beat the pill fuckers once again, Dont know about the rest of the bees here. SWIM just heard about an overabundance of RP here, might have something to do with this gakk problem, orange plastic doesnt smoke well at all.

ChemoSabe

BarkingBurro - King of the 60's
« Reply #257 on: July 31, 2004, 07:30:00 AM »
also, considering the pills you used, check out this thread

Post 519424

(barkingburro: "70% plus yield, clean p/fed is still possible", Stimulants)

evilscripter69

Chemo... tried that already
« Reply #258 on: July 31, 2004, 07:36:00 AM »
failed miserably. Maybe different 60's ? these came from the bullseye, lowest shelf. SWIM just did some with KOH very rcently with good results, THANKS

Drug_Phreak

Thanks for the info. SWINM wanted to try that...
« Reply #259 on: July 31, 2004, 12:54:00 PM »
Thanks for the info. SWINM wanted to try that new Fester KOH pull, but was kind of in a rush because other people would be coming back from a trip soon so there was no time to order KOH and none of the soap making places that SWINM checked at had it. SWINM needs to get a shitload of pills and do this KOH pull before they come up with some space aged gakk. After trying this SWINM is going to try and get their E from Ephedra from now on. I wonder why more Bees don't try to extract from Ma Huang. I know it's only a mater of time before Mother Nature itself is List 1, but its way harder to control a plant. Anyone that lives near a Chinese area shouldn't have a problem getting it. I've seen it in a lot health food stores too (the bulk herb.. not the pills). I remember Fester saying that he couldn't get it where he lives. Someone should send him some so he can work on a Ma Huang extraction for his next book. The one on Rhodium's site involves boiling ether. I rather not do that because I'll probably kill myself... lol.  ;D