Author Topic: New Straight to E -- a novel extraction tech.  (Read 68946 times)

SHORTY

joe420,
« Reply #180 on: September 04, 2003, 07:20:00 PM »
Sounds to me like you might have had the hotplate turned up too high.  When the hotplate is too hot the last of the alcohol boils off too fast and the pseudo either sticks to the bottom of the flask or clumps together as you described.  Allowing it to boil off slower gives it time to form little needles.

joe420

THEN WHAT IS IT?
« Reply #181 on: September 04, 2003, 10:45:00 PM »
this stuff is not what i want it is some kinda new gakk?
maybe thats why they where in a 1.00 store here
hmm
tried everything to clean up thid fluff and nothing even upon cooling ....

ok also swim tried 10 packs of same brand with str8 to b and upon cooling of the vm&p naphtha i have nothing !

oh well the source of these lil bitches was asking too many questions last buy so oh well ....

unionpacific

sars
« Reply #182 on: September 05, 2003, 03:03:00 AM »
"oh well the source of these lil bitches was asking too many questions last buy so oh well .... "

Whats your excuse for buying 10 boxes of cold medicine?
I'd love to hear it.

joe420

sure
« Reply #183 on: September 05, 2003, 03:56:00 AM »
ok no prob maybe a lil creative thought might help ya

I told the manger of the store that i buy and sell stuff at flea markets and also bought 20.00 of razors and hair gel [ both of which i will use anyway ]
He laughed when i told him that i resold all the cold meds for 2.50 mark up  box and 1.00 on gel and razors .....
but i asked for help to a question , not a lame attempt at a smart ass remark  :P

AngelX

Sudafed
« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2003, 05:32:00 PM »
I was just wondering if anybody has had any success extracting pseudo from "Sudafed 12 hour" 120mg caplets with this straight to e procedure? I was not sure if there was any other inert in the time release form that would contaminate the pseudo? Anybody know about this?

xboXer

hello!
« Reply #185 on: September 17, 2003, 06:54:00 AM »
Please scroll back to the beginning of this thread and read it a bit more carefully. you seemed to have missed the part that 120s are written about exclusively......(AHEM) :-[

joe420

can i please get help?
« Reply #186 on: September 18, 2003, 12:47:00 AM »
can anyone please help me ... i never got any anwsers

crackerbump

This crack head has been dreaming about this...
« Reply #187 on: September 18, 2003, 02:47:00 AM »
This crack head has been dreaming about this Straight to E alot and now have some questions.
I Had a dream. 2bx 12hr 120 worked great don't remmber if they were generic or not.
I had another dream. 2bx 12hr 120 this time I got a bloob of white shit had pseudo HCL in it. Now all my 120 dreams are like this. Everything is done as written, the ISO was 91%. I dried as described in the write up for the naptha/ISO mix. Then dried again when mixed with Naptha.

I found that the white shit desolves in water/ISO so I desolved the blob in water and based it, then I  Extracted with xylene evaporated that and had 1/4 G of pseudo base. Desolved that in Hot Naptha then into the freezer. Doing this I have finaly 2G of pseudo base. This is after about 4 dreams with 2bx 12hr 120's. I think the first time must have been with older pills or something.

1. Is there any way to stop the white bloob from hell?
2. Do I need to convert the 2g's pseudo base back to HCL and do acetone wash/soak to remove povidone?

I had another dream with 2bx generic 60 only had Chlorpheniramine maleate 4mg ,megnesium stearate and microcrystalline cellulose. This was a very strange dream. I soaked the pilles in MEK because I had no dry acetone and I read that MEK is like acetone. I was doing this to try and remove the Chlorpheniramine maleate. Decanted that stinking ass MEK and let PM air dry then I added the ISO/NAptha heated till boil filtered did this 3 times whent to add the Xylene and noticed the ISO/Naptha was full of tiney crystals allready. This never happened on the 120's. Whell the xylene was added and when heated crystals redesolved and then percipatated back out around 100c and now I have 2g's of pseudo HCL or that's what It should be. But I dont understand why it will not desolve in cold ISO. The pseudo HCL form the 120's desolved fine in water or ISO cold.

3. Did I do something to the Pseudo by soaking in MEK?
4. Can I use this 2g's pseudo HCL in a HI/RP reflux? or does it need further cleaning?
5. Is there any other drug that I could pratice A/B on. i.e. something cheep not watched and that does not have to be extracted form gaks. Any help would be greatly appreceated.

Also geezemeister I read a post of yours covering the A/B on Meth and now I can't find it. It had to do with little HCL evap more h20/hcl evap so you don't kill all your dope just the last bit. Thnx ppl for all the good post.

ahgreich

Tetra vs. Xylene
« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2003, 08:31:00 AM »
SYMHMIC tried the STE more or less according to the VE original post - with the exception of no xylene, had a fresh can-o-tetra however.
Fear at such high boiling temps at the end - pushed ahead anyway, and was awarded with a sudden crackling crash-out of the pfed-hcl. Worked like a charm!
The only way this could really be an ongoing solution for SYMHMIC would be to make a very large supply of the juice atop mgso4/nacl to keep on hand.
As a last-minute ghetto throw-down, no way.
Thanks VE!

grokstar

the waxy blues
« Reply #189 on: September 22, 2003, 04:33:00 AM »
Swig n Co have been playing with the STE of late. 
Since Blue Sulfates are swigs game,  the STE forms the first part of the extraction method.  Also in this part of the world VM&P naptha is non-existent.  Experimentors substituted White Spirits (WS) for VM&P, as after extensive searching found similar properties with boiling point,  fuel fraction etc. 
So its off to work we go.

The iso - WS hot extraction of the pills works fantastic!  This will certainly become a standard start to the clean,  as the G man hates crushing. 

The problems began when evapping off the iso.  Blue dye/wax comes out of the hot solution as the iso boils,  leaving a heavy sticky residue.  Hot MEK does clean this up,  although
after several boils the pm retains a blue colour.

being an impatient lad,  swig probably over-basified his A/B
(standard water A/B this time!!)
destroying his yield ( < 50% on 12 packs )

However,  obtained pfed HCl was of a much higher quality then has been seen on the last few outings,  with a high smokeability rating ( as a test ).

Since toluene is used as the np in the A/B,  some pre A/B -  post STE boils in the stuff are going to be attempted,  as are further MEK and or tone washes. 
Following that,  swig wants to try a WAB into tone,  cos titrations fuck him off. 

Cheers and goodnite

tao

Adding JD to the mix
« Reply #190 on: September 23, 2003, 04:12:00 AM »
Anyone have any comments on adding JD/TCE instead of the xylene? Or adding JD/Xylene?

JD seems to take care of the OG2 so adding it in with Xylene or TCE would reduce the total number of steps and maybe help with a purer product?

JD = Japan Drier

halfkast

The PCE/tetra should bee used first, to likely
« Reply #191 on: September 23, 2003, 06:21:00 AM »
The PCE/tetra should bee used first, to likely remove polymers which could react and form a mess with solvents including water used later.

Polymers can do magic, the more things they come in contact with, the more likely it is that they will come in to contact with a "Magic catalyst".

Though tetra could work supremely well if added to the STE as a BOTTOM layer. Test it. With or without xylene.

ahgreich

so, what swidk is suggesting is ...
« Reply #192 on: September 23, 2003, 06:36:00 AM »
have the tetra as a bottom layer in the vmp/iso boils? that way, the decanted vmp/iso can simply be boiled alone until the crash?

ahgreich

Hate to break it to ya
« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2003, 10:20:00 AM »
tetra is miscible with the vmp/iso mix.
swymtic took a mix of red hots and 240's and first tried boiling with the majic juice - the 240's were bastions of resistance. added some tetra - no bottom layer, complete mix. 240's still held fast. finally strained of the liquid and bashed the muck with a hammer, recombined with the liquid, boiled away. filtered. combined with an equivalent of tetra and boiled furiously, resulting in lightly pink, yet nicely formed pfedhcl in exceptional yield that cleaned up nicely with mek, although still very slightly pink.
later attempted rxn failed due to other sloppy reasons.

halfkast

Iso
« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2003, 01:07:00 PM »
iso is miscible with practically everything.

ahgreich, forgive me, I remembered that late  ;D

Do the tetra wash first, you shouldn't lose any yield if you decant correctly. Geez himself precedes with boils before the STE even commences these days.

wareami

Message of caution
« Reply #195 on: September 24, 2003, 01:35:00 AM »
Bee's:
Please be careful with what you choose to mix TCE with!
Some harmful compounds could result! I don't suggest just randomly mixing chemicals with tetra as a workaround to the foilers without having a solid understanding of the results!
Just a word of caution to newbees and oldbees alike!
TCE and xylene are also miscible from Ibee's experience!
But the miscibility in some concoctions is dependant on ratio as well. Especially those that utilize H2O as a buffer of sorts.
ahgreich:
Ibee's IDEA method is very similar to that mix you speak of.
The acetone locks the alky/tce layers and prevents separation. Without the tone, settling occurs and separates out to three layers! The exact composition of the layers was not analysed and Ibee thinks the bottom was a water layer from the water contained in the Denat and Iso!
Just some notes from the FarOut Side! ;)
Peace of the reaction

Have FUN-Bee SAFE

UpanAtom

84%,,,and very clean,, using white 60's
« Reply #196 on: September 29, 2003, 07:34:00 AM »

MnkyBoy78

After sometime off, SWIM wishes to report some
« Reply #197 on: September 29, 2003, 08:20:00 PM »
After sometime off, SWIM wishes to report some yields:

40 cnt 120 mg 12hr
Final dry weight: 4.15g of a possible 4.8 g.

A few mods to the procedure:  A vacume pump is used for filtering the Naptha/ISO/E.  4 Squares of double ply Toliet Paper are used as the filter.

After the second heating with the Xylol, a fan is placed above the beaker blowing air onto the liquid.  Massive crystals start forming.  Fan is removed.  Contents allowed to heat back up.  Once a large amount of crystals have parcipitated out, the liquid is filtered through a Colman Lantern Filter (small, NP safe plastic w/ a fine wire screen...~ 2USD).  A vacume pump is used here also to aid in the filtering/drying process.  MEK is poured over the filtrate several times while the reciever flask is still under vacume.  Contents of filter are tapped out of the filter onto dry paper towels and patted.  Filtrate is then allowed to air dry the rest of the way.

God Damn!!! VE is the MAN 8)

geezmeister

post your finals!
« Reply #198 on: September 29, 2003, 11:15:00 PM »
Good to hear from you Mnkyboy78!

I like the vacuum filtration modification.

Bad news is that in my experience with the generic 120's (which come with polysorbate 80) the method does not get the polysorbate 80 out and it will be found in the final product.

tao

Cloudy mixture
« Reply #199 on: September 30, 2003, 03:06:00 AM »
After adding the drying agents to the vm&p and ipa the solution was cloudy. The solution was allowed to sit for 20min then filtered through a charmin plug and three coffee filters. The obtained liquid is still murky but not as cloudy.

Is this ok for psuedo boils?

Edit: Charmin plug topped by folded charmin squares and three coffee filters used resulting in much clearer liquid.

JD/TCE wash had been performed on gup first leaving a slightly green/blue tint pill mass. Pills dried white.

After first ipa/naptha boil resulting liquid is aqua blue.

Edit2: Second ipa/naptha boil is also aqua blue but much lighter than first.

Is it normal for crystals to begin falling out of the ipa/naptha solution as it cools before xylene is added?

Third Edit: Solution stayed aqua blue during final boil with ipa/naptha/xylene. Resulting crystals are aqua blue even after generous MEK wash. Waiting for crystals to dry to see how much they weigh from maximum theoretical yield of 11.52g.